F1 2011 F1 2011 wish list

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Wishes

Sorry about seeing others the same wishes but i write it my own wishes as more same wishes goes to attract more attention maybe :)

So I think it worst to make this (some are small) things implemented because the game is fenomenally good , and is a simulator why should not have REAL AS POSSIBLE

-More Real qualifying weather transition.
-Safety Car + safety car yellow laps + able to see the accidented car trough the safety laps
- To have remain dust\dirty surface (in case oil etc) where whas an accidentec car (like 2010 abu dhabi)
- Manual Warm up lap before race
- TOTALLY MANUAL Control in PITS , you have to drive , brake in, push the limiter etc. !!!
- Better key assignment for pit strategy , when entering in pit .
- More realistic damage (tyre broke off ,wheel broke off, engine problems, brake etc)
- Car spinout more real as it was too easy to recorect from pinout even in wet conditions.
- A bit more replay time (at least 15 sec)
- Ability to use the teammate setup in case.
- Correct the pit penalty when entering the pit in some tracks (could not know when to turn to 100km\h)
- Manual launch from pit as Possibility to start earlyer as i was stuck sometimes in pit for long time .
-And finaly to have more attraction, when you finnish on podium you will be able to drive your closing laps and (maybe have crowd on track :) drive into the selabrating area ,and there will goes to auto animate further ...that would be an awesome target to try to reach :)

Alot of what has already been proposed. But here's a few less common wishes

-Authentic Steering wheel / Cockpit modelled after each team.

-Custom driver name and flag sticker on the car (rather then the default driver sticker)

-Able to buy things with your money earned (Bonus cars + tracks + Videos, etc)

-More Pit radio chatter.

mod edit: posts merged - if you are the author of the previous post, please edit and update it instead of starting a new post. You had 7 POSTS here when editing 1 would have done! To insert multiple quotes, click the ("+) at the bottom right of each of the posts you want to quote from.JC.

I agree with Bram, I think they did a great job with the tracks. I think the lack of tyre skidding noises is just fine as you rarely hear an F1 cars tyres skid when watching a race!
I agree with no more ghost cars over taking you in the pits!
I would like to see a tear off option on expert, track visual while watching your monitor so you can see track condition, telemetry on the monitor and a customize helmet option!!!
Back soon with more wishes!

That element needs to be kept in the online lobbies - how else do you remove the idiots who drive around backwards?
So so so true James! Could not of said it better!!!

Sorry about seeing others the same wishes but i write it my own wishes as more same wishes goes to attract more attention maybe :)

So I think it worst to make this (some are small) things implemented because the game is fenomenally good , and is a simulator why should not have REAL AS POSSIBLE

-More Real qualifying weather transition.
-Safety Car + safety car yellow laps + able to see the accidented car trough the safety laps
- To have remain dust\dirty surface (in case oil etc) where whas an accidentec car (like 2010 abu dhabi)
- Manual Warm up lap before race
- TOTALLY MANUAL Control in PITS , you have to drive , brake in, push the limiter etc. !!!
- Better key assignment for pit strategy , when entering in pit .
- More realistic damage (tyre broke off ,wheel broke off, engine problems, brake etc)
- Car spinout more real as it was too easy to recorect from pinout even in wet conditions.
- A bit more replay time (at least 15 sec)
- Ability to use the teammate setup in case.
- Correct the pit penalty when entering the pit in some tracks (could not know when to turn to 100km\h)
- Manual launch from pit as Possibility to start earlyer as i was stuck sometimes in pit for long time .
-And finaly to have more attraction, when you finnish on podium you will be able to drive your closing laps and (maybe have crowd on track :) drive into the selabrating area ,and there will goes to auto animate further ...that would be an awesome target to try to reach :)
I would love to see all these things. However, manual control of the above mentioned should only be an option for the expert setting.

Just wondering, is Codemasters checking this site/thread? Or would it be much more useful to copy/paste this thread to their official website?

There's some very good stuff mentioned in this thread, would be a shame if it's all useless to put it here.
GOOD POINT!!! Can somebody with the resources please find out for us!

- Less delay when leaving pit box if car is passing by
- Be able to see what setup I was using when I did certain laps, eg, in practice so I can see what setup I used on my fastest lap
- In-depth telemetry
- Ability to review in the pits my lap in comparison to fastest drivers ghost
- Safety car
- More intermittent weather in race to force you to abandon dry setup and switch to intermediate/wets. Doesn't happen enough
- Formation lap
- When doing flying lap in qualifying, brakes shouldn't be cold, you've just done an out lap to warm them up
- Mechanical failures, especially towards the end of the season with engines running out. Should happen more often with newer/lesser teams
- KERS. System should improve over the season and should be better on some cars than others.
- Safety car start in torrential rain.
- Rear/Side damage option. Currently there's no damage apart from front end from what I've seen in my 4 seasons
- Option to change to a better, let's say different, race engineer when changing teams
- An engineer that comes over the radio and says "Alonso is faster than you, can you confirn?".... I joke
lol @ alonso joke!
Rolling start behind safety car in torrential rain! Love it! maybe only for hard or expert settings though! definate harder A.I
I agree with evolution of KERS over season. Also, more mechanical failures towards end of season. I also agree with damage to side of vehicle too! Great ideas!!!

