Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL yah I messed up; typical user error problem. I was looking around and found the text that said "make sure simhub is closed"

On another note, i'm noticing that my LED rev lights are not matching that of the in game dash rev counter. Seems like my LED lights are hitting the top sooner than the in game indicator this is especially noticeable in 5th gear on the 911R

It depends of the game, however the leds are using the RPM reported by the game (it can depends of the settings too) but my default settings uses the maxrpm reported by the game, while game dash have adaptions and some various addicionnal. So I can't assure it's a perfect match compared to the game. (some in game car dash will reach the last led earlier, some later, some will not have a linear progression like some f1). But at least it should be conform to the data the game gives.
What game and dash are you using ? Some dash moreover on the nextion templates from BuToNz have been made to match the in game dash (pcars1 taken as reference) , He has taken a massive amount of time to match it, but it will not adapt itself to another car/game :D

Hi! Is normal that using "analogic" dashboard (ex Ferrari F40) there's a out of sync (lag)? With Digital no problem. I use Pc and Tablet (or Smartphone) by browser. If use "windowed" the problem go away.
Can I solved this "problem" with a second little monitor (without passing by wifi?). Thanks.

Hi !

This is very strange, I've checked David F40 dash, it uses a "smoothed" rpm (which will reproduce the latency of a real car tach) But it should not change between desktop and mobile, computations are the same. I'm testing it right now on a "cheap but not too cheap" (80€ tablet) i bought specially for Simhub testings with no troubles. And personally I only uses android tablet now, some heavy dash built before dash studio mobile version came out are definitely too heavy for it, but most of the dash works with no troubles. Does your wifi is strong enough ?

Obviously a little additional monitor will give you a perfect result bypassing any tablet/phone hardware limitations. The mobile devices is a really an unequal world, some recent hardware won't be correct while some older one will still work fine (I also use as a low spec test device a 2012 nexus 7 which still perform great with SimHub compared to the age).

Which hardware and game are you using ? the F40 dash is a simple dash and should perform well, maybe there is something else to find as the root cause of your problem ;)

Hi I recently pick up a waveshare 5" LCD B touch screen for a dash panel.
It's as simple as plug and play with your App in AC works great thanks.
also works well for AMS and dirt rally.
But when I try to use it with race room everything sets up correctly but as soon
as the track loads your dash App minimizes to the task bar.
Pcars also minimizes the App on game launch.
The issue is likely on my end but I'm hoping someone has the answer.
Any help would appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi Wotever!
In the Arduino tool, there's a line that says that I can cascade multiple max7219 devices. Does this include the 8x8 matrix? I mean let's say i have five max7219 seven-segment displays and one max7219 matrix, can i do that with the matrix in the middle? Or does the matrix need its own set of pins on the Arduino?

Something like this:
Arduino > 7seg > 7seg > matrix > 7seg > 7seg > 7seg

Also, is six the absolute maximum number of max7219 devices SimHub can take? Does this include the matrix?

My parts will arrive next week, so I'm excited and i want to be ready!

Thanks!

Hi I recently pick up a waveshare 5" LCD B touch screen for a dash panel.
It's as simple as plug and play with your App in AC works great thanks.
also works well for AMS and dirt rally.
But when I try to use it with race room everything sets up correctly but as soon
as the track loads your dash App minimizes to the task bar.
Pcars also minimizes the App on game launch.
The issue is likely on my end but I'm hoping someone has the answer.
Any help would appreciated.

Hi ! It think its not minimizing but more a "move", I guess you are using a different resolution in game than your windows resolution. Yo have two ways to fix this :
- Match windows and game resolutions
- Reorganize your screen layout to avoid moves :
This is actually a layout who will move the things if the resolution change :
upload_2017-11-8_7-25-2.png

These ones should avoid it :
upload_2017-11-8_7-25-26.png

upload_2017-11-8_7-25-40.png

The "zero" reference point is defined by the top left corner primary screen.

Hi Wotever!
In the Arduino tool, there's a line that says that I can cascade multiple max7219 devices. Does this include the 8x8 matrix? I mean let's say i have five max7219 seven-segment displays and one max7219 matrix, can i do that with the matrix in the middle? Or does the matrix need its own set of pins on the Arduino?

Something like this:
Arduino > 7seg > 7seg > matrix > 7seg > 7seg > 7seg

Also, is six the absolute maximum number of max7219 devices SimHub can take? Does this include the matrix?

My parts will arrive next week, so I'm excited and i want to be ready!

Thanks!

