Esotic's Just for Chat

Apps Esotic's Just for Chat V1.14

Login or Register an account to download this content
Rowcount is a value for the chat window iirc, that has been there before the Bang got the rows added, so that are two different things.

I think rowcount is about how many messages are allowed in the chat window.

Ahhhhhhh :) RTFM ;) Its all there....... :D

@Nocturne I just tried the JfC V1.9 with the latest AC and had no issues getting an online session to load or sending messages. Are you using the default INI, or have you made changes? Feel free to send me your log.txt and py_log.txt for me to investigate.

Thanks,

Esotic

I was just testing VR (using RiftCat) with the INI in the V1.8 and V1.9 zips (they are the same) and I had no issues with AC crashing or the JfC and/or Bang! loading improperly. I did discover a bug where the Bang! fonts weren't scaling properly, but that was purely a cosmetic issue.
I'm having same prob as Mr Chip. Just downloaded V1.9 works great vanilla but change one character in .ini file and launcher crashes every time. Esotic, did you find a cause for this? It is not a syntax error.

I'm having same prob as Mr Chip. Just downloaded V1.9 works great vanilla but change one character in .ini file and launcher crashes every time. Esotic, did you find a cause for this? It is not a syntax error.
I was not able to recreate this issue on my end. Is this happening in VR, single monitor, or triples?

Hey Esotic,
I'm using V1.9 of your app and wanted it to be smaller. But it keeps crashing after I changed the appheight and width in your ini file. Even if i reenter the original values. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the quick reply. I installed it again and it worked without changing any values. But after i adjusted the appscaling value to 0.8 it did not work anymore.
I've not had any issues with JfC loading into a session after changing the appScaling in the INI, but I did realize that appScaling doesn't work very well, as the font on all the buttons and a few other things are not scaling properly. :p

I assume there will be an update at some point after more testing. If you can post up or PM me your "My Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt" file that may help to determine what's happening. Or maybe PM/post your JfC.ini?

I do know that since this app has been released folks have reported issues with JfC not working after they change (just about anything in) the INI, but I've not been able to recreate the issue on my PC. I suppose it could have something to do with ASCII vs Unicode, foreign language support, or some other character getting in the INI and confusing the configparser code that reads it.

Thanks for the quick reply. I installed it again and it worked without changing any values. But after i adjusted the appscaling value to 0.8 it did not work anymore.

How are you editing the App Settings? Are you using a text editor? Have you tried using the new App Settings menu in Content Manager (shown below)?

CM_AppSettings.png

Hi Esotic
Awesome app, but I have the same problem as others: Even if I just delete a single character, something goes wrong and the game crashes when trying to enter a race. Can I send you my log for you to examine it?
Thank you

Hi Esotic
Awesome app, but I have the same problem as others: Even if I just delete a single character, something goes wrong and the game crashes when trying to enter a race. Can I send you my log for you to examine it?
Thank you
I would like the log and the JfC.ini from anyone that's experiencing crashing.

Esotic updated Esotic's Just for Chat with a new update entry:

utf-8-bom configparser bug fix

Much thanks to @trucidatio for sending me a JfC.ini that I could use to recreate the problem where editing the JfC.ini would result in AC crashing. This appears to be related to an incompatibility with the config parser and some UTF-8 file formats. I'm not sure if this fix will resolve the issue for everyone, so if JfC is still crashing AC when you try to edit the INI please let me know, and send me a copy of your INI so I can test with it. :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years