Esotic's Just for Chat

Apps Esotic's Just for Chat V1.14

Login or Register an account to download this content
Esotic submitted a new resource:

Just for Chat - This chat app filters out Pit Lane Penalty message from the chat stream

Demo Video is here:

This is based on the Chat app provided by Kunos. It's mainly meant to filter out Pit Lane Penalty message from the chat stream being sent out by the server. I'm pretty sure that other apps will start to use chat messaging for sending data to and receiving data from the server, and this is an attempt to help those of us talking with each other a way to filter out those automated messages.

If there are features you'd like added please...

Read more about this resource...

@Green-Promise I think adding some canned messages is a good idea. May try to find a way to make these customizable. Some buttons on the screen and maybe one or two that can be fired off with a hotkey mapped to your wheel. I'd personally like to have some speech recognition so it could detect a few key phrases like "sorry", "thanks", "good race", etc. I have no idea if that's even possible with python in AC, but I'll do some investigating.

Thanks for this app. Is it possible to scale the chat window and/or the font? It's taking too much screen size for my liking. I'd like to have it a little bit smaller.
Thanks in advance.

Very good idea, PLP messages for exemple can be very annoying sometimes. But i keep my modified version of Mini Chat, because like Frank said, it's huge on a 27' screen.

But if you add options to change the size of the windows and font, then i can forget Mini Chat without regret.

Last edited:
Esotic updated Esotic's Just for Chat with a new update entry:

INI options for changing app dimensions

From the INI, which shows defaults and options I used for testing:

;Default AppWidth is 700. Change this value to make width larger/smaller.
;Default AppHeight is 400. Change this value to make height larger/smaller.
;HideIcon = 1 hides AC icon, 0 shows it.
;Default RowCount = 0, and app will autocalculate rows. You can force the RowCount setting this to any value greater than 0.
;Default backgroundOpacity is 0.6, but you can set it anywhere from 0.0 (transparent) to 1.0 (fully opaque)....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks @Papifix for the info on Courtesy:
Http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/courtesy-hotkey-chat-app.22479/

@Green-Promise
Just tried it out and it works pretty well. For the time being it's not a bad option for folks that want to fire off some quick messages. At some point I'm hoping to integrate some of that logic into JfC, just not sure how quickly that will happen. I need to prioritize everything on the 33 pages of my ToDo list. :p

Cheers,

Esotic
Nice to hear that its working. :) Take your time, Ive been waiting for an app like this for a couple of years so I have no issues waiting a little bit longer. :) Thanks

@Papifix
Answer to your post in the review section.
I know about that app but with it I need to sacrifice a couple of buttons on my wheel. But thanks anyway. :)

@Mumaransa Please note the V1.2 should contain a fix for the background opacity bug you reported.
Cheers,
Esotic

Wow, that was fast, thank you!

Is there a way to modify the color of the text input area? Against a dark background like in cockpit view, the grey really stands out even with the lowest opacity (0.1). I would like to keep the red color when typing but to have the same transparent black like the rest of the window on normal behavior (the frame is fine).

Sorry for being picky, but i really like the clean and simple look of Mini Chat.

Last edited:
Is there a way to modify the color of the text input area?

This sounds doable. I always ask for feedback and suggestions cuz there's no way I'd think of all the relevant adjustments and options that an app could benefit from. I may be the coder, but many good ideas that have gone into my apps were feature requests. :)

I will try and get this into the next release (no guarantees on when that will be posted).

Cheers,

Esotic

@Mumaransa I got the MiniChat style worked out on the text entry box, thanks for the download link. I have a few more things to fix/update and should have a new release posted in the next day or two. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back