Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Wotever for your great work! I have a question, I hope you can help me. Is it possible increase the number of buttons available (in the first post you write maximum n.8 units) and add some rotary encoders?
Thanks

Thanks @Wotever for your great work! I have a question, I hope you can help me. Is it possible increase the number of buttons available (in the first post you write maximum n.8 units) and add some rotary encoders?
Thanks

Hi !
For the buttons, you can edit the sketch and add new buttons,

Here an example to add the 9'th button :
Code:
// ----------------------- ADDITIONAL BUTTONS ---------------------------------------------------------------
// https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/InputPullupSerial
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
int ENABLED_BUTTONS_COUNT = 1; //{"Group":"ADDITIONAL BUTTONS","Name":"ENABLED_BUTTONS_COUNT","Title":"Additional buttons (directly connected to the arduino) buttons count\r\n0 = disabled, >0  = enabled","DefaultValue":"0","Type":"integer","Template":"int ENABLED_BUTTONS_COUNT = {0};"}
int BUTTON_PIN_1 = 3; //{"Group":"ADDITIONAL BUTTONS","Name":"BUTTON_PIN_1","Title":"1'st Additional button digital pin","DefaultValue":"3","Type":"integer","Template":"int BUTTON_PIN_1 = {0};","Condition":"ENABLED_BUTTONS_COUNT>=1"}
int BUTTON_PIN_2 = 3; //{"Group":"ADDITIONAL BUTTONS","Name":"BUTTON_PIN_2","Title":"2'nd Additional button digital pin","DefaultValue":"3","Type":"integer","Template":"int BUTTON_PIN_2 = {0};","Condition":"ENABLED_BUTTONS_COUNT>=2"}
int BUTTON_PIN_3 = 3; //{"Group":"ADDITIONAL BUTTONS","Name":"BUTTON_PIN_3","Title":"3'rd Additional button digital pin","DefaultValue":"3","Type":"integer","Template":"int BUTTON_PIN_3 = {0};","Condition":"ENABLED_BUTTONS_COUNT>=3"}
int BUTTON_PIN_4 = 3; //{"Group":"ADDITIONAL BUTTONS","Name":"BUTTON_PIN_4","Title":"4'th Additional button digital pin","DefaultValue":"3","Type":"integer","Template":"int BUTTON_PIN_4 = {0};","Condition":"ENABLED_BUTTONS_COUNT>=4"}
int BUTTON_PIN_5 = 3; //{"Group":"ADDITIONAL BUTTONS","Name":"BUTTON_PIN_5","Title":"5'th Additional button digital pin","DefaultValue":"3","Type":"integer","Template":"int BUTTON_PIN_5 = {0};","Condition":"ENABLED_BUTTONS_COUNT>=5"}
int BUTTON_PIN_6 = 3; //{"Group":"ADDITIONAL BUTTONS","Name":"BUTTON_PIN_6","Title":"6'th Additional button digital pin","DefaultValue":"3","Type":"integer","Template":"int BUTTON_PIN_6 = {0};","Condition":"ENABLED_BUTTONS_COUNT>=6"}
int BUTTON_PIN_7 = 3; //{"Group":"ADDITIONAL BUTTONS","Name":"BUTTON_PIN_7","Title":"7'th Additional button digital pin","DefaultValue":"3","Type":"integer","Template":"int BUTTON_PIN_7 = {0};","Condition":"ENABLED_BUTTONS_COUNT>=7"}
int BUTTON_PIN_8 = 3; //{"Group":"ADDITIONAL BUTTONS","Name":"BUTTON_PIN_8","Title":"8'th Additional button digital pin","DefaultValue":"3","Type":"integer","Template":"int BUTTON_PIN_8 = {0};","Condition":"ENABLED_BUTTONS_COUNT>=8"}
int BUTTON_PIN_9 = 3; //{"Group":"ADDITIONAL BUTTONS","Name":"BUTTON_PIN_9","Title":"9'th Additional button digital pin","DefaultValue":"3","Type":"integer","Template":"int BUTTON_PIN_9 = {0};","Condition":"ENABLED_BUTTONS_COUNT>=9"}
int BUTTON_PINS[] = { BUTTON_PIN_1, BUTTON_PIN_2, BUTTON_PIN_3, BUTTON_PIN_4, BUTTON_PIN_5, BUTTON_PIN_6, BUTTON_PIN_7, BUTTON_PIN_8, BUTTON_PIN_9 };

For the rotary encoders, sadly despite my numerous attempts to get them properly working I could not get an accurate result, they are always losing steps, or interfering with the serial port , causing out of sync displays :(

Last edited:
For the rotary encoders, sadly despite my numerous attempts to get them properly working I could not get an accurate result, they are always losing steps, or interfering with the serial port , causing out of sync displays
It’s a shame :(, I could make my new steering wheel completely with simhub.
Keep in fight!

