F1 2013 F1 2013: Post Your First Impressions

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I don't understand why they included the post 1994 Imola track and not the original version since most classical cars a pre-1994. Other than that, the classic cars are a blast to drive. But the DLC is way overpriced imho. This should have been in the game.

Present car driving changed a bit. I'm not used to it yet. Fells more realistic while also a bit clunky. Like the car is heavier. Less traction out of slow corners and a faster AI (at least until I get used to the new handling).

Graphics are better. With everything high except shadows and 2x AA I get 60 fps with the occasionally dip down to around 50-55. (older PC with AMD Phenom II X4 955 and a AMD 6870)

My first impressions are its awesome....so far.

Did a quick aero test at Catalunya and these are my results for wing settings.
1-1 20.450
6-6 20.387
11-11 20.425

There is obviously alot more to test regarding setups though but its promising. The difference in handling was very noticeable too.
Wow So at last setups that work
Can you test this in other tracks too especially tracks like India, Suzuka, Singapore where they are High DF tracks

aagania, you say it is difficult to spin out and then talk about the lower grip in slow corners, any idea on how to dial out the low grip cos i have oversteer all over the place and severely spin out on exiting slow corners coming out of medium speed corners and exiting fast corners, i have tried my limited range of tricks and cant work it out! Have tc on full, am using a g27.

Cheers

F1A

You would usually lose your car if you enter a corner too quick and hit the kerb or grass. My suggestion, break earlier, be light on the throttle when exiting and keep it on the tarmac. Also make sure you have control settings set to "overide input" "steering wheel". Hope it helps.

Car textures look very good now, cockpit shadows are way improved and look antialiased now. Some particle effects seem more persistent, handling is improved (one needs to be more careful with the throttle now), track detail seems richer, new animation when the driver gets angry lmao, no more understeer, menu fonts are smaller and sharper (pc menu style) and so on. Don´t believe the guys that say it is almost the same because codemasters just keep doing better and better.

SMILES OPINION (perhaps to make someone smile)

GOOD :thumbsup:
  1. CLASSIC CARS: wonderful to drive with them. :roflmao:
  2. PHYSICS: now the car is very aggressive and you can attack the curbs. :sneaky:
  3. STRATEGY: well done tyre wear and box-strategy ;)
  4. SCENARIO MODE: challenges well done. :rolleyes:
  5. EYE: significant changing in the lighting system. :cool:
BAD :thumbsdown:
  1. CAREER: no transfers, sameness race by race. :sleep:
  2. DAMAGES: what? Realism? ..No :mad:
  3. PENALTIES: I'm not completely sure if they are fixed or no, but it seems no. :sick:
  4. ENGINEER: often he's useless :O_o:
  5. EXTRAS: no extra "events" around the race like warm up, return to the pitlane after the race, podium. :cry:
I say YES to this game, this year it's impressive, and I really love it! :laugh:

What I really liked was the Classic cars added to a modern game. But there are some errors in that pack: Points system (they took 2013 instead of 80's and 90's one), Refuelling (allowed in some of the past F1 years), LCD's (most 80s cars didn't have one)... Damage (non-existent in Classic races)... Bits and pieces that, in my opinion, must be corrected.

First impressions, having only done a practice and a qualifying session in Melbourne in the Caterham, to me, overall, just seems like F1 2012 with the handling being more sensitive. Backmarkers' times have improved as well, no longer beating them by 1-2 seconds a lap, now drawing level with them.

Weakest points of the game, grass physics (still possible to make time by cutting corners, a simple decrease in grip and increase in bumpyness would solve it) and damage (no need to explain).

It's a shame that Codemasters is unlikely to fix those things on a patch(they really should those are obvious flaws in an otherwise very accomplished package), so we rely on modders.

The game is more interesting with classic cars and classic tracks. I like the option to customise your race e.g. racing present cars in classic circuits, classic cars in present tracks; and choose the tracks and the orders. Rain and smoke scenes more realistic. Go for the classic edition.

Last edited:
i think it's friggen amazing based on the bit I've played. the lighting has improved exponentially ie. there actually is some degree of natural bloom ect. and the addition of classics is great. seems like the cars handle better, which is good because 2012 i feel like they slid out too easily (compared to seeing how far the real cars can be pushed).

it runs amazing for me. maxed out 1080p i was getting 120fps with a 680, 2500k @ 4.2GHz, 8GB ram so running v-sync on now. looks great! looking forward to some hd texture packs. reallllly looking forward to getting into this one.

and to those who complain/compare to 2012... forget how unplayable that was at release? with a few tweaks this will easily be the best f1 game in the series.

Also, taking to multiplayer in an attempt to get used to the new handling, glad to see people haven't changed and can just punt you off the track at will without punishment. I get there's accidents, but cutting across my line and spinning me out intentionally deserves drive-throughs at least...

Played a race in Singapore (Williams - V Bottas):
LAP 17: Rosberg crash at turn 18 (where Ricciardo crashed) and SAFETY CAR deployed
LAP 45: Perez crash into Sutil at braking at turn 5 and destroy his front wing, there was a lot of debris on track..SC deployed

Yes. This point is fixed, excellenty I say.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back