Since codemasters have been doig f1 for 3 years now they should still have the data for all the cars so they should have a 3 season contract where ou start off in 2009 with all the f1 2009 cars then have to work around all the upgrades & and changing teams (new teams coming in and old teams leaving)
Love this idea!!! So instead of F1 2011, it would be something like F1 2008-2011!!!!
Saves you doing 7 seasons with the same rules!!!

Pit boards and crew cheering you across the line!
A more varied pit crew (should be able to choose)!
Better on track info!

# Hot Pit Babes strutting around the starting grid in skimpy bikinis
# Live the Life = pick up the hot pit babes and take em to your hotel room after the race
# Pit crew who don't ALL look like "Stefano Domenicali"
# Finger and Hand gestures (possible 'crazy' hand gesture when you crash into your team mate)
# Pit crew stealing your front nose and giving them to your team mate
# Post crash: sit at the pit wall and watching the race (with ice cream: optional)
# Paddock Driver fist fights and punch ups
# Glimpses of Richard Branson around the paddock and starting grid.

Seriously though - MUST HAVE :
# Safety Car
# Warm up lap
# KERS
# Podium with Champagne (interactive)
# Trophy Cabinet
# Helmut design
# Car fires
# Sponsorship negotiation (based on race results)

some more:

SP
- more detailed team orders
- off season testing, including r&d factor
- sponsorship with real car decals...so when you sign sponsorship deal your team has sponsors decal on car, helmets.
- driver gestures
- "winner's" lap after finish including podium
- launch control and false starts.
- realistic damage and mechanical failures
- possibilty of racing in scenario mode (recreation of past real races)

MP
- Interactive team: - when you are playing online you can form your own team in a way that online players can control members of a pit crew, racing engineers... so that race will be totally team work experience

I feel that it would be nice to have a more personal link with the team e.g. if you race for ferrari in the second car then we should be hearing from Rob Smedley or Christian Horner if you are in Sebastian Vettel's car. They could perhaps help you with the initial set up of the car informing you wether the track is low medium or high downforce track. What area to set your ride height and stiffness, what gear ratio's, leaving you to tweak in the right areas as in reality. Lets finally be able to see what our team mate is running. The team could calculate a new stratedgy as the race unfolds helping you to resume racing from a pitstop out of traffic etc. If the tyres run longer than expected what do the team suggest about the stratedgy.
The weather is not perfect either and needs some attention. How can you enter qually 3 in heavy rain but go to qually 2 or1 in perfect sunshine with no sign of the previous weather.
As you mentioned the "Behind the scenes", there could be so much more. How about a full walkabout of the track and paddocks. A cycle ride round the tracks like many drivers do to get the layout. Driving to and from parc ferme'. Receiving the trophies on the podium and splashing the bubbly. Weigh ins etc. Pit walk with celebs and team officials. A Pre race interview with Martin Brundle in the pit lane. Eye candy!!! Bernie and fia members. What about fitness levels? can we go to the gym to keep our driver in peak performance.
I would definatley love to see a better replay. One where we are watching it on telly with full commentary. And why can't we save them??? Perhaps a full championship review.
Lets have more sponsership and a little more involvment with the team management. Sponsor bonuses and a growing bank account(or decreasing if your rubbish).
Lets not forget safty car and flags and marshalls on track.
If you want to make it as real as possible then the whole spectable must be considered to acheive that. Well done so far and keep up the good work. I look foward to f1 2011.

mod edit: posts merged - if you are the author of the previous post, please edit and update it instead of starting a new post. You had 3 posts here when editing 1 would have done! 2nd offence. JC.

No probs. Side view mirrors looooooool! Not sure if you play the game on xbox or PS3 but both these consoles have the same mirrors you have so kindly circled : p

Wing mirrors. Rear view attaches to the windscreen. A technicality I know!

Wish I had spotted this earlier lol!

Really?, then can you tell me what these things are:
Wing mirrors/side view mirrors/offside and nearside mirrors. Like I said, F1 cars DO NOT have rear view mirrors.

My wishlist for 2011:

1. the things they promised 2010 would be: real!
2 real physics and not this simplified, sometimes scripted, physics model. (u need inspiration, look at netKar)
3 option to choose between arcade and real physics
4 freedom to choose the right seat position and the right fov
5 rain should be wet, this means u shouldn't be able to drive fast with dry tires.
6 an intelligent engineer
7 a rebate for the lost investment in F1 2010

thank u

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years