F1 2011 F1 2011 wish list

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I really wanted to post this at the Codemasters forum in the hopes that it would get some attention, but my password isn't working and with the site down there's no way to reset it (it also probably wouldn't get any attention if posted there anyway). I hate to join the ranters, but I have to get this off my chest.

I understand that there are hardware limitations that dictate how long you can let careers run, the 5 years doesn't bother me, mainly because it's not that different from 7. Not that different in that the system still has all the same problems. I also get why they want you to start with lower tier teams, the idea being that you have to work your way up and build a reputation. The problem is, why on Earth should I spend 4 years building a reputation to finally get picked up by McLaren or Ferrari, and then only get to enjoy the fruits of my labor for one year?! What's the point of working to get noticed by a big name team if I don't get to spend any time actually racing for them? Why waste time "Living the Life" if I never get to live the life of a franchise driver for a top tier team?

I'm perfectly fine limiting the career to 5 years if they can't keep the stats and make sure that everything stays balanced, because at the end of 5 years I'll just start a new career. But if I spend those 5 years busting my arse to get into a top tier team, I really don't want to get busted back to the bottom of the barrel. If they could just open career mode to every team, or do what other games do, let you unlock the rest of the teams by completing a 5 year season.

I realize that there's Grand Prix mode to experience as many seasons as I want in a top team, but I don't want to assume the persona of someone that already exists... I want to "Live the Life" with my own, created driver...

Anyway this has rambled on enough and probably isn't even that coherent, and while it's really a minor issue compared to things that have already been said, I just want the ability to experience something more than one or two years as a big name driver... to actually reap the rewards of the work I put into building a reputation...

I don't mind the invalidated laps so much, I just don't like that it stops recording the time. Sometimes I only go off onto the grass a little and rejoin the race. Sure, my time is invalidated, but I still want to see my sector times and everything.

I also don't like 'Invalidated Next Lap' which crops up when I have a bad exit on the last turn, very annoying. I know I can just pause and restart, but I hate to interrupt the flow of things.

I don't mind the invalidated laps so much, I just don't like that it stops recording the time. Sometimes I only go off onto the grass a little and rejoin the race. Sure, my time is invalidated, but I still want to see my sector times and everything.

I also don't like 'Invalidated Next Lap' which crops up when I have a bad exit on the last turn, very annoying. I know I can just pause and restart, but I hate to interrupt the flow of things.

It still shows your sector times and final lap time even if the lap is invalidated.

more information

<P data-cke-expando="70">I have a number of things I would like to discuss</P>
<UL>
<LI data-cke-expando="74">Firstly the pitstop bug, i think you should choose when to leave the pits, you can use the view to look back, you can see other cars, fair enough if you time it wrong and almost hit another car you could get a penalty, maybe if you are within a certain distance of the AI.</LI>
<LI>Secondly a weather&nbsp;radar pre-race so you will know when to expect rain, whether to try an undercut or stay out and trust that the rain will stop soon so you can benefit, this mixed with reliable&nbsp;weather information from the race engineer could really enhance the dynamic weather tactics instead of the race engineer telling you what the weather is like at the present you want to know what it is looking like for the near future.</LI>
<LI>Thirdly they could provide more information from the race engineer e.g. for the race when somebody else pits and you stay out he could say "you're losing quite a lot of time staying out, it would be good pitting sooner to be sure of getting yourself out ahead" information like this will be important seeing as the timer in the top left only goes up to about 12 seconds which brings me to my next point.</LI>
<LI>Because the timer only goes up to 12 seconds(for people behind you), when you're in a battle with other people, you want to know A)how far they are behind and B)the approx time for a pitstop on that particular circuit therefore when they pit you could see if they are gaining/losing on you before you pit, this could be solved by simply an option on the menu which enables a different timing menu, so instead of saying who is&nbsp;0-12 seconds behind you it could accurately say how far they are behind you after every time they finish the sector, this is in games like Forza. to expand on this idea in single player you could pause the game mid-race and choose a rival or something like that and it says their time compared to yours e.g. if you're in&nbsp;2nd and you're battling for the lead with&nbsp;4 other people, 1 person pits and the other&nbsp;3 people stay out, because the menu only shows 3 cars behind you, the person who pits is completely invisible to you, they could be gaining 2 seconds a lap and you wouldn't know, so setting a rival would update his time compared to you and keep tabs on his performance and threat, this rival feature could be put in the centre of the top of the screen because there is not much there and is in a position where you can see it clearly, you could always move its position or disable it.</LI>
<LI>out of the points i have raised i could expand on them and go on about them for hours, especially about more information mostly from the hud and race engineer, but i do not have time, these are what i believe to be the most important things to be added into the game, thinking about it know they need to add more&nbsp;emphasis on pitstops, maybe practice sessions,&nbsp;like in TT or something where you could do practice pitstops and things like that. anyway i don't want to stray off topic but there&nbsp;are&nbsp;many things that&nbsp;people have&nbsp;been asking for which are simply too hard to enforce, primarily the safety car, this would only encourage idiots trying to make safety car situations and hitting&nbsp;it off to show off to their friends,&nbsp;one of the other things people have requested is a formation lap, this along with the safety car would be&nbsp;great add-ons to the game but both of these things would be hard to incorporate into the game, without people being *******s and trying to hit people off&nbsp;before the race.&nbsp;</LI></UL>

It is weird to see the pilots always in the same teams during career mode and when we take the place of someone in another team, he simply disappears. It would be more realistic if the pilots swamped teams and the bigger names keep racing, also... doesn't Michael Schumacher ever retire in career mode? Or even Webber and Barrichello... I also don't enjoy winning the championship driving for Mercedes and then be sacked in the end of the year just because I don't have the required reputation.

Edit: I would love to be possible to make a carrer longer than 7 years.

Well, besides that what's confirmed like better AI, physics
- Drivers changing teams each seasons and go to retirement (In place of them current test drivers or fantasy drivers like in FIFA or NBA games when you can draft/scout completly new player to your team)
- SC in offline race modes
- corrected reputation points system
- Nicely done Buddh Circuit (Indian GP)

You all want drivers to switch teams. As much as I would like to do that like I can do it in let's say SmackDown Vs. Raw 2011. (switch wrestlers to another brand if I want or make them legends) it's always the licensing problem. Codemasters can't just do what they want, they have an agreement with Formula 1 and if they say that they can't put KERS for example in the game they are not gonna do it.

Again, yes, it would be much more fun but at the end it's always what the papers say.

Not sure if its been said yet. But i would like total control on a race day. Meaning, i want to drive out the pits, do my warmup lap, go stop and wait on the grid. Then it can show you the entire grid etc. All the mechanics leave and you do your official warmup lap before the start of the race. Also seems to not be much control in the pits. I want to drive in and out myself, not just get told to brake etc. After the race i want to do my slow down lap and go stop in parc ferme. I helps with the total experience. Small changes can go a long way in improving it

Not sure if its been said yet. But i would like total control on a race day. Meaning, i want to drive out the pits, do my warmup lap, go stop and wait on the grid. Then it can show you the entire grid etc. All the mechanics leave and you do your official warmup lap before the start of the race. Also seems to not be much control in the pits. I want to drive in and out myself, not just get told to brake etc. After the race i want to do my slow down lap and go stop in parc ferme. I helps with the total experience. Small changes can go a long way in improving it

Codemasters confirmed that there will be no warm-up/formation lap in the game, however they're working on it for 2012.

There will be parc ferme celebrations.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing