Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ! I already seen that, looks like the windows fall update have been a bit aggressive with the installed drivers ( Microsoft :roflmao: ...)

You need to reinstall the drivers, Here is the how-to,
http://wiki.seeed.cc/Download_Arduino_and_install_Arduino_driver/

Instead of downloading again the whole arduino package you can look here when the drivers are requested in the how-to : C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\Arduino\ArduinoIDE\arduino-1.6.13\drivers\FTDI USB Drivers

ok thank you! also i unplugged my nextion, swapped usb cord and it somehow finally connected under COM4 instead of the COM3 that it was connecting under. Makes sense because my Nextion display is currently connected to COM3 so that was probably causing the conflict.

thank you for a wonderful product, i just made a donation to you

can I assign a button on my wheel to change the dash screens .
If it's possible, how.
is there a docs folder with this info.
TIA
For sure !

Go into controls and events, then controls (it should be already shown), finally new mapping :
Search for the GraphicalDashPlugin actions :
upload_2017-11-10_23-3-34.png

Hi there!
I've just downloaded and installed SimHub and first of all allow me to say thank you to the author for creating this awesome app. I have something to ask though. I would have loved to read this whole thread but I don't have much time unfortunately so forgive me if the solutions are already listed somewhere and I missed them.

I'm mostly interested in using the app in conjunction with the newly released overlay for rF2. I have downloaded and installed that too. It works fine, however I get very bad framerate on the HUD (game is fine though).

The only way I found to get a somewhat better experience is to enable GPU Sync in rF2's launcher. That wouldn't be a problem if it didn't cause microstutters in-game, but as it is working now I don't know if I would be able to use SimHub while racing.

I'm running a 144hz, G-Sync, 4ms response time monitor so I wanted to ask you these two things:

Is there any way to bring the refresh rate of the app to 144fps?
Is there a fix for the low framerate when not using the GPU Sync? Just to specify: I have donated and activated the license so it's not a matter of the trial version being limited to 10 fps, even though it feels exactly the same!

Thank you again for your hard work, I hope to be able to enjoy the best experience I can with your app ASAP.

One thing I forgot to add: as long as I'm in the garage the HUD is super smooth, when I hit race it starts to drop frames

Last edited:
Hi there!
I've just downloaded and installed SimHub and first of all allow me to say thank you to the author for creating this awesome app. I have something to ask though. I would have loved to read this whole thread but I don't have much time unfortunately so forgive me if the solutions are already listed somewhere and I missed them.

I'm mostly interested in using the app in conjunction with the newly released overlay for rF2. I have downloaded and installed that too. It works fine, however I get very bad framerate on the HUD (game is fine though).

The only way I found to get a somewhat better experience is to enable GPU Sync in rF2's launcher. That wouldn't be a problem if it didn't cause microstutters in-game, but as it is working now I don't know if I would be able to use SimHub while racing.

I'm running a 144hz, G-Sync, 4ms response time monitor so I wanted to ask you these two things:

Is there any way to bring the refresh rate of the app to 144fps?
Is there a fix for the low framerate when not using the GPU Sync? Just to specify: I have donated and activated the license so it's not a matter of the trial version being limited to 10 fps, even though it feels exactly the same!

Thank you again for your hard work, I hope to be able to enjoy the best experience I can with your app ASAP.

One thing I forgot to add: as long as I'm in the garage the HUD is super smooth, when I hit race it starts to drop frames

Hi ! The rf2 overlay released recently is definitely an extreme (really extreme) use case. The problem with no vsync is that the game runs at full capacity and does not leave any possibilities for the dash to refresh.

I've designed the overlays feature for the use of small little overlays. And with this setup it should run much better. you have a save and restore layout buttons in order to save your current overlays positions. So basically instead of having a single big overlay it's much better to have multiple smaller overlays.

The difference between a big overlay versus multiple smaller overlays is huge because windows must merge whole game and overlays pictures, even when totally transparent.

Hi ! The rf2 overlay released recently is definitely an extreme (really extreme) use case. The problem with no vsync is that the game runs at full capacity and does not leave any possibilities for the dash to refresh.

I've designed the overlays feature for the use of small little overlays. And with this setup it should run much better. you have a save and restore layout buttons in order to save your current overlays positions. So basically instead of having a single big overlay it's much better to have multiple smaller overlays.

The difference between a big overlay versus multiple smaller overlays is huge because windows must merge whole game and overlays pictures, even when totally transparent.

Hi Wotever,
Is it possible to strip rF2 Overlay down to smaller overlays and how would one go about this ?
This because of the 3-4 second delay when a button is pressed and data is a bit behind.
Lastly, is VSync recommended or not ?
Thanks for your time, Simhub is quite remarkable :)

Hi Wotever,
Is it possible to strip rF2 Overlay down to smaller overlays and how would one go about this ?
This because of the 3-4 second delay when a button is pressed and data is a bit behind.
Lastly, is VSync recommended or not ?
Thanks for your time, Simhub is quite remarkable :)
vsync is definitely suggested to make boths softwares (game and simhub) find a right balance
To strip the dash in multiple smaller dash simply create a folder per widget and ensure the name of the folder is the same than the widget file. Simhub will then recognise it as a separate dash.

