F1 2011 F1 2011 wish list

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
If we are going on visuals too, then the team principal should be sitting in his station on the pit wall with all his telemetry. Or being able to do a "fake" pit stop. Kinda like how Ferrari would bring out their pit crew, ready to go only to call them in just to throw other teams off.

Lots of "requests" already listed here.. but not sure if the press side of this has been covered... 12 pages is a lot to look through... so here goes.

A choice of the following would/could/will be nice

Agent
Please do me a favour (and others too!) as this one is a "moose" with a somewhat limited vocabulary to boot.. "she" does nothing to help you out at all! All she does is sit on her "fat arse" in your motorhome.
Make her work! Your choice of contract is limited to either yes/no and you cant negotiate at all.
Get the "moose" to do more for you!
Or does she scare the pixels out of the other teams when they come to offer contracts?

Chief Engineer
Not just "Rob" ('onest guv my name ain't Smedley)
Give us a choice of engineer and also give them a bit more info to relay to you.. not just telling you constantly that "X" is about to pit and also that they then do pit in within the times said and not around 10 laps after the estimated time either, as I've seen happen on many a race.
I know teams can do "con" jobs to fool you into going in early in a real race.. we've seen them do it in GP's on tv. Also more detail on who is ahead/behind you and how they are doing in the race in comparison to you and not just the stock comments like "X" is 5 seconds behind you.. or push it "X" is right behind you (we can see that for ourselves.. that's stating the bleedin' obvious!) So basically...more pit to car info/chat etc.

Pit Crew
More pit crew interaction in/during the race.. or better still at the end either on the pit wall and after spraying them with the bubbly! (if you are on the podium of course!) The ones you have are identical, irrespective of whatever team you are in, and they are clones in the other pit areas in the same race too.
Side note: Make them wear wet weather gear in the rain.. that poor sod must hate it standing there in the rain, waiting to let you go on an out lap when other teams are leaving/entering the pits! (lol) Also stop the pticrew from holding you for an inordinate amount of time when you are the only car in the pits.. as you have to sit and wait and watch others race past the pit lane moving you down X amount of postions in the race and then when you do leave you sometimes hit traffic that then decides to block you.. thereby giving you the penalty for bad driving!
*This is also something that others have commented on in different posts too with regards to racing and patch updates too.

Press people
Dull... Bland.. Tedious... not real interviews!
Vary them, as they are the same "people" each race with the same "stock" questions too. Allow us to have more in the way of replies instead of a choice from either running your teammate down (verbally that is, although in one race I did make my team mate, Vettel, go off as he came past the pits as I left them) and asking about the car and team too and/or refuting a team move.. or "Rob" moving to your new team with you if you do get a new seat, please get some "different people" asking questions in interviews (post race), and not just that "woman" in the post race press talk in badly fitting clothing (it looks like she dug them out of the laundry basket) and make them somewhat more animated too, and not monotonal.
Side note: Alter the volume too as they speak quietly.. my sound is set at a decent level and they are talking quietly in comparison to other background noises during the race and "Rob" is nice and clear too yet these people.. almost "whisper" in comparison!

Team principals
Get something done about these too; ie add them to the game for incar talks etc and pre/post race comments advice etc.

Laptimes/pitstop info onscreen
preferably at the bottom, scrolling across the screen. You have it in the pits on the monitor in practice and qualy sessions (who is pitted in and out on track).. so how hard is it to show who's pitted in etc.. just like you see on tv. They had this on Geoff Crammonds GP race sim, GP3 and 4 if I recall correctly. So how come you can't on here?

Here's an afterthought.. take a look at ALL the old racing sims and see what people liked about them and put in similar things.. namely stuff that helps you in race.

I feel that safety car and better Ai as in Rfactor you see the flags you have safety car.
The puddles are a pain hotfix screws the game on my pc so not happy !!
Also your windows live should keep a record of game and settings so like i had to reinstall today
i had to start from new due to faults after update.
diff pit crew in each team and diff voices
a choice of agents and rewards and team requirements etc
just juice the game up

1. Safety Car
2. Warmup lap
3. TV Style
4. All upgrades and liveries of cars
5. Better multiplayer (24 cars on grid)
6. Fixed cutting track system
7. More errors of AI
8. Podium celebration
9. AI transfers after the season.
10. More realistic car damage

Better testing of the product (and the subsequent patch, since there is very likely to only be one given F1 2010...) before release, and a complete removal of Games for Windows Live, or at least the option to not have to use it.

Amen to that! Get rid of GFWL!

Lots of "requests" already listed here.. but not sure if the press side of this has been covered... 12 pages is a lot to look through... so here goes.

A choice of the following would/could/will be nice

Agent
Please do me a favour (and others too!) as this one is a "moose" with a somewhat limited vocabulary to boot.. "she" does nothing to help you out at all! All she does is sit on her "fat arse" in your motorhome.
Make her work! Your choice of contract is limited to either yes/no and you cant negotiate at all.
Get the "moose" to do more for you!
Or does she scare the pixels out of the other teams when they come to offer contracts?

Chief Engineer
Not just "Rob" ('onest guv my name ain't Smedley)
Give us a choice of engineer and also give them a bit more info to relay to you.. not just telling you constantly that "X" is about to pit and also that they then do pit in within the times said and not around 10 laps after the estimated time either, as I've seen happen on many a race.
I know teams can do "con" jobs to fool you into going in early in a real race.. we've seen them do it in GP's on tv. Also more detail on who is ahead/behind you and how they are doing in the race in comparison to you and not just the stock comments like "X" is 5 seconds behind you.. or push it "X" is right behind you (we can see that for ourselves.. that's stating the bleedin' obvious!) So basically...more pit to car info/chat etc.