Hello Wotever,

Been doing more testing and dash designing for ETS2... I still miss funbit's telemetry, maybe there are small differences with nlhans' but some crucial ones are missing:
- No time before rest
- No job remaining time
- No in-game time... clearly a missing channel in the nlhans telemetry, the raw time is just a timestamp which gets reset every time you restart the game, he needs to pull in the "absolute time" channel which is missing; no timescale channel either so can't even simulate it
- So no good way to know what's going on about in-game time (am I late? Do I need rest soon?...), all I have is absolute job deadline and navigation time left, useless without in-game time to figure out if I am late or not

Anyway, just a few things you may already have in your backlog about web rendering, to have it match the WPF:
- Rectangular gradient does not work
- Text boxes size do not limit text (i.e. text "overflows" whatever the wrap option)
- Italics doesn't render for me

Merci encore for the high quality software, support and fast release cycle!

Hello Wotever,

Been doing more testing and dash designing for ETS2... I still miss funbit's telemetry, maybe there are small differences with nlhans' but some crucial ones are missing:
- No time before rest
- No job remaining time
- No in-game time... clearly a missing channel in the nlhans telemetry, the raw time is just a timestamp which gets reset every time you restart the game, he needs to pull in the "absolute time" channel which is missing; no timescale channel either so can't even simulate it
- So no good way to know what's going on about in-game time (am I late? Do I need rest soon?...), all I have is absolute job deadline and navigation time left, useless without in-game time to figure out if I am late or not

Anyway, just a few things you may already have in your backlog about web rendering, to have it match the WPF:
- Rectangular gradient does not work
- Text boxes size do not limit text (i.e. text "overflows" whatever the wrap option)
- Italics doesn't render for me

Merci encore for the high quality software, support and fast release cycle!

Hi thanks, for the feedback !
- For the italic, no excuses :D my bad :D , it's fixed for the next release
- The overflow has been a decision, not really wise, in fact the dilemma was on "italic like" fonts, most of the time when it's right aligned there is a little bit which will get cut, it already happens on desktop indeed. I will put again the overflow cut for conformity.

- Rectangular gradients, do you have a specific case to send me ? On my tests it was working, but it's perhaps a particular case I missed.
upload_2017-9-27_19-44-2.png

- For the funbit vs nlhans, i've took a second look, I think I could reconcile our both voices :D. My position was that it was a no-go to change the plugin due to the fact that all the rawdata will get renamed (rawdata is totally related to the plugin data format) , your position : some critical datas are missing compared to funbit plugin. By looking in detail, funbit is a fork of nlhans so they share the same roots, and i think i could enhance the current plumbing to let funbit data enter into the current reader, which would concile our both will ;)

Wow, you are awesome! I've rarely seen such great developer, high quality works and who listens to users and takes into account so many comments and requests to reach a near-perfect product (Aida folks are another team I pay tribute to).

If you can enhance the plugin part that would be so great, I was thinking about taking a look myself but I'm more of a linux/C guy and not sure where to start on Windows...

Thanks for the other fixes. As for gradient I would send you to the same dash as before, you can see a rectangular gradient below the Scania logo on WPF but not on the web renderer: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1bFZC1WPqzvUGtxdEptRkJlUG8?usp=sharing

I didn't mention some minor alignment differences on text in boxes between Chrome and FF, I guess these minoir glitches are more to be fixed by the browser folks...

Wow, you are awesome! I've rarely seen such great developer, high quality works and who listens to users and takes into account so many comments and requests to reach a near-perfect product (Aida folks are another team I pay tribute to).

If you can enhance the plugin part that would be so great, I was thinking about taking a look myself but I'm more of a linux/C guy and not sure where to start on Windows...

Thanks for the other fixes. As for gradient I would send you to the same dash as before, you can see a rectangular gradient below the Scania logo on WPF but not on the web renderer: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1bFZC1WPqzvUGtxdEptRkJlUG8?usp=sharing

I didn't mention some minor alignment differences on text in boxes between Chrome and FF, I guess these minoir glitches are more to be fixed by the browser folks...

I had a hard time but I finally got a good mashup :D

upload_2017-9-27_22-27-39.png

Tu es le meilleur !

Just in case some folks are still wondering about time formats in ETS2, I worked out the following:
  • NavigationTimeLeft is in seconds, a secondstotimespan will convert it to hh:mm:ss format
  • Job.Deadline (as exists in the current 5.4.6 version of SimHub) is in minutes but has a day of month associated to it, you need to multiply by 60 to convert to seconds then do a secondstotimespan to obtain dd.hh:mm, where dd will be the day, do a modulo 7 and 0=Mon, 1=Tue,..., 6=Sun.
  • and you can forget about that Rawdata.Time, it seems to be a timestamp reset upon every game restart.

Thanks Wotever your additional channels will bring all we need to manage game time!

Last edited:
Hi !

Have you checked the troubleshooting guide ?
https://github.com/zegreatclan/Asse...ub-Basics----Games-config-and-troubleshooting
Simhub fully works without license, license only unlocks fast refresh speed and some advanced comfort features.
Goodnight friend. I tried, but I can not connect the simhu with the dirts (4 and rally). I have configuardo the .xml in this way:
DIRT 4:
<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true"/><udp enabled="true" delay="1" port="20777" ip="127.0.0.1" extradata="3"/><custom_udp enabled="true" delay="1" port="20777" ip="127.0.0.1" filename="packet_data.xml"/><fanatec enabled="true" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" pedalVibrationScale="1.0"/>
DIRT RALLY:

<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true"/><udp enabled="true" delay="1" port="20777" ip="127.0.0.1" extradata="3"/><udp enabled="true" delay="1" port="20779" ip="127.0.0.1" extradata="3"/><udp enabled="true" delay="1" port="20778" ip="127.0.0.1" extradata="1"/><fanatec enabled="true" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" pedalVibrationScale="1.0"/>

I can not connect:
upload_2017-9-27_23-11-25.png

Any suggestions?

upload_2017-9-27_23-12-25.png

Hi !

For dirt 4 you config is incorrect ( custom_udp enabled line):
Code:
<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true"/>
<udp enabled="true" delay="1" port="20777" ip="127.0.0.1" extradata="3"/>
<custom_udp enabled="true" delay="1" port="20777" ip="127.0.0.1" filename="packet_data.xml"/>
<fanatec enabled="true" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" pedalVibrationScale="1.0"/>

Should be :
Code:
<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true"/>
<custom_udp enabled="false" delay="1" port="20777" ip="127.0.0.1" filename="packet_data.xml"/>
<fanatec enabled="true" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" pedalVibrationScale="1.0"/>

For dirt Rally it looks legit except the fact you have 3 lines, on my sample I have only two, which I know is working and i don't think I removed a line, probably dirt rally does not supports 3 outputs

try with this, it's my exact config working with simhub :
Code:
<dbox enabled="true"/>
<udp enabled="true" delay="1" port="20779" ip="127.0.0.1" extradata="3"/>

Take care on codemasters, the games will only be recognized when you are in a race.

Hi !

For dirt 4 you config is incorrect ( custom_udp enabled line):
Code:
<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true"/>
<custom_udp enabled="true" delay="1" port="20777" ip="127.0.0.1" filename="packet_data.xml"/>

Should be :
Code:
<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true"/>
<custom_udp enabled="false" delay="1" port="20777" ip="127.0.0.1" filename="packet_data.xml"/>

For dirt Rally it looks legit except the fact you have 3 lines, on my sample I have only two, which I know is working and i don't think I removed a line, probably dirt rally does not supports 3 outputs

try with this, it's my exact config working with simhub :
Code:
<dbox enabled="true"/>
<udp enabled="true" delay="1" port="20779" ip="127.0.0.1" extradata="3"/>

Take care on codemasters, the games will only be recognized when you are in a race.

Good day, dear friend! Thank you so so so much!!. I'll try it shortly and then tell you. I have other lines in dirt rally since I have in addition working the dashmeter pro next to another dash, and from what I understand dirt allows you up to 3 lines or ports. Anyway ..., I'll try it with your code.
A hug, we are in contact.

Hi wotever, I can not make rgb leds work on rfactor 2, am I guessing something? it works on the automobilista and raceroom, I put the plugins in the folder bin 64 and bin 32,sorry my ingles

Hello again,

I seem to be having a strange issue on ETS2 with the dashboards... will work fine when I start the game and drive, but when it pauses either because I pause with F1, or choose a job or similar non-driving actions, the dash will go to idle (which is normal) but it does not resume correctly: sometimes refresh rate seems too slow (like every 1 second instead of 10 ms), or will not refresh at all, once I even had a blank screen as if the simhub server has stopped. Every time in this situation, if I refresh the screen (web browser on tablet) it will resume fine again. Annoying, have you seen this before?

Hello again,

I seem to be having a strange issue on ETS2 with the dashboards... will work fine when I start the game and drive, but when it pauses either because I pause with F1, or choose a job or similar non-driving actions, the dash will go to idle (which is normal) but it does not resume correctly: sometimes refresh rate seems too slow (like every 1 second instead of 10 ms), or will not refresh at all, once I even had a blank screen as if the simhub server has stopped. Every time in this situation, if I refresh the screen (web browser on tablet) it will resume fine again. Annoying, have you seen this before?
I've tried on my side without reproducing it specifically, but this symptom looks like the timedrift protection going mad, try to disable it if you enabled it, :
upload_2017-9-28_23-25-39.png

Another clue would be the tablet going in low power mode when idle, someone already had such symptom in the past, but on this side I can't do much more :( .

In all case i would be interested by the log files after this happens (in the log folder of simhub install) maybe it will give an idea of what is going wrong.

Thanks. Not the timedrift since that is always off, I don't think the tablet goes in low power mode either since even a short pause causes that behaviour... looked at the log files and could not detect anything suspicious (web client connect/disconnected is linked to my refreshing, I guess?).

I'll do some proper observation to try and rule out the tablet and get logs while logging times properly when it happens... tomorrow at the best!

Thanks. Not the timedrift since that is always off, I don't think the tablet goes in low power mode either since even a short pause causes that behaviour... looked at the log files and could not detect anything suspicious (web client connect/disconnected is linked to my refreshing, I guess?).

I'll do some proper observation to try and rule out the tablet and get logs while logging times properly when it happens... tomorrow at the best!
Hum, really strange :O_o:, does it happens too on another device ? Like a phone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes