F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

did you try just using the brush tool? That'd be the easiest way to do it and limit the area
Oh you're the wonderful person! Thank you for making the video! It seems when you filled it with white, instead of turning the odd red color like in your video mine turned the whole thing white? Does that make sense?

Oh you're the wonderful person! Thank you for making the video! It seems when you filled it with white, instead of turning the odd red color like in your video mine turned the whole thing white? Does that make sense?
that likely means you don't have the rgb visible at the same time. The Alpha channel is just black and white but if you hav eit visible with the rgb you see the red like color.

that likely means you don't have the rgb visible at the same time. The Alpha channel is just black and white but if you hav eit visible with the rgb you see the red like color.
Ugh. I'm really sucking this up. Can I somehow send it to you for you to look at? That and the Haas paint file I'm working on and kindly tell me what I'm doing wrong or just hit me over the head with it?

I have all the logos in place that I want, I just don't know what if I've got the channels correct.

Ugh. I'm really sucking this up. Can I somehow send it to you for you to look at? That and the Haas paint file I'm working on and kindly tell me what I'm doing wrong or just hit me over the head with it?

I have all the logos in place that I want, I just don't know what if I've got the channels correct.
send me some screenshots in personal messages and I'll look at it

Guys, i used to open the car's erp files with simed3d, so I wouldn't have to open the game every time to check out how does my work look. The thing is, the free trial of my simed3d only lasted 30 days. Can you guys recommend me a solution? (no, i don't want to buy simed3d)

Hi I have a question
is it possible to use skin Mods for other teams than intended?
For example can I use a McLaren skin for RedBull
Or will a McLaren Skinmod only work for McLaren

Hi I have a question
is it possible to use skin Mods for other teams than intended?
For example can I use a McLaren skin for RedBull
Or will a McLaren Skinmod only work for McLaren
depends. You can technically use them on other ones, if the mod includes the dds files and you know how to do the chassis switch json edit you can do so. If it was just an erp then you can't really do it.

Guys, i used to open the car's erp files with simed3d, so I wouldn't have to open the game every time to check out how does my work look. The thing is, the free trial of my simed3d only lasted 30 days. Can you guys recommend me a solution? (no, i don't want to buy simed3d)
You can use the 3D photoshop templates for paint files - but that requires photoshop, not sure if there is a free alternative.

Going to ask it again, because I searched but couldn't find a suitable answer; How can I (easily) change the numbers on the AI cars?

And how to avoid, when renaming, seeing things like "Felipe Hulkenberg" etc?
1st bit: Export the number that you want to have on the car, and then import it in place of the one you want it to be (eg to have Vandoorne in the McLaren, export the number 2 and import it in place of 22. However if you wanted to put Hulkenberg in the Renault for example (a driver who's already on the grid), export 2 numbers, say 24 and 67, and edit it so it's just 27 (make 2 layers, put one on each layer, then delete the 4 of 24 and the 6 of 67, then merge the layers and save), then import that over the number 20 (which is Magnussens)

2nd bit: You have to edit lng_felipe. However, putting Nico there, would mean that whichever of Nasr and Massa are still there, it would show up as Nico for them too. That's impossible to stop from happening currently.

Thank you. :)

Going to try making some skins, as I am at the end of my first career season, and, with some help from tFR's mod, build a proper 2017 season.

Numbers are important at that point, as I love the "old" F1 of the 90s and especially the 80s, so the skins will increasingly become more old school. Ferrari with number 27 and 28, Renault with 11 and 12... etc etc.

Are you talking a paint file? Download the model packs from this site and then open the paint and paste the paint
upload_2017-2-9_22-24-15.png

Ok. But I didn't understand this: how to export a paint from this car, you know, to 2D?

EDIT: Never mind. I find it! :)

Last edited:
it's not any different from replacing an AI driver's one. You find a career helmet, Career booster pack recommended, then replace it with your custom helmet, then restart your career and choose that helmet. If you use career booster one you don't have to get the RGB on it but if you don't have the career booster pack then there is a tutorial on the RGB setting early in this thread.

it's not any different from replacing an AI driver's one. You find a career helmet, Career booster pack recommended, then replace it with your custom helmet, then restart your career and choose that helmet. If you use career booster one you don't have to get the RGB on it but if you don't have the career booster pack then there is a tutorial on the RGB setting early in this thread.
Why then I was able to edit my career helmet without restarting career?:)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.