Resource icon

Misc F1 2012 Realism Enhancer 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm very sorry. Yes, I've missed it. Sorry. No, I haven't done it this year. Maybe it's your setup. Take a look at the video I just made:

I'm still looking into that. I made 3 friends + me to test it and neither of us is getting any of this. Can you tell me your PC specs? Are you using ALL of my files? AI folder, CARS folder & TRACK folder are from my mod?

Ok ill try altering my setup. If I do want to adjust AI top speed what folder is it? And what do I change values to?

I see you using mix3 fuel setting to keep up with the AI on the straights in this vid, I dont want to be doing this ideally every straight to keep up.

Ok ill try altering my setup. If I do want to adjust AI top speed what folder is it? And what do I change values to?

I see you using mix3 fuel setting to keep up with the AI on the straights in this vid, I dont want to be doing this ideally every straight to keep up.

Ryder's database editor ==> open the database and lower the horsepower on AI cars. Lower it not by much. Maybe by 10 will work.

As I'm going to make an update soon, I don't wanna be changing 1 value and releasing a new version. I'd like to know how you like this idea:

In 2012 we had McLaren - best car at the start of the season. Then it fell down. Then it was fastest again. In this game, McLaren is fastest on all tracks. Would you like me to make it graduate like in real life or I should leave it like this?

I think a small advantage should be had but only very small.

Does anyone else think the AI is to quick? Thats my only gripe...other than that its great.

If I play on amature difficulty with this mod will this effect the AI overtaking and general aggression aswell as reducing there overall speed?

Does anyone else think the AI is to quick? Thats my only gripe...other than that its great.

If I play on amature difficulty with this mod will this effect the AI overtaking and general aggression aswell as reducing there overall speed?

Without this mod I'm a few seconds of the pace in my torro rosso, but with this mod I'm 4 or 5 seconds of pace.
In 10 laps time the gap between me and the car in front is increased to 18 seconds. I'm playing on legend.
Tried it on proffesional and stil I'm off the pace.

I think the ai is a little quick.

And as noticed before the straight line speed of the ai is much higher then the players car .

I've tested it on a 100% race at melbourne

Without this mod I'm a few seconds of the pace in my torro rosso, but with this mod I'm 4 or 5 seconds of pace.
In 10 laps time the gap between me and the car in front is increased to 18 seconds. I'm playing on legend.

And as noticed before the straight line speed of the ai is much higher then the players car .

just change the track folder for the original track folder. This will solve the problem that the player is very slow.

I don't think so. But to be honest, I've never played anything below Legend so I don't know.

Can you show me a video. I still can't see how the straight line speed of the AI is higher.

And how can the AI be too fast? There are some people that find this too slow. Can't you just lower the difficulty? To be honest, I can't believe someone is complaining about too fast AI. I tried to make it really fast, so fast people can battle with it & everyone who finds it fast can always lower the difficulty.

But like Picho has answered you, you can put the original "tracks" folder. It will make the AI a lot slower.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention. Intermediate level is the old Professional level. I've closer the gaps between levels. Amateur is pretty fast too. So, yea.. Maybe I made 'em too close I guess.

Thanks Kristian. Really fantastic work! Love how the car handles and the new AI braking and cornering speed.:thumbsup: My favorite so far.

I've only tested in China so far, here are some of my observations...

AI tends to go off track too often when under pressure on turns 2 and between turn 9 and 10. I tried to lower <trTrackCurveOfflineRatio float from 0.6 to 0.4, but it only solved turn 9 and 10. They still go off track on turn 2 often. I guess there's other factors involved here.

7th gear seems to be too slow. Top speed on the back straight is only around 300kph. Actual F1 goes at around 315 to 320 kph. AI also seems to be noticeably quicker than player on straight line.

Was driving with custom setup, Front wing=8, Rear wing=3. normal fuel mix. 50% race.

aagancia The AI in Turn 1&2 China is Very Slow. Players can gain Loads of Time at there. So unless some one make a new Ideal Line for AI at there no one can Change it. They take very wide Line to exit the T1 which is forcing them out of track under pressure.
Edit : Also use a Bit more Less Wing like FW = 3 or 2 and RW = 1 It will help you to gain some more Speed.

AI are really extremely slow in turn 1 and 2 of China, but they don''t go off track often with the default AI files.The previously released AI mods used to have thesame problem, but they were able to fix it eventually by adjusting <trTrackCurveOfflineRatio float.

I guess you really have to choose one over the other in this case. Have a quicker AI, but they may go off track or a slow AI that stays on track. Personally, I would rather have a slow AI in these turns. It sort of destroys the racing for me when I'm chasing a car and then they suddenly go off track when I pressure them. It sometimes destroys a good battle for position.

I'll try lower wing setup and see how it helps my top speed.

Basically the only way to keep up with the AI on the straights is to use the glitch set up 1/1 1/11 and so on... Otherwise if you use the default set up the 6/7th gear are so long you are a sitting duck.

Kristian Nenov updated F1 2012 Realism Enhancer with a new update entry:

Update v1.1

Changelog:
  • Decreased drag on all tracks (higher acceleration)
  • Drag for AI cars is the same ==> AI cars won't be faster on the straights
  • Increased difference between difficulties (it's not just a few tenths like it was on v1.0)
  • Fixed Shanghai T1 & Suzuka T2
  • Lowered AI lock up chance. They won't run wide when they're under pressure that much. (They still may make a mistake under pressure)
  • Increased KERS failure chance by 20%. (As I had it downed by half, it was almost impossible to get a KERS fail.)

Update v1.1

Changelog:
  • Decreased drag on all tracks (higher acceleration)
  • Drag for AI cars is the same ==> AI cars won't be faster on the straights
  • Increased difference between difficulties (it's not just a few tenths like it was on v1.0)
  • Fixed Shanghai T1 & Suzuka T2
  • Lowered AI lock up chance. They won't run wide when they're under pressure that much. (They still may make a mistake under pressure)
  • Increased KERS failure chance by 20%. (As I had it downed by half, it was almost impossible to get a KERS fail.)

Sorry, I had to re-upload it because I accidentally included my backup database. No need to re-download if you've downloaded already. :)

The harder is better.:cool: I prefer to racing on legend with a good setup and nonstop fighting and on the end to take just some points, the winning every time is boring.:roflmao: May be will return to v1.0 again before i make my choice which to keep...

The harder is better.:cool: I prefer to racing on legend with a good setup and nonstop fighting and on the end to take just some points, the winning every time is boring.:roflmao: May be will return to v1.0 before i make my choice...

Well, if there are people who want the hard and people who want the easier version.. I'm gonna make both of them. Will update in some time.

Update 1.2

As some people are having issues with straight line speed of the AI, I have 2 versions now.

• Hard AI - the AI is fast in a straight line
  • Easy AI - the AI isn't that fast in a straight line.

Please, tell me if the easy version fixes the problems for you. I'm going to try some other ways to fix the problem with the straight line speed. I have some ideas. Let's hope they work alright. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back