F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Hello i'd like to know how to mod helmets. I want to put helmet sponsor template to my career helmet and put number 90 on it but i don't know how to do it, so can someone help me???

I'm using Adobe Photoshop CC 2017
then it's pretty easy. Export your helmet with the ERP archiver for incardriver.erp and export team_driver_90.tga from your team's ERP.

Then just open your helmet in photoshop, you can get a 3D model for F1 2014 helmets which still works if you want to, then place in the PNG of the sponsor template on top of it. Then position it correctly. Then open up the 90 you exported, go to channels, click on alpha channel, create selection from the channel, then go back to the number (the default layer) then creat a new layer via copy (of the selection) and then you can save it as a png and place it on your helmet.
If you are doing the helmet where it's on real life helmets then you have to mess around with different angles but you should be able to do that.

then it's pretty easy. Export your helmet with the ERP archiver for incardriver.erp and export team_driver_90.tga from your team's ERP.

Then just open your helmet in photoshop, you can get a 3D model for F1 2014 helmets which still works if you want to, then place in the PNG of the sponsor template on top of it. Then position it correctly. Then open up the 90 you exported, go to channels, click on alpha channel, create selection from the channel, then go back to the number (the default layer) then creat a new layer via copy (of the selection) and then you can save it as a png and place it on your helmet.
If you are doing the helmet where it's on real life helmets then you have to mess around with different angles but you should be able to do that.
When I'm trying to open my helmet file it says that document type is not real? what do i do??

Does anyone know what the font for McLaren's numbers is? Might be modded helvetica but I'd like something I could just easily do them quickly rather than one I'd need to modify for all of them.
Doesn't it take like 2 seconds to do a number? Eg if you want Hamilton in the McLaren, just copy (for example 41 and 24) on top of each other on different layers, and then delete the 1 and the 2 and you're done.

EDIT: Wait you're probably trying to figure it out for the new car as the numbers are different, just seen your McLaren mod... Will have a look now

EDIT 2: Looks like Bitsumishi Pro, Medium to be more specific :) Screenshot_1.png
Also, what file lets you change the FOV for the camera above the helmet on the car?

Last edited:
Doesn't it take like 2 seconds to do a number? Eg if you want Hamilton in the McLaren, just copy (for example 41 and 24) on top of each other on different layers, and then delete the 1 and the 2 and you're done.

EDIT: Wait you're probably trying to figure it out for the new car as the numbers are different, just seen your McLaren mod... Will have a look now

EDIT 2: Looks like Bitsumishi Pro, Medium to be more specific :) View attachment 175150
Also, what file lets you change the FOV for the camera above the helmet on the car?
well you can just edit it from the settings and camera settings but you can edit it also in the team-camscargame.layer pkg file (inside the ERP) if you want to do more.

I found a font called "Prototype" on dafont which looks pretty close so I think I'll run with that but thanks for the help!

Hey guys, So I'm using a modded language file which changes a load of drivers around and for two of them, the file is fine in game menus and in race results, but during the race, the wrong surname comes up over the car as you're driving (for example I'm replacing Pascal Wehrlein with Jordan King) and in menus and race results it's fine, but in the race itself it shows 'Wehrlein' above the car and in the graphic on the left, when it should say King...

Is it an easy fix?

Cheers,
Allflattious (Nick)

Hey guys, So I'm using a modded language file which changes a load of drivers around and for two of them, the file is fine in game menus and in race results, but during the race, the wrong surname comes up over the car as you're driving (for example I'm replacing Pascal Wehrlein with Jordan King) and in menus and race results it's fine, but in the race itself it shows 'Wehrlein' above the car and in the graphic on the left, when it should say King...

Is it an easy fix?

Cheers,
Allflattious (Nick)

Change lng_wehrlein in the language file

So does anyone know how to change a number mapping? I want to try to get a realistic position of the number on the sauber. I edited the carmodel json to have the force india map instead and it helps but it's not even close still.

When racing in quick race. Are the cars fully upgraded and have non? And how would this affect performance VTF changes. I'm running custom championships via quick race for my modded season so I can use custom calendars.

I am also wondering if there is an indepth tutorial about changing car performances. Just switching VTF's around (for instance giving McLaren the Mercedes VTF) isn't giving the desired results.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back