Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !

For dirt 4 you config is incorrect ( custom_udp enabled line):
Code:
<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true"/>
<udp enabled="true" delay="1" port="20777" ip="127.0.0.1" extradata="3"/>
<custom_udp enabled="true" delay="1" port="20777" ip="127.0.0.1" filename="packet_data.xml"/>
<fanatec enabled="true" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" pedalVibrationScale="1.0"/>

Should be :
Code:
<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true"/>
<custom_udp enabled="false" delay="1" port="20777" ip="127.0.0.1" filename="packet_data.xml"/>
<fanatec enabled="true" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" pedalVibrationScale="1.0"/>

For dirt Rally it looks legit except the fact you have 3 lines, on my sample I have only two, which I know is working and i don't think I removed a line, probably dirt rally does not supports 3 outputs

try with this, it's my exact config working with simhub :
Code:
<dbox enabled="true"/>
<udp enabled="true" delay="1" port="20779" ip="127.0.0.1" extradata="3"/>

Take care on codemasters, the games will only be recognized when you are in a race.

Thank you very much friend!!! I'm very happy!! I could connect it to the end ... I thank the soul! You are a genious!!.
Now go to work to make my rgb leds rpm ... any doubt that surprises me I will consult you.
A huge hug friend !!
From Argentina, Daniel.-

I have some of questions:

Can the codriver indications in Dirt Rally be read by Simhub?

Can I define a condition for a specific element to make it visible for a certain game but not for others or to change its format or value depending on the game running?

I know how to make a button on my steering wheel to change between different dash screens, but how can I make it change a specific group of elements on the same dashboard? Do I have to create a widget? Or would it be easy to duplicate the dash screen, make the modifications to it, and change between them?

Edit: another one: can the track map be displayed in rFactor 2? I can't see it. Do I have to install or configure anything in the game, any plugin?

Last edited:
Hello again,

I seem to be having a strange issue on ETS2 with the dashboards... will work fine when I start the game and drive, but when it pauses either because I pause with F1, or choose a job or similar non-driving actions, the dash will go to idle (which is normal) but it does not resume correctly: sometimes refresh rate seems too slow (like every 1 second instead of 10 ms), or will not refresh at all, once I even had a blank screen as if the simhub server has stopped. Every time in this situation, if I refresh the screen (web browser on tablet) it will resume fine again. Annoying, have you seen this before?

Being doing more testing, simultaneously having WPF client, FF web client on same PC, and Chrome web client on tablet... only the latter freezes at 20:41 (see log in attached pdf, it seems "web client disconnected" is the culprit), if I refresh the page on the browser everything is fine again (done at 20:43). A lot of other apparent errors in the log attached but they don't seem to cause visible issues... Anything suspicious to you?

So I guess the problem is on my side on the tablet then...?

Attachments

• SimHub.pdf
    32.2 KB · Views: 350
Hello Friend!! how do i get this addons for many simhub. I need this skins ... Please. In the folder dashtemplates is not ... I would appreciate if you will give me the download link ... A hug !!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-30-07-47-02.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-30-07-47-02.png
    563.6 KB · Views: 266
Hello Friend!! how do i get this addons for many simhub. I need this skins ... Please. In the folder dashtemplates is not ... I would appreciate if you will give me the download link ... A hug !!

Hi ! It's a nextion template I made, I did not made the the dash studio version if this one.

Hi all, I have a small problem with MAX7219MATRIX the module displays only one line?
I checked the connections three times all is good.
Do you have an idea.
Thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Salut à tous, j'ai un petit problème avec MAX7219MATRIX le module affiche qu'une seul ligne?
j'ai vérifié trois fois les branchements tout est bon.
Avez vous une idée.
Merci

Hi all, I have a small problem with MAX7219MATRIX the module displays only one line?
I checked the connections three times all is good.
Do you have an idea.
Thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Salut à tous, j'ai un petit problème avec MAX7219MATRIX le module affiche qu'une seul ligne?
j'ai vérifié trois fois les branchements tout est bon.
Avez vous une idée.
Merci
Hum hum, weird, I've never seen only one line working, does it looks related to the gear or is it totally random ?

It should definitely work, in the description it's told to be compatible with pc too. (There were old screens which were only working on RPI)

Thanks mate! Time ago you told me about the 7-inch model (B) and I supposed this 5-inch may work, but I thought that will be better to do the question before haha.
Nothing more to say, let's buy it!

I've just made, the dash studio version ;)
Keep it touch it will be bundled with the next version ;)
upload_2017-9-30_19-53-42.png

I bought this one, in 5" for my PC. It's labelled as a different brand but I think it's exactly the same. It works perfectly. Be aware that some of these models come without any casing and you'll have to build one. You have to plug the mini usb and the hdmi. The quality is good. The side viewing angles are good, while the top down angles are so so, but you cannot expect much more for the price. The on/off switch is tiny and on a corner on the back.
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00XVDULES/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Suggestion for Dash Studio: draggable guide lines ala Photoshop. It would help so much with the designs, for placing and aligning elements. Also, shift plus cursor keys to move elements faster or several pixels at once.

Last edited:
I've just made, the dash studio version ;)
Keep it touch it will be bundled with the next version ;)
View attachment 214337
Hello Friend. Thanks for answering. It's beautiful that addons !!. It's that I was looking for !! Very similar to the Motec D 153 used by the Hyundai i20 WRC. I want it!!! And many thanks for your great work !!
For when you will be at the download.Ansious to have it jejejeje !!!!
ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!.
We can use it with SimHub, right?
PD: Sorry for my English and emotion jejeje.-:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I bought this one, in 5" for my PC. It's labelled as a different brand but I think it's exactly the same. It works perfectly. Be aware that some of these models come without any casing and you'll have to build one. You have to plug the mini usb and the hdmi. The quality is good. The side viewing angles are good, while the top down angles are so so, but you cannot expect much more for the price. The on/off switch is tiny and on a corner on the back.
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00XVDULES/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, I saw it but as I knew that Waveshare works well and it's cheaper, I went for it.
My plan is to make this:
908d8cf4cef5d99ce9e226e113f41d96.jpg

6f69107a3faa0c4b412cd05291db6cec.jpg

Can you explain the difference between 1 and 2, and between 3 and 4:

1: [PersistantTrackerPlugin.PreviousLap_00]
2: [DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.LastLapTime]

3: [DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.BestLapTime]
4: [PersistantTrackerPlugin.AllTimeBest]

Any idea why Assetto Corsa is not updating my race position with:
[DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.Position]

Can you provide examples of code for replacing text:

1 replace with -- when the result is null
2 replace with -- when the result is a value, for instance, 5

Can you explain the difference between 1 and 2, and between 3 and 4:

1: [PersistantTrackerPlugin.PreviousLap_00]
2: [DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.LastLapTime]
Simhub stores all the laps you made that's the purpose of the "PersistantTrackerPlugin", PreviousLap_00 is the last lap for the car/track you've made no matter if it was in a previous session, NewData.LastLapTime is directly data given by the game.

3: [DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.BestLapTime]
4: [PersistantTrackerPlugin.AllTimeBest]
That's the same idea ;) but these are not the same data, bestlaptime is the best laptime of the session given by the game, while AllTimeBest is your absolute All Time Best for the track/car recorded by SimHub

Any idea why Assetto Corsa is not updating my race position with:
[DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.Position]
Assetto corsa never gave the data in realtime sadly, the crewchief app should give the realtime data, make sure it's installed.
Can you provide examples of code for replacing text:

1 replace with -- when the result is null
2 replace with -- when the result is a value, for instance, 5

You have multiple ways to do this,
For the "null" you can do it quite easily with the isnull function, all the
An easy case : the value can be used directly when null :

Code:
isnull([PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverBehind_2_Position],'--')

Another a little more complicated,lets replace rpm "0" by a "stalled" text (close to your case "2"):

Code:
if([DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.Rpms]==0,'STALLED',[DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.Rpms])

If somehow you dig into the "rawdata" it's 100% sure you will fall into the null case when changing game, make sure you always use "isnull" to give a default value. In complement you can hide the component if it's not usable in the current game. by checking the currentgame (ie : DataCorePlugin.CurrentGame =='AssettoCorsa' )

Yes, I saw it but as I knew that Waveshare works well and it's cheaper, I went for it.
My plan is to make this:
908d8cf4cef5d99ce9e226e113f41d96.jpg

6f69107a3faa0c4b412cd05291db6cec.jpg

I have that same wheel (T300 Alcantara) and I've been exploring that solution. It can be done easily. The problem is that the space between the base and the wheel is not much and the monitor can obstruct your enthusiastic driving sometimes. Actually I have removed the flappy paddles on my unit just to have more free room there. In real racing cars the dash display is much further away from the steering wheel. The solution would be some way to add extra distance. I think the only available option for that is a quick release + adaptor. Is there any of these on the market that is not terribly expensive and that is easy to install, not requiring electronic abilities and dissasenbling all the wheel? It seems that the quick releases available are made for installing real steering wheels but not for the Thurstmaster wheels. I don't know if I could just add some spacers on the 3 attachments... Finally, another option is to place the screen on the side of the side of the wheel, on a desk mount or something like that. Some real rally drivers have it that way. However, I guess it would not be too practical because it would be a bit out of your sight line.

Testing a possible prototype:
t300-display-test.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements