F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

well you can edit it, if you know the helmet you have. And you didn't do RGB with it. If you messed with RGB on it or don't know which it is then it's a problem
Aaa. Yea, I know which gen is my current helmet, but I think I do it with RGB. But, never mind.

I find something that could help us:
http://www.avsim.com/topic/471110-how-to-mipmap-and-optimise-textures/

This link is for mipmapping textures, so if anybody who have more experience than me can understand this way for mipmaps, then we are a legends! :D

it's not any different from replacing an AI driver's one. You find a career helmet, Career booster pack recommended, then replace it with your custom helmet, then restart your career and choose that helmet. If you use career booster one you don't have to get the RGB on it but if you don't have the career booster pack then there is a tutorial on the RGB setting early in this thread.

I'm sorry but I still don't get it... What do you mean with 'Career booster pack'?

Turns out it's much simpler than I thought - I'll make a proper guide when I have the time:
For this example I'm putting a TR chassis on a mclaren:
1. Edit the TR paint and decal file
2. Overwrite the Mclaren paint and decal file with the TR one.
3. Export mclaren-carmodel.layer from pkg tab (Thanks to @arvaimate00 for finding it's this file!)
4. Open the TR.erp and export torrorosso-carmodel.layer
5. -I'm using http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/ to edit these .json files- change mclaren-carmodel.layer to look like this picture View attachment 168327
6. Overwrite mclaren-carmodel.layer with this new edited .json
7. Save the .erp
So say for instance I want to repaint a TR into a Haas-a-Romeo:

I've edited the paint and decal file. Now do I just import those textures into the Haas ERP? Do I overwrite the Haas mipmaps or do I save the mipmaps as the TR mipmaps since I'll then also be copying the chassis?

I dont understand this, but im very curious as to how it would work if i wanna change the performance of the cars. Like making the Mercedes cars slower so they get into more fighting with redbull and ferrari. Just to make it more fun.
Hi. You can edit car performances in xml-file. So, team.xml is file that you need. When you open it, you will see a lot of datas that can be changed. As I can se, you don't have any experience in this so my suggestion is to use AI values which they use for their upgrades (these values are also in .xml file). I hope you can now start to modding it! :);)

Hi. You can edit car performances in xml-file. So, team.xml is file that you need. When you open it, you will see a lot of datas that can be changed. As I can se, you don't have any experience in this so my suggestion is to use AI values which they use for their upgrades (these values are also in .xml file). I hope you can now start to modding it! :);)
Thanks for you help :D Now theres only one problem, where can i find this team.xml file?

Hi guys!
So, as I can see, there are some guys who need a help with car performance. As result of that, I decided to make a little tutorial for this.

Step 1
Open your EEA. When you are in it, first set directory to F1 2016. Then go to file>open (shorter CTRL+O). Open your erp file (it's in F1 2016>asset_groups>f1_2016_vehicle_package>teams>choose any team>wep>"team".erp)

Step 2
Go to xml table and export "team".xml file. Do not close EEA!

Step 3
Open your "team".xml file. I recommend notepad++, I use it and it's very good one for this.

Step 4
So, you are now in xml file. You can see a lot of values that could be changed and effect car performances. But, for you guys who are new here I suggest to edit values that AI use for their upgrades. You can edit engine, aero, drag, fuel... So, now is your turn. Once you are finish, save it.

Step 5
Open your EEA and import that edited xml-file. Then go to file>save (shorter CTRL+S). That edited erp file replace with original one.

REMEMBER!!!
Make a copy of at least original xml-file in case that you do something wrong!

I hope I helped you with this little tutorial.:)
Feel free to ask me anything about this kind of modding!;)

Thank you for your effort. Unfortunatetly it doesn't really work for me.
I tried to make the Renault faster, so I copied the Redbull engine, but in the career the Renault is still one of the worst cars...

Thank you for your effort. Unfortunatetly it doesn't really work for me.
I tried to make the Renault faster, so I copied the Redbull engine, but in the career the Renault is still one of the worst cars...
That's because Renault and RB have the same engine. :) But if you copy RB aero to Renault aero, then Renault could be around half a second faster. ;)

Hello, Sorry for a noob + stupid question..fairly new to the forum side of this site. Is there a way to edit the driver attributes or something like that? Like to make 'max' super aggressive and such? Thanks

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to create these files? The ones with the strange color, the right one. The left is the standard one and the right one is the one i do not know how to create. But i need to do it because otherwise the textures do not appear in the game.

I can use Photoshop CC 2017 or paint.net

Attachments

• sfc.jpeg.png
    sfc.jpeg.png
    192 KB · Views: 232
Hi guys!
So, as I can see, there are some guys who need a help with car performance. As result of that, I decided to make a little tutorial for this.

Step 1
Open your EEA. When you are in it, first set directory to F1 2016. Then go to file>open (shorter CTRL+O). Open your erp file (it's in F1 2016>asset_groups>f1_2016_vehicle_package>teams>choose any team>wep>"team".erp)

Step 2
Go to xml table and export "team".xml file. Do not close EEA!

Step 3
Open your "team".xml file. I recommend notepad++, I use it and it's very good one for this.

Step 4
So, you are now in xml file. You can see a lot of values that could be changed and effect car performances. But, for you guys who are new here I suggest to edit values that AI use for their upgrades. You can edit engine, aero, drag, fuel... So, now is your turn. Once you are finish, save it.

Step 5
Open your EEA and import that edited xml-file. Then go to file>save (shorter CTRL+S). That edited erp file replace with original one.

REMEMBER!!!
Make a copy of at least original xml-file in case that you do something wrong!

I hope I helped you with this little tutorial.:)
Feel free to ask me anything about this kind of modding!;)

One thing i dont understand is what value i have to change to make engine, aero etc changed.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.4%