F1 2013 F1 2013: Post Your First Impressions

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm almost done with this game. I love it, but I just can't get my gamepad to do what I want. I want that if I press the trigger at 80%, the gas pedal ingame is at 80% too or at least somewhere at this point, but no. It doesn't matter what settings I change, the moment I'm at more than 10%, the game thinks I'm doing full throttle lol

I'm almost done with this game. I love it, but I just can't get my gamepad to do what I want. I want that if I press the trigger at 80%, the gas pedal ingame is at 80% too or at least somewhere at this point, but no. It doesn't matter what settings I change, the moment I'm at more than 10%, the game thinks I'm doing full throttle lol

I really don't understand you on this? Your game pad trigger is an on/off switch, it's not analogue. Its either on or off. You need a wheel and pedals to get what you require. That's the way I see it anyway.

I really don't understand you on this? Your game pad trigger is an on/off switch, it's not analogue. Its either on or off. You need a wheel and pedals to get what you require. That's the way I see it anyway.

You do know that triggers exist? I'm not asking for the accuracy of a racing wheel's pedal, obviously.
It's not on/off, it's a trigger which can differentiate between 10% and 90% lol

...don´t like. F1 2012 is easier.

AI in F1 2013 is to hard. i hate the Penaltys and the tyres
slip in many curves with xbox controler. so i´m back to F1 2012 :(

i delet the game... F1 2013 = Frustration and slippering never Ends

Last edited:
I want to buy F1 2013 but I'm still having nightmares about the handling model in F1 2012.

F1 2012 - 100 % grip transitions into 100% oversteer. and in low speed 100% grip transitions into 100% understeer if entry is fast or 100% oversteer if entry is slow but exit is fast.

There is just no transition, the physics just feel like you have complete grip and are just litterally steering with no direct control over the car or no need to really control anything, until you hit the threshold of "too fast" where it then goes into 100% understeer and you drive straight off the track regardless of what you do with the wheel.

In F1 2011 you were constantly balancing between a smooth transition of oversteer and understeer, you had those little twitches and you could feel the car moving about. Alright it does not compare to that same sensation on a proper PC sim but it was there, it was an experience that a driver could really engage with, but they ruined it in F1 2012 with that stale understeer game.

I thought I was just remembering back badly but I just installed F1 2012 again and it completely made me want to throw it out the window, so then I downloaded F1 2011 to see if that really was as I remembered and just as I thought, the car moved progressively and you could manipulate understeer/oversteer properly, once I'd learned the car I got faster and faster, pushing harder and harder and really enjoying it.

F1 2010 was similar to 2011 in that respect, but slides could not be caught properly in 2010 as they could in 2011. If F1 2013 drives like the first 2 games then I'd buy it in an instant, but I just can't deal with spending money on something that could be F1 2012. Not when steam refuse to refund me (as they did with F1 2012 last year).

Ok, after the first few races I have to say that I'm not enjoying it as much as I did 2012. I like playing with my gamepad and with mid or full traction control on. That's how enjoy it the most since I'm not a "hardcore" racer and don't want to install a wheel. It is very hard to apply the throttle even if traction control is set to full... to the point that I'm not having fun anymore.

I was lucky enough to try the game before considering purchasing. As someone who really enjoyed the 2010 experience but disliked 2011 and 2012 (didn't play them much after release), here are my thoughts (yes i purchased based on my trial)...

Firstly, I enjoy Sims more then Arcade and this game defo falls over the line onto Arcade but I have to say...i'm really enjoying this game!...and i'm most surprised. The handling is ALOT better, still a bit wishy washy but a big improvement. Struggling with wheelspin out of slower corners and my arch nemesis, oversteer...really struggling in fact but enjoying the challenge none the less.

Love the strategy with fuel, tyres and weather. Trying to beat your teammate can't be overlooked either.

The AI seems MUCH improved. Much faster, they move off racing line when on an outlap or inlap, they slow when appropriate and I've noticed several times they speed up to get through the upcoming corner then pull over and slow, all to eliminate or dramatically minimize your lap disruption. They're actually thinking ahead now.

The sound is awesome. Gear changes and cars just in front are my favourite sounds.

My Career 2 races in has been fantastic fun. The pressure of Q is a buzz and the race is even better.

Yes there are/will be bugs (I've not noticed any...yet) but I feel they are more online related. For me, the fact that you can cut corners and smash into other cars with little or no damage et cetera, has no impact for me as I don't do either of those things (and either do the AI). Maybe once I experience a big bug that ruines a race I will feel differently but so far so good. I have faith that CM will fix any race ruining big bugs (cough cough). So far so good.

In summary, for those wanting a really good offline modern F1 racing experience against excellent AI that looks and sounds very good, consider this game, especially if you like/love modern day F1 ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back