Is there anyway to hide the > cursor?

Shot of my settings in CM if it helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-22 08.48.12.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-22 08.48.12.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 53
Esotic updated Esotic's Just for Chat with a new update entry:

read only mode, IP INIs, and multiple JfC#.ini files

In the INI there is now a "readonly" option, which really just hides the > cursor and tries to use all the available space for reading messages as opposed to saving a row at the bottom for entering messages. The cursor/entry area is technically still there, it's just mostly hidden. If you click onto the window you'll see the cursor blinking, so if you don't want to see that keep your cursor somewhere else.

You can now have IP specific INI files, so something like 195_201_111_112.ini, that...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,

I can't get this new version to work. It appears well in the interface (AC and CM) but not in game.
Tried the usual stuff, activated it first in AC, activated without the other apps, removed all the other apps, generated a new python.ini file, nothing worked...

Hi,

I can't get this new version to work. It appears well in the interface (AC and CM) but not in game.
Tried the usual stuff, activated it first in AC, activated without the other apps, removed all the other apps, generated a new python.ini file, nothing worked...
Thanks for the heads up, I'll try this version as a fresh install to see what I find.

Just for the record, you can always go back in the app history and install a previous version while I figure out what's causing the new version to not load.

I just tested a fresh install from the latest JfC V1.13 download and had no issues with it showing up and working, with or without the new CM/SP App Tray. If you are having trouble can you try removing whatever JfC is currently installed and try a fresh JfC copy? If that doesn't work I'll need to see a py_log.txt file to try and decipher why it's not working.

It does the trick!
Loading and working fine.

And silly me, i just discovered the admin function, nice add. No more need for the old admin tool app.
Thanks again for this little gem.

@Esotic Is it possible to get an acoustic signal, if a specific chat phrase is output?

Example as specific use case: At (rolling) race start in our league a "Go Go Go" chat message will be sent from the server. It's difficult to keep your eyes on the track and the cars in front, while also checking the chat at the same time. Especially in VR. An acoustic hint would be very useful.

Or in other words: If chat message = 'Go Go Go' then play soundfile ;)

@Esotic Is it possible to get an acoustic signal, if a specific chat phrase is output?

Example as specific use case: At (rolling) race start in our league a "Go Go Go" chat message will be sent from the server. It's difficult to keep your eyes on the track and the cars in front, while also checking the chat at the same time. Especially in VR. An acoustic hint would be very useful.

Or in other words: If chat message = 'Go Go Go' then play soundfile ;)

Crew Chief have that acoustic feedback. you can tell CC that you are doing a rolling start and he will tell you to get back in your position if you break formation and then yell GO GO GO..

Crew Chief have that acoustic feedback. you can tell CC that you are doing a rolling start and he will tell you to get back in your position if you break formation and then yell GO GO GO..
But we're don't do a default AC rolling start in our league. It's a standing start, where the polesetter dictates the speed manually. After 1 lap the server sends a "Go Go Go" via chat. That's the start signal for all drivers.

@Frank Lehmann are you using my fuel usage mod?

I have a test version of that app that does include sound files for things like rolling starts, pace cars, etc. Wiring some chat messages to play those sound files would be fairly straight forward.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.