Resource icon

Misc F1 2012 Realism Enhancer 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
I tried a quick race on Melbourne and Spa. I race on Intermediate difficulty normally. I found the AI to be much to quick, straight line speed is noticably faster. I had to take it down to Amature to be in touching distance.

But i will say the racing was great, AI SO MUCH BETTER THAN VANILLA.

Is this something you can look at? Or can i adjust a config setting somwhere.

Thanks

I tried a quick race on Melbourne and Spa. I race on Intermediate difficulty normally. I found the AI to be much to quick, straight line speed is noticably faster. I had to take it down to Amature to be in touching distance.

But i will say the racing was great, AI SO MUCH BETTER THAN VANILLA.

Is this something you can look at? Or can i adjust a config setting somwhere.

Thanks

You mean the straight line speed of the AI? If yes - you can decrease their engine power in the database. That's the easiest way.

Hi, what files have you edited in order to change the cornering speed of the AI? Thanks.

In the "tracks" folder there is a folder "circuits". When you go in there, you'll see a folder with the name of every track on the calendar. You can go there and in route_0 you'll find a file named "ai_vehicle_track.xml". This is where you can adjust the cornering speed & braking points.

Haven't been here in a while, but looks like we have plenty of good new mods floating around, including this new variation of the 2012 Realism mod.

Thanks for remembering to give us makers of the SC Fix mod credits too.:thumbsup:

EDIT: I see you didn't include realistic damage mod in this. I guess one can always add it on themselves if they want it with this mod.

Hi I did not see the question so far in this thread, but before starting a new career, does your mod have tyre wear scaling in career?

Thanks, Midiman

Maybe you missed my question on page 2 so I will post again - Did you give the AI cars a speed advantage? Its pretty huge in my opinion, there's no way I can keep up with them on the straights.

Maybe you missed my question on page 2 so I will post again - Did you give the AI cars a speed advantage? Its pretty huge in my opinion, there's no way I can keep up with them on the straights.

I'm very sorry. Yes, I've missed it. Sorry. No, I haven't done it this year. Maybe it's your setup. Take a look at the video I just made:

i have simillae Q like guy on last page, well in my career on suzuka all AI run wide in turn 1(or 2 that first long right curve) and run off the track(25% race i use)

I'm still looking into that. I made 3 friends + me to test it and neither of us is getting any of this. Can you tell me your PC specs? Are you using ALL of my files? AI folder, CARS folder & TRACK folder are from my mod?

Yeah i saw the ai going wide there, but it looks like they only do it when they are under pressure.
Haven't tested it further but I can remember it was a problem in the original game

Yeah i saw the ai going wide there, but it looks like they only do it when they are under pressure.
Haven't tested it further but I can remember it was a problem in the original game

Oh, they probably lock up. I've set the value quite high to lock up when they're under pressure. Maybe I should lower it. It wasn't that often for me.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.7%