F1 2011 F1 2011 wish list

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
More data after and during the race.
I want to see best laps times after the race.

I also want to be able to review the whole seasons results so I can compare them to the following years. Currently you don't get this option as once you move to the next race you can no longer view it.

Helmet customization or at least a lot more choice to the current list!

Award ceremony

More variety and answers to questions.
Currently seem to annoy most teams with my answers.

Maybe a ghost option to try and improve on your times for tracks you struggle on.

Realistic AI qualifying.
They all seem to coast around and never do the proper lap.
They also fail to get out of the way in practice and qualy so maybe some realiastic punishments.

Different engineers for different teams.
I seem to get the samew person and same messages every team.

Thanks.

numerous suggestions. them with a * at end are most important in my view

1) safety car (with option to turn on or off) *
2) interactive drivable pits (with option to turn on or off)
3) interactive podiums spraying champagne, lifting trophy and hearing your national anthem (with option to turn on or off)
4) parade lap (with option to turn on or off)
5) kers *
6) more realistic weather in qualifying so when it is soaked and raining heavily in q1, q2 will not be bone dry *
7) more constantly changing dynamic weather, with possibility of very short light showers lasting just about a minute, that may lead to drivers (player and computer) incorrectly changing to wets, with the track staying dry
8) interactive inlap after racing, with possibility of celebrating, using controls to wave to crowd and throw fists in the air (with option to turn on or off)
9) more helmet designs to choose from (not just country flags or plain coloured)
10) split screen offline *
11) pre-season tests on carrer mode to try different packages, to get the car set for season, possibly including test tracks such as jerez
12) different options for agent, woman from 2010 did my head in :),
13) more interactive press conferences (maybe an option to take questions from different members of the press)
14) pre-race on grid interview
15) commentry *
16) engine failures and other mechanical failures (didnt happen in 2010) and having to find best place to park up if you retire *
17) better pit releases (not making you wait if theres another car at other end of pit lane) *
18) possibility to choose your race engineer voice,
19) better telemetry
20) race marshals/stewards (all trackside waving flags at you on inlap after race)
21). possibility to queue at the end of pitlane at start of a practice of qualifying session
22) more realistic damage, so in heavy crash there is a lot more damage visible, and possibly the front end of car goes through tyre barrier,

obviously most would not happen, but there are some that i feel to be essential

I'm afraid I haven't read most of the above posts, agree with most things mentioned, one thing I haven't seen mentioned that I'd like to see is a map of the circuit, preferably with corner names/speeds etc..... Possibly even with the option of a walk through.

SammyC_NCFC

i think some of those thongs are going too far and would be impossible to do some of the ideas. i think #8 and some of #3 is taking it to far and would be really complicated to do, but #3 going on to the podium whould be a good idea but not making it interactive.

- saftycar by red flag
- yellow, green, red and blue flags waved by marchalls round the track and end of race
- podium celibration
- possibility to change names of drivers and teams
- more realistic and adjustable damage on car
- mechanical failures in order of real F1 teams
- possibility to change track orders
- possibility to change team order en car / drivers race numbers
- possibility on choosing out of several team-assistant
- Real F1 HUD, splittimes, race order etc
- possibility to use in interview your real name
- more spectators along track waving flags etc
- able to see crached cars along the track
- able to see removing the crached car by marchalls
- possibility to use teammates setup and not just suggesting to use it

maybe more but it is probably already listed

Customize your helmet.

I was thinking what new things should be added to the new f1 2010 and one of the things i thought of was to customize the shape,design and visor tint and things. Or bring out loads of DLC with differant helmets and things like that. Comment if you agree plz!.

:)

BURL3YY

Mod edit: moved to f1 2011 wish list

1. A game that works as promised.

Really though
-more accurate fuel/tire sims
-ability to put in a bid to drive for a team and depending on performance, have them make an offer.
-mix up teams performance/drivers season to season

Since you are asking, and not necessarily in any particular order:
1. pit babes( real; not CGI ..images or looping video)
2. show graining texture effects on tires: the rear view mirrors should show the condition of rear tires. If you have your mirrors right, that is most of what you will see in them. You don't have to have a HUD graphic indicating their condition, Just temp.
3. use live video clips of reporters using "canned" questions.
4. Grid walk
5. Formation lap
6. Safety car
7. Cockpit cam could use more shake and vibration. Make it more dynamic for turning, etc. Its already available as a mod for PC. Make an option for Helmet Cam; the visor of the helmet creates a lot of distortion and really limits vision to make it more realistic.
8. Championship Edition: you had to make corrections when driving down the straight to keep the car straight.
9. During the race, engineer should indicate your time to car ahead and leader. I really cannot keep looking at the hud. In-fact, put it on a board along the pit-straight.
10. Reliability: there are too many AI that finish a race, just not realistic. in general, there can be as little as 3 cars that DNF. In the rain especially, sometimes only 10 cars can finish.
11. Tire pressure: can't say enough about this.
12. Camber and Toe adjustments are not very clear. I know toe out is when the leading egde of the wheel points out, does that make it a positive or negative adjustment?
13. Replay. I would like to be able to not only replay a two hour race, but i would also like to save it. A good race would be nicer to watch than 30 minutes of Glee!
14. Telemetry: i have no indicators available that indicate how to gear the transmission! Let me know when the engine goes flat or bogs. Am I braking too late, too much? Am I throtle happy? Do I have too much wing? This is already available on GT5 it can be done, especially for a game so in-depth in tuning.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.