F1 2013 F1 2013: Post Your First Impressions

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
  • Deleted member 6919

Don't waste your money, this attempt is far the worst of the series, they have learnt nothing...ffb and overall steering is bloody awful sounds are terrible and the general lighting on track is just weird..no im not talking about the filter for the classics, menu is to their usual standard..poor, uninstalled it from steam can't believe i gave them another chance, never again..

Don't waste your money, this attempt is far the worst of the series, they have learnt nothing...ffb and overall steering is bloody awful sounds are terrible and the general lighting on track is just weird..no im not talking about the filter for the classics, menu is to their usual standard..poor, uninstalled it from steam can't believe i gave them another chance, never again..
LMAO

You gave them another chance Gopher?

If anyone should know about the ambient lighting of the game G is the man.

Glad I didn't part with any pennies for it.

Had a blast in the Old Lotus!! so far so good Long weekend to break it in love that if you do well enough in the young drivers that you can go straight to Lotus instead on the Bottom teams that's a big plus i reckon.

Seams to handle alright took a few laps to get the hang of it then i was alright the replays of the classic cars are great. The game it self runs really well on my rig (Core i7-3770 3.9GHz / 3GB AMD HD7970 / 16GB RAM) maxed the graphics options and it smooth and fast just need the HD Car and Tyre Mods ASAP the Tiers look a bit flat IMO the menu is not the best still prefer the F12011 Menu was easier to get around.

Codemasters really is all over the place, can't make up their mind, now there is loooooads of front grip...
Still the oversteering cars seem fun to drive so far, though i'm not sure about realistic.
Braking distances look good, though i'm still adjusting.
I the only time i locked the fronts was when i had to stop the car in the red area, while driving i don't think it ever happened.
FFB much improved ;)

Melbourne chicanes are still cutable which is sad.

I'm gonna attempt to shorten my wheel rotation now from their 2012 values (345), more direct steering might be in order...

Last edited:
Performance seems pretty good here, i5 3ghz/gtx660 max settings with high track and car lods 8csaa/16af, 85fps back of the grid. I hope we can turn dof, only thing I don´t like. New lighting effects and ferrari´s paint look very nice. I like it so far.

As it turns out maximum input isn't the way to drive, for a second there i thought we were back to 2011 "steer as much as you can, as quickly as you can", back into the 300+ steering lock.

Coming from 2012 is a weird feeling, i drove it earlier today so i could make a direct comparison, at first it feels like you have limitless grip at the front... and then you have no traction at all, much harder to put the power down compared to 2012, seems like setup fiddling time :D
Anyway, having fun with the handling.

System performance seem the same for me on an FX 6300 with 660 gtx, running locked at 60, graphics are good, cockpit cams still suck (modders to the rescue).

How do you work it. I downloaded it but dont know how.
Copy all the folders inside the SweetFX download (usually in a zip file) into your main game folder where the .exe file is.Then run the game, and you will know its loaded as it looks better and pressing "scroll lock" turns it on/off. I got my SweetFX from this site under the download section ages ago, and the user had tweaked the settings file to make F1 look great. In fact I use it on all my games. Its called "Sweet FX Enhanced Graphics Settings by ALKMNDZA"

Sc is improved, speed is higher.
The car looks indestructable but the realistic damage mod works with 2013, but you have to pick a low value because otherwise you loose your wheels with just a little bump.

Mirrors are way better.
Handling feels fine.
Graphics are good.

And the track is rubbering in. A darker line and dark braking zones are appearing.

I'm off playing some more:p

Last edited:
First thoughts are that they've made a good step from 2012. Didn't think I would like the filter on the classic cars but think it's pretty cool. Glad they have given the option of skipping day 1 of the YDT, enjoying the classic tracks, had a few races around brands hatch.

Think there could be some really amazing mods, with the 80's cars. Can't wait to see what the modders are going to be able to do with this game.

Still pretty disappointed that there is no P1 or P2, kind of wish that they would add more DLC on for some classic cars of the 00's. 2008/2007 McLaren would be great to have in the game also would love to see some really early F1 cars added in legends like Fangio and Moss in the game. Guess that wont happen but still that would have been awesome

tried a 25% race on a Ferrari 2013, Korea. Quick thoughts

Good:
much better mirror- great improvement on immersion when racing wheel to wheel
tyre scaling
mid session save
pit camera options
AI seems better than 2012 default

bad:
1. bad force feedback as usual- I will try some of the old FFB mods
3. seems to have stability assist when driving off track
4. nearly impossible to lock the tyres
5. still difficult to spin out, even if you really want the car to spin the car.

subjective notes:
-new handling is acceptable for me. I like the lower grip on the rear tyres when exiting a slow corner.
-new graphic style looks too cartoonish for me, I prefer the 2012 style graphics

Will try the game a little more and see...

aagania, you say it is difficult to spin out and then talk about the lower grip in slow corners, any idea on how to dial out the low grip cos i have oversteer all over the place and severely spin out on exiting slow corners coming out of medium speed corners and exiting fast corners, i have tried my limited range of tricks and cant work it out! Have tc on full, am using a g27.

Cheers

F1A

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back