F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Is there a guide somewhere where you can see which car has the better engine, better aero etc etc? I want to mix some things up for my personal season 2. But I don't now which parts are superior on which car.

For example I want to give McLaren a performance boost, So I want to improve their Aero. I wanted to replace it with the Red Bull aero. But I don't know if the RB aero is actually better or not

But, for you guys who are new here I suggest to edit values that AI use for their upgrades. You can edit engine, aero, drag, fuel...
Hey! As I can see, some of you still have a problems with car performances. So, if you want edit example engine, then first just scroll down and find values that AI use for their upgrades (e.g. EngineUpgradeTier1Level1). And then, when you see what values you need to change and how, go back on top of xml file to the <ENGINE> and edit these values. That's it. The same thing is with aero, drag, fuel and chassis weight. :)

Can you help me? I imported the json file from the Mclaren Mercedes mod, but my ERP Archiver says:
"Could not create preview!

Chunk type not supported!"

The game quits after starting a race because of this :(

Hey! As I can see, some of you still have a problems with car performances. So, if you want edit example engine, then first just scroll down and find values that AI use for their upgrades (e.g. EngineUpgradeTier1Level1). And then, when you see what values you need to change and how, go back on top of xml file to the <ENGINE> and edit these values. That's it. The same thing is with aero, drag, fuel and chassis weight. :)
Is this for Career mode only? because im hoping it'll work for quick race aswell. I know i could just try but id rather just ask ^_^

Trying to import F1 2016 mods using ERP Archiver for the first time, I keep getting the error (file name is an example)

2016-redbull_racecrew_d.tga
The path is too long.
Try a shorter name.

Any advice? Thanks in advance. Some files are fine, but some files are messed up... Its from @arvaimate00 so I know its a good quality mod :)

Trying to import F1 2016 mods using ERP Archiver for the first time, I keep getting the error (file name is an example)

2016-redbull_racecrew_d.tga
The path is too long.
Try a shorter name.

Any advice? Thanks in advance. Some files are fine, but some files are messed up... Its from @arvaimate00 so I know its a good quality mod :)
Never had this problem - what version are you using?

How do you use eg the Force India skin on the Renault car? The Force India skin is much more like the new Renault, so would like to us it for my mod. I've seen it done before, just not sure how to do it myself:p

Hi guys!
Yesterday I try to make a new R.S.17 livery on Ferrari and Sauber chassis. But because of stupid mirroring it's impossible!! So I decided that we need somehow change that stupid UV lines (or whatever it's called) that causes mirroring. Here is a link about it (I think so). You will see one example with a cube where you have a one window in 2D with UV lines and the second window where you can see that cube in 3D. I think this could work.

LINK:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/supp...73BF7546-3BF2-44F3-9192-15A024CEC173-htm.html

#F1MODSREVOLUTION :)

Hi guys!
Yesterday I try to make a new R.S.17 livery on Ferrari and Sauber chassis. But because of stupid mirroring it's impossible!! So I decided that we need somehow change that stupid UV lines (or whatever it's called) that causes mirroring. Here is a link about it (I think so). You will see one example with a cube where you have a one window in 2D with UV lines and the second window where you can see that cube in 3D. I think this could work.

LINK:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/supp...73BF7546-3BF2-44F3-9192-15A024CEC173-htm.html

#F1MODSREVOLUTION :)
It's a good idea, but unfortunately as we don't have access to the EGO Engine we can't edit the files that define the UV mapping. We could make our photoshop models look better but not the in game one.

It's a good idea, but unfortunately as we don't have access to the EGO Engine we can't edit the files that define the UV mapping. We could make our photoshop models look better but not the in game one.
Oh really? I thought that the DDS file that have UV mapping because when you go for example to your PS and select team_paint> edit texture you got that DDS file with some lines (that lines are actually UV mapping). Something like this:
upload_2017-2-22_15-11-59.png

Oh really? I thought that the DDS file that have UV mapping because when you go for example to your PS and select team_paint> edit texture you got that DDS file with some lines (that lines are actually UV mapping). Something like this:
View attachment 174660
I'm pretty sure the mapping is in the carmodel pkg file and in there is a line for the map but we can't access that file. But do try it for sure

Can anyone tell me how to make this second texture which is needed on some files?
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2016-modding-questions-thread.124753/page-44#post-2400069

It is called *****sfc.tga or *****n.tga (car paint textures for example)
The sfc is how the surface of the car looks (matte, gloss etc) for example if you want the Ferrari to be matte like the Red Bull replace green of ferrari_sfc with the lilac of redbull_sfc.
The _n texture I think does the 3D but I've never changed it so I cant really give you any advice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back