Hey!
Great project!!!
I've got one question:

Does it support / or /Will it support CANbus shield and canbus protocols?

I'm building a cockpit based on Ford Mondeo MK3's dashboard(with all buttons, cluster etc.), where most of panel's parts(like tacho, speedo, some of dash led's like check engine) are driven by Canbus messages.
Only fuel level, light(low and high beam) & turn indicators aren't controlled by bus.
I'd mainly use this cockpit with ETS2.
I'm sorry, if I did mistakes(English isn't my native language).

vsync is definitely suggested to make boths softwares (game and simhub) find a right balance
To strip the dash in multiple smaller dash simply create a folder per widget and ensure the name of the folder is the same than the widget file. Simhub will then recognise it as a separate dash.
Thanks, will give it a try, basically only need the central hud

Hey!
Great project!!!
I've got one question:

Does it support / or /Will it support CANbus shield and canbus protocols?

I'm building a cockpit based on Ford Mondeo MK3's dashboard(with all buttons, cluster etc.), where most of panel's parts(like tacho, speedo, some of dash led's like check engine) are driven by Canbus messages.
Only fuel level, light(low and high beam) & turn indicators aren't controlled by bus.
I'd mainly use this cockpit with ETS2.
I'm sorry, if I did mistakes(English isn't my native language).

Hi ! Canbus is definitely very specific for a stock support, however if you're confident with arduino, Simhub offers a basic "custom protocol" support which should be enough to support this kind of dash : https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/Custom-Arduino-hardware-support

quick question, if I lower the UDP value from what it is now (8) what would happen to the LED rev lights? would the data coming to update the LED's slow down? I wonder if that would help with the disparity I'm getting between the in game dash and the LED display.

quick question, if I lower the UDP value from what it is now (8) what would happen to the LED rev lights? would the data coming to update the LED's slow down? I wonder if that would help with the disparity I'm getting between the in game dash and the LED display.
UDP is only used by simhub for some opponents data missing of shared memory, shared memory is updated one time per graphics frame and simhub reads it at about 60fps so it would not change anything. I really think it's a matter of " mapping " and that the game dash and simhub does not display the exact same thing.

Hi, thank you for the reply!
I tried to do the folder thing but I'm not sure that I understood exactly how I was supposed to do it. I went into the dash editor and clicked on the folder icon and put one widget in each of them. I also renamed them as the widgets but didn't see any improvements.

One thing I've noticed is that when the AI is driving in rF2 the Dash runs flawlessly and super smooth. As soon as I take control of the car the dash starts stuttering heavily with no v-sync on, and quite noticeably with GPU Sync enabled (not as bad though).

Also I noticed that GPU Sync really kills the performance. With any other sync option (off included) I get constantly >90fps but when I enable the GPU Sync the framerate goes down even to 51fps in some cases. I tried other rF2 sync options but they didn't make a difference regarding the smoothness of the dash.

Did I mess up with the creation of the folders?

Last edited:
Hi, thank you for the reply!
I tried to do the folder thing but I'm not sure that I understood exactly how I was supposed to do it. I went into the dash editor and clicked on the folder icon and put one widget in each of them. I also renamed them as the widgets but didn't see any improvements.

One thing I've noticed is that when the AI is driving in rF2 the Dash runs flawlessly and super smooth. As soon as I take control of the car the dash starts stuttering heavily with no v-sync on, and quite noticeably with GPU Sync enabled (not as bad though).

Also I noticed that GPU Sync really kills the performance. With any other sync option (off included) I get constantly >90fps but when I enable the GPU Sync the framerate goes down even to 51fps in some cases. I tried other rF2 sync options but they didn't make a difference regarding the smoothness of the dash.

Did I mess up with the creation of the folders? Also the same overlay runs pretty well in Assetto Corsa, so I can't really understand what is it with rF2 that doesn't want to work as it should :cautious:
I'm on build 1109 in DX11.
I may have a dumb idea ;( sorry I'm at work so I can't test, but opponents are not refreshed so often than live player. Could you simply try to raise the game reading latency to something like 50ms or a bit more, I guess it will throttle a bit better the load.

I may have a dumb idea ;( sorry I'm at work so I can't test, but opponents are not refreshed so often than live player. Could you simply try to raise the game reading latency to something like 50ms or a bit more, I guess it will throttle a bit better the load.

I tried that but didn't see a difference :(
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Hello!
Thank you for an fantastic "little" software! :)
I was wondering if there are more HMI dashes than the ones under NextionTemplate?
This are good, just wondering if there might be more, somewhere i can download that would work with Simhub? :)

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 58 34.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 95 55.9%