Pit Crew
More pit crew interaction in/during the race.. or better still at the end either on the pit wall and after spraying them with the bubbly! (if you are on the podium of course!) The ones you have are identical, irrespective of whatever team you are in, and they are clones in the other pit areas in the same race too.
Side note: Make them wear wet weather gear in the rain.. that poor sod must hate it standing there in the rain, waiting to let you go on an out lap when other teams are leaving/entering the pits! (lol) Also stop the pticrew from holding you for an inordinate amount of time when you are the only car in the pits.. as you have to sit and wait and watch others race past the pit lane moving you down X amount of postions in the race and then when you do leave you sometimes hit traffic that then decides to block you.. thereby giving you the penalty for bad driving!
*This is also something that others have commented on in different posts too with regards to racing and patch updates too.

Press people
Dull... Bland.. Tedious... not real interviews!
Vary them, as they are the same "people" each race with the same "stock" questions too. Allow us to have more in the way of replies instead of a choice from either running your teammate down (verbally that is, although in one race I did make my team mate, Vettel, go off as he came past the pits as I left them) and asking about the car and team too and/or refuting a team move.. or "Rob" moving to your new team with you if you do get a new seat, please get some "different people" asking questions in interviews (post race), and not just that "woman" in the post race press talk in badly fitting clothing (it looks like she dug them out of the laundry basket) and make them somewhat more animated too, and not monotonal.
Side note: Alter the volume too as they speak quietly.. my sound is set at a decent level and they are talking quietly in comparison to other background noises during the race and "Rob" is nice and clear too yet these people.. almost "whisper" in comparison!

Team principals
Get something done about these too; ie add them to the game for incar talks etc and pre/post race comments advice etc.

Laptimes/pitstop info onscreen
preferably at the bottom, scrolling across the screen. You have it in the pits on the monitor in practice and qualy sessions (who is pitted in and out on track).. so how hard is it to show who's pitted in etc.. just like you see on tv. They had this on Geoff Crammonds GP race sim, GP3 and 4 if I recall correctly. So how come you can't on here?

Here's an afterthought.. take a look at ALL the old racing sims and see what people liked about them and put in similar things.. namely stuff that helps you in race.

Yep, especially Geoff Crammond's games - old games that had fully simulated real time race and qualifying for all cars. I cannot understand why Codies can't do that with today's tech. Yes, the graphics have much improved, but so has the processing power on offer.

One other thing? What's with only being able to get a boxed PC copy if you preorder? That's hardly fair.

I love F1 2010. It's a brilliant game. I think Codemasters have had a bit too much stick regarding the details. The overall feel of the sim is like nothing else before it.

Couple of minor things which might be cool:

- tweak to see S3 time when pitted.
- ability to see all laps S1,2 & 3 times for player / session lap log.

Sorry if these are repeats, didn't have time to read all 14 pages.

Thanks.

I would like to see team games incorporated in Multiplayer - so tactics can play a part. It would mean you don't have to win the race to get the most points in a team, it gives you purpose to continue if you have an accident and drop back a long way, fight for the lower points.

I think this would add an extra layer of playability an longevity to the online racing. Just going for the win for yourself every time gets repetititve eventually, especially if the XP is capped.

Maybe it has been mentioned before:

Copy teammate setup
, or atleast allow us to have a look. And if that is not possible atleast for the love of god make my engineer stop saying maybe we can have a look at his setup. It gets annoying.

Change engineer: It would be nice to change them and it having any influence on the standard setups. If this would be my engineer for real I would have him either be fired or demoted to waterboy.

Penalty system: It needs to be looked at. Although part is good I find it sometimes very easy in giving me a penalty when someone is running in on me. (For instance when leaving the pitlane at monaco)

Start race settings: If I change my setup to start the race with the fast engine mapping because I want to make up some places at the start before the race I find it very dissapointing to find out that when I start the race it is on normal again.

More adaptive with the pitstop during the race. If I would decide to come in and use my second set of tires I should be allowed to do this and not have my team withhold them from me because they are reserved for my pitstop a lap later.

TELEMETRY: I need to see my data to improve my setup I hate to be just guessing. 15 years ago I had every data in the formula 1 game already what makes it to hard to have it now?

Manager, maybe to be more active interaction. For instance to try and get yourself into attention of a dream of your choice. And not just to have your change to get to a team be dependent of your ranking it should be from your manager, and your actions on the track. a bad first year with little rep followed by a good second year would still not get you a really good deal.

I'd love to see a Safety car and that drivers from other teams also change team.
For example that in the 1st season Schumacher is driving for Mercedes and 2 seasons later Renault or such.
That would be cool

Start race settings: If I change my setup to start the race with the fast engine mapping because I want to make up some places at the start before the race I find it very dissapointing to find out that when I start the race it is on normal again.

Although I agree that this does need fixing, it's not difficult to manage. you always have a spare hand for a split second when the lights go out to change the throttle map settings. Never caused me any problems.

I know it probably has been said, but how about realistic crashes and yellows. I mean it seems that when AI cars get into an accident they recover almost instantly, even if they spin out and are facing the wrong way. Also the yellows seem to only last for a sec and thats it. I know that if there is an accident it takes longer to clean up. A lot of people are also mentioning safety cars. How about safety cars and full course yellows when there is heavy rain? It does happen at times.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.