Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wotever updated SimHub, DIY Sim racing Dash with a new update entry:

Revv or die

What's new ?
- After Market Tachometer support (See wiki for instructions)
GZ06LK.gif

- Dash studio Leader Board component
- Updated "Control Center" to display the leaderboard
View attachment 191793
- Transparent overlay support (only works on games in windowed mode
- Perf tuning (as usual)
- Fix for RF2 plugin reading dirty data

Read the rest of this update entry...

Woops :D Looks like the link has disapeared of the main post :redface: I readd it

https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/Arduino-After-Market-Tach-support

Edit : Nope it was here but even me I could not find it :D I pushed it higher in the main post :D
Thanks for the wiki link, I have a couple of questions, the issue in question 1 has actually has been the same for the last 3 or updates that I know of. It may be me being a novice in Arduino coding ???
1. Line 668 screen->setLED(TM1638_COLOR_NONE, i); constantly comes up with a compile error (basically variable not set). This would cause the LED rev bar to not clear so as soon as the 8th LED is lit they all stayed on until quitting the race. I substituted the line with this code "screen->setLED(LOW, i);" and all worked correctly. I am surprized no one else has picked this up - unless I need to do something else. Anyway it works so I hope this helps other novices like me.
2. I decided to enable the tacho function and with the tacho not connected (on order from eBay) the display went crazy displaying random words FUEL and characters. There are 2 points I need clarifying;
a). The TM1638 uses D7,D8,D9 and according to the wiki the tacho also uses D9 - does the Tacho use the strobe (D9) as well or is this an error. Is this why I get data corruption.
b). Can I use a spare Data output pin or do I have to have a second Nano board for the tacho. If there is a problem with shared outputs (D9) and changing it will work where do I change it in the code.

Again I am a novice with coding and hope my questions are not cementing that statement!!!

Thanks for the wiki link, I have a couple of questions, the issue in question 1 has actually has been the same for the last 3 or updates that I know of. It may be me being a novice in Arduino coding ???
1. Line 668 screen->setLED(TM1638_COLOR_NONE, i); constantly comes up with a compile error (basically variable not set). This would cause the LED rev bar to not clear so as soon as the 8th LED is lit they all stayed on until quitting the race. I substituted the line with this code "screen->setLED(LOW, i);" and all worked correctly. I am surprized no one else has picked this up - unless I need to do something else. Anyway it works so I hope this helps other novices like me.
2. I decided to enable the tacho function and with the tacho not connected (on order from eBay) the display went crazy displaying random words FUEL and characters. There are 2 points I need clarifying;
a). The TM1638 uses D7,D8,D9 and according to the wiki the tacho also uses D9 - does the Tacho use the strobe (D9) as well or is this an error. Is this why I get data corruption.
b). Can I use a spare Data output pin or do I have to have a second Nano board for the tacho. If there is a problem with shared outputs (D9) and changing it will work where do I change it in the code.

Again I am a novice with coding and hope my questions are not cementing that statement!!!
No worry, So lets try to take this in order :
1. screen->setLED(LOW, i)
Hum maybe you're not using the library included with SimHub ?

2. Crazy display

In fact you have to set the pins to be unique, tach pin can't be changed (hardware restriction on the arduino) so you have to give another pin to the tm1638 in the sketch when you are running a tach.
The problem is that since you can pick any combinations of devices there is not enough pins availables to fit all the cases. try to replace TM1638 pin9, by pin 10 it should run fine ;)

Do not hesitate to come to the discord server, if you have any questions it's much simpler and fast to assist ;)

Edit : In the setup you should have something like this (I emptied the other pins for additionnal tm1638 not connected, but it's just for clarity it does not interfere) :
upload_2017-5-22_14-46-1.png

upload_2017-5-22_14-46-43.png

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the super fast reply, much appreciated. I figured I would have to move the pins around but needed it confirmed first. I did install all libraries (I hope) anyway my fix works so I wont worry about it now.

Again Simhub is fantastic as far as I am concerned it is far superior to all others and works with so many games out of the box. And it does not conflict with Sim Vibe like some other dash mods. Thanks again

I love this application, especially for Assetto Corsa, it works fine for 7'' display and my arduino tm1638. They both work in Assetto, but it doesn't work for Ets2, Ats2 or Project Cars.
I have the donater version, and I have selected the right game pad, cuz I do launch the game from the simhub itself

Hi !
There are specific instructions for these games, look in the bottom of simhub you have a button which will open game specific instructions for the current game.

Thank you!
Is it correct to use "Datacoreplugin.Gamedata.Newdata.PitLimiterisON"?
I'm watching it in properties but I think there is a problem! The value is "1" in the pit and "0" out the pit though the pitlimiter is On.
Depending of the game the data is not provided so instead of leaving it untriggered I trigger it with the is in pit lane data, that's better than nothing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes