F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Patch #9

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
After almost a full week without releasing a patch CodeMasters is back in the patching business and released the ninth patch for F1 2012 The Game on Steam today.

This update addresses the following issues:
  • Made some improvements to the online game so car positions should be more accurate and less twitchy at high speeds.
  • Made some PC Framerate improvements for those people who had an FPS drop after patches.
  • Fixed the wheel weight property so that it will now work correctly
  • Fixed the final results screen for the client in a Co-op session so they see their stats not the hosts.
  • Fixed two infrequent crashes.

Codemasters also confirmed that console patches have been submitted to both Sony & Microsoft and are now subject to approval.
The patches for PS3 and Xbox 360 have now been sent for submission with the relevant first parties. We anticipate that the PS3 patch for Europe - English / French / German / Italian / Spanish and Japan will be released at the end of this week. The Xbox 360 patch should be released early next week. Finally the PS3 patch for European Polish / Russian and American versions will follow in another week or two.​

(Lewis Hamilton in his McLaren-Mercedes at Spa, imitating the state of the game on release day.)

For more on F1 2012 The Game in general visit our popular F1 2012 The Game forums with the latest discussions and also the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and much more.
View the Post on the Blog

I hadn't played F1 for about a week and since friday I'm just truckin' in ETS 2. Getting bored from driving at 90km/h I jumped back in the +300km/h F1 car and tried the Racenet event. I don't know what happened but now I'm doing better than ever :D

I bet most of the people complaining about me never tried rFactor with the mods i posted, so they don't have a comparison.

I tested f1 2012, so i can compare, you not.

You can compare and we don't care about your comparison. Fair enough.

Everyone is entitled to play what he / she wants to. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean nobody else is allowed to have a different opinion.

Keep trolling and a timeout is just around the corner.

I bet most of the people complaining about me never tried rFactor with the mods i posted, so they don't have a comparison.

I tested f1 2012, so i can compare, you not.

You can compare and we don't care about your comparison. Fair enough.

Everyone is entitled to play what he / she wants to. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean nobody else is allowed to have a different opinion.

Keep trolling and a timeout is just around the corner.
Ah and why? Just because i have a different opinion?

You should be banned for nerving people who are experienced in PC-racing and have a objective meaning about f1 2012.

You should be banned for nerving people who are experienced in PC-racing and have a objective meaning about f1 2012.

It's called opinion, an opinion. The people in here don't come into rFactor threads and tell you that your sim sucks, which could very well be their opinion.

We want RD to be a peaceful environment. I'll give you the chance to leave everyone in here alone and stop arguing. Your last chance.

@ Rotax: Let's not forget rFactor is a (full) simulation game whereas F1 is something between sim and arcade. I'm sorry, but the games are not in the same category therefore you can't compare them. Personally I prefer the less realistic game from CM rather than rFactor.

boys will always stay boys! By the way, I was an rFactor F1 mod addict 2 years ago until I tried F1 2011. There are a lot of elements that make a good racing simulator game. Physics is just one of them. rFactor mods may sometimes have best physics than F1 CM series but they're falling short in all other elements. Fair words. Rotax has the right to express his opinion in a democratic environment like this but I'm afraid he's doing it on the wrong thread. Peace.

I agree. CM have made a good F1 game this time. They are still coming out with new patches. Its been almost a month since the release and we have got 9 patches so far. They are doing a good job. Remember how we moaned for patches for F1 2010 and 2011. If somebody doesn't like the game, don't buy it and don't hate it. Simple.
"The patches for PS3 and Xbox 360 have now been sent for submission with the relevant first parties. We anticipate that the PS3 patch for Europe – English / French / German / Italian / Spanish and Japan will be released at the end of this week. The Xbox 360 patch should be released early next week. Finally the PS3 patch for European Polish / Russian and American versions will follow in another week or two."

I play on consoles to stay away from people like you :)

Bloody PC elitists. They're all ''Ooooh, look at my fancy computer with my top end graphics card and my better processing power. Oh, I'm so much better 'cos I have a PC''

You obviously like to think yourself better because you've played a game on the PC.

Sad

I play on consoles to stay away from people like you :)

Bloody PC elitists. They're all ''Ooooh, look at my fancy computer with my top end graphics card and my better processing power. Oh, I'm so much better 'cos I have a PC''

You obviously like to think yourself better because you've played a game on the PC.

Sad
Oh no, don't start another dispute here. We don't really need another old boring confrontation. Both platforms have advantages & disadvantages. I don't think Rotax was against consoles. Let's be realistic.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.