1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 2013: Post Your First Impressions

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by David Baz, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Seems like my steam version has released early :):):)

2. What country are from? might be the case. Mine still says pre-load.

3. millen

millen
    Premium Member

Yeah, here in Australia it's been working since last night some time, my friends have been playing it all day... Early reviews from them are generally positive so far.

4. yeah Australia. Started up steam it downloaded a patch and it was good to go

5. Cool is that you can use your custom helmets from f1 2012, same template :)

6. Same helmet template like F1 2012?
    That's perfect! So i can play the game instead spending the whole weekend to get my helmet ingame.:D

7. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Well, it hasn't released early in North America, aka the land of F1 ignorance.

I am pre-loading it, though.

8. ML2166

ML2166
    If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?

I don't think the helmet layout will be exactly the same.

It hasn't been the same from year to year in previous titles, no reason to expect it to be any different for this title. One of the ways CM's stop the cross title copying.

Plus in all the videos I've seen, there appears to be a definate difference in the helmet models used.

Alonso's helmet has the Schuberth top vent, while Button has the triple Arai top vents etc etc. This says to me the templates will be different somehow.....but I'm only guessing.

9. [​IMG]

10. same templates like 2012?

11. ML2166

ML2166

What about the the helmet n.tga files for the two?

12. ML2166

ML2166

13. Jake Adams

Jake Adams
    Premium Member

Just started it up, Wow graphically stunning.

14. First of all, it feels A LOT like F1 2010. It is also VERY power demanding, main menu is VERY laggy and now I have about 30% fps less than I had in F1 2012 on pretty much same level of detail. I did one online race in Melbourne and I was like "man, these braking points are very familiar". Braking is pretty easy, even without assists it is like you have ABS always. Not so sure about handling because I didn't touched wheel settings yet. Oh, they finally fixed gearbox settings for Singapore! Aaand tyre scales are back.

15. Scott Tanner

Scott Tanner
    3vil - Steam

Looks even nicer with SweetFX

16. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Anyone tell me how to get out of windows mode when playing this please, cheers

17. ML2166

ML2166

Try Alt and Enter together.

Worked in the past.

If not try Alt and Tab.

18. Damages on the car are incredibly poor yet... How can CM say that actual damage scale is "realistic" ???
    Honnestly, it just seems to be a F1 2013 skin on F1 2012. That's a shame :(

19. I'll say it is a bit more than "skin". Engine visibly less powerful, tyres have a bit more grip, DRS is much more effective, absolutely different braking behavior (a lot like F1 2010 - trail brakers will be happy). Yet, physics are the same, of course because game engine is the same. It is like Codemasters are still trying to find balance between game and sim and continue to tune these things.