Matrix and 7 segments uses two separate data channels in my sketch. On the strict hardware point of view they could be cascaded, but my sketch does not supports it, you need to use a separate data line for the matrix, it's intended for the configuration "simplicity", having the matrix cascaded would add some configuration extra steps and potential errors.

Also take care of the cheap chinese max7219, it often happens that when you cascade them there is a huge voltage drop module after module, making it non working after the second module. The trick is to always take the 5v and gnd from the arduino board for all the modules.

Concerning how many modules you can plug , there is no limit in theory, however you must take care the power consumption, and use a power source (see powering considerations here : https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/Arduino--Setup) I've not measured the power consumption of these modules but I think 5 or 6 should just work fine.

Matrix and 7 segments uses two separate data channels in my sketch. On the strict hardware point of view they could be cascaded, but my sketch does not supports it, you need to use a separate data line for the matrix, it's intended for the configuration "simplicity", having the matrix cascaded would add some configuration extra steps and potential errors.

Also take care of the cheap chinese max7219, it often happens that when you cascade them there is a huge voltage drop module after module, making it non working after the second module. The trick is to always take the 5v and gnd from the arduino board for all the modules.

Concerning how many modules you can plug , there is no limit in theory, however you must take care the power consumption, and use a power source (see powering considerations here : https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/Arduino--Setup) I've not measured the power consumption of these modules but I think 5 or 6 should just work fine.

So ACC GND in parallel and LOAD CLOCK DIN in series? Got it! Can the matrix and 7seg share the same pins for CLOCK and LOAD or do they have to be separate like the Data pin?

Thanks mate. Can't wait to build

Has anyone here built a setup with different colored max7219 seven-segment displays? All i see is red. I want to try white, blue, and green. I assume everything should be the same yea?

I'm using the 911 GT3R dash on the Nextion display. That seems to match the rev LED's it's the dash in the game that doesn't match, I can just ignore the in game dash and try not to look at it. This is for PC2 driving the 911 GT3R

Hello,

Thank you for your great job Wotever.

I would like to know if I turn the TM1638 (180°) is there an option on SimHub to reverse the display in order to have the leds in the good direction at the top and the display at the bottom correctly?

Hello,

I would like to know if I turn the TM1638 (180°) is there an option on SimHub to reverse the display in order to have the leds in the good direction at the top and the display at the bottom correctly?

Hi mate. I'm not Wotever, but yea you can. Just go to Displays & Alerts, then tick the box that says Reverse Display

Hi ! It think its not minimizing but more a "move", I guess you are using a different resolution in game than your windows resolution. Yo have two ways to fix this :
- Match windows and game resolutions
- Reorganize your screen layout to avoid moves :
This is actually a layout who will move the things if the resolution change :
View attachment 221008

These ones should avoid it :
View attachment 221009
View attachment 221010

The "zero" reference point is defined by the top left corner primary screen.

Thanks Wotever
The option of relocating the screen fixed it.
Great little app thanks again.

Hello,

You can also change the direction of the leds, by inverting the numbers in "LedLayoutEditor"

Hi !

This is very strange, I've checked David F40 dash, it uses a "smoothed" rpm (which will reproduce the latency of a real car tach) But it should not change between desktop and mobile, computations are the same. I'm testing it right now on a "cheap but not too cheap" (80€ tablet) i bought specially for Simhub testings with no troubles. And personally I only uses android tablet now, some heavy dash built before dash studio mobile version came out are definitely too heavy for it, but most of the dash works with no troubles. Does your wifi is strong enough ?

Obviously a little additional monitor will give you a perfect result bypassing any tablet/phone hardware limitations. The mobile devices is a really an unequal world, some recent hardware won't be correct while some older one will still work fine (I also use as a low spec test device a 2012 nexus 7 which still perform great with SimHub compared to the age).

Which hardware and game are you using ? the F40 dash is a simple dash and should perform well, maybe there is something else to find as the root cause of your problem ;)
Thank you very much for the support. Probably the "problem" is WiFi but now I've buyed a small second monitor for Pc! :D

i just had my win 10 feature update my arduino nano lost the LED Rev profile and now when i try to reupload it's telling me it failed.
Hi ! I already seen that, looks like the windows fall update have been a bit aggressive with the installed drivers ( Microsoft :roflmao: ...)

You need to reinstall the drivers, Here is the how-to,
http://wiki.seeed.cc/Download_Arduino_and_install_Arduino_driver/

Instead of downloading again the whole arduino package you can look here when the drivers are requested in the how-to : C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\Arduino\ArduinoIDE\arduino-1.6.13\drivers\FTDI USB Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 418 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 262 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 284 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.9%
Back