F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Is it possible to change the Drivernumbers on the Cars from the AI? So if I changed e.g. Felipe Massa to Alex Lynn, can I change the Number 19 on the Car too?

I know how to change the Name. But the Number maybe too? I gues maybe its possible, cause in the Localisationsdatas are the Numbers etc. on it, I gues. :D

Funny Thing, when you look right in the Localisation at the Subtitles some are old, like "Vergne" or "Pastor has crashed" :D

Is it possible to change the Drivernumbers on the Cars from the AI? So if I changed e.g. Felipe Massa to Alex Lynn, can I change the Number 19 on the Car too?

I know how to change the Name. But the Number maybe too? I gues maybe its possible, cause in the Localisationsdatas are the Numbers etc. on it, I gues. :D

Funny Thing, when you look right in the Localisation at the Subtitles some are old, like "Vergne" or "Pastor has crashed" :D
You can, but you have to do it by editing the mipmaps or by using the ERP archiver to export them.

Yes i change this to 10 :p Still nothing happened...
Looks like the folder has changed, everything car related this year is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\asset_groups\f1_2016_vehicle_package\teams\*team*\wep folder this year including the handling.vtf
I changed the manor's grip multiplier from 1 to 1.09 and this was the result http://imgur.com/a/vkan7

Looks like the folder has changed, everything car related this year is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\asset_groups\f1_2016_vehicle_package\teams\*team*\wep folder this year including the handling.vtf
I changed the manor's grip multiplier from 1 to 1.09 and this was the result http://imgur.com/a/vkan7
Do you feel the difference? Did you tried to change anything else?

Do you feel the difference? Did you tried to change anything else?
No I haven't changed anything else or tried driving with additional grip myself
But on last years game I changed the grip multiplier and some other variables -mass, engine spline-to change the grid order and I definitely felt the difference (won the WDC with McLaren).
Maybe someone else has tried it out on this game?

Hi all , I wonder where is located the File = data.physics_materials.erp in F1 2016 ? F1 2015 he is in F1 2015 / ego_package / physical / config in F1 2016 did not find this file , sorry my english Thanks For Help !!

Last edited:
No I haven't changed anything else or tried driving with additional grip myself
But on last years game I changed the grip multiplier and some other variables -mass, engine spline-to change the grid order and I definitely felt the difference (won the WDC with McLaren).
Maybe someone else has tried it out on this game?
I'm afraid no... I hope someone will figure something and make a mod!!

Oi como vai? Gostaria de me informar onde eu encontrar o arquivo = data.physics_materials.erp em F1 2016? F1 em 2015 que está localizado na, F1 2015 / ego_package / física / config, F1 em 2016 não encontrar esse arquivo, desculpe o meu Inglês, obrigado pela sua ajuda !!

Mod Edit: RaceDepartment is an English speaking website. When posting on public message boards, please use only the English language.
Use Google Translate.
It is found in \F1 2016\asset_groups\ego_package and application.erp. If you are using EEAv4 data.physics_materials will be in the xml tab.

You should only need the dds converter from nvidea. What's the error message that comes up when you try to open it?
This is the error on photoshop.

Attachments

• dds.png
    dds.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 343
I'm afraid no... I hope someone will figure something and make a mod!!
that data.physics_materials file contains what I think is the grip data for all the surfaces in the game. But I'm no expert in grip modding, can anyone confirm?
grip.png

Howdy everyone. Not been playing F1 since 2010 and 2011 - but I heard this update was good so have happily come back.I'm currently checking out the modding tools these days (as all I remember was the database editor back in 2010) so I was wondering if anyone who has a head start on the area I am interested to mod.

Looking at the situation of RnD in regards to being able to develop most things within a couple of seasons for the most part - I was wondering if we have the ability to mod (in order from most likely to be configurable to least):

1. The cost of RnD (whether this is a blanket or Per Upgrade or by Car)
  2. The effect of RnD (and whether this would be reflected in the team's development standings and expectations.
  3. The length of time that an RnD component takes to be available to use (instead of everything being available next race).
  4. Removing an RnD component (say, at the end of each season, you lose One level of each of the five categorie, including their bonuses. This ensures you must still do RnD each year to keep your car Current)
Thanks for anyone with any information

Red

that data.physics_materials file contains what I think is the grip data for all the surfaces in the game. But I'm no expert in grip modding, can anyone confirm?
View attachment 152412
Hmm... This seems like a pain the ass. There is one more file "tyrecompounds" i believe that were used in 2015 for grip mod, but the file inside is a bit different in 2016.

Howdy everyone. Not been playing F1 since 2010 and 2011 - but I heard this update was good so have happily come back.I'm currently checking out the modding tools these days (as all I remember was the database editor back in 2010) so I was wondering if anyone who has a head start on the area I am interested to mod.

Looking at the situation of RnD in regards to being able to develop most things within a couple of seasons for the most part - I was wondering if we have the ability to mod (in order from most likely to be configurable to least):

1. The cost of RnD (whether this is a blanket or Per Upgrade or by Car)
  2. The effect of RnD (and whether this would be reflected in the team's development standings and expectations.
  3. The length of time that an RnD component takes to be available to use (instead of everything being available next race).
  4. Removing an RnD component (say, at the end of each season, you lose One level of each of the five categorie, including their bonuses. This ensures you must still do RnD each year to keep your car Current)
Thanks for anyone with any information

Red
I wonder if it is in the gamevaluedata.erp located in F1 2016\asset_groups\game_package\gamedatabases because I haven't seen any folder connected to r&d inside the game files. The gamevaluedata inside the .erp appears to be a GVarient database (gvdb) and as far as I know there is no way to decompile and edit them but I might be wrong.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies