Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ! Console versions of pcars 2 are not supported yet as for games offering choice for udp or shared memory; I always choose to support shared memory which is "struggle free" and more accurate compared to udp. I admit I never thought (my mistake) people would want to connect consoles to a PC software (seems not logic at first sight :D) But the amount of features available now justifies such expansion (to consoles) I'm considering it, but it requires looot of duplicate code, maintenance and testing so it's hard to take the step.

ah ok, no worries,
thank you for replying back to me - keep up with the good work as always :)

No worries. Just learnt that I have to copy the (.hmistruct and .hmijmap) files. Seems to be working now. Thank you!

Sorry last two questions (for now ;-):
1) Is there an easy way to select a different dash design after changing car, without re-uploading the design to the Nextion (ie: when using Dash Studio with an iPhone, I can easily change between different dash design?
2) is there any advantage / disadvantage using Nextion vs and iPhone? Faster refresh and frame rate?

Thanks.

you can find here process here https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display---Installing-an-'editor'-template
Do you have a screenshot of the nextion settings in simhub ? hard to say what is wrong with so few informations :(

Howdee all
Hi Wotever
can the following TM1638 with keys be used

TM1638 3-Wire 16 Keys 8 Bits Keyboard Buttons Display Module Digital Tube Board Scan And Key

Im hoping i can get the game to see the buttons, would solve alot of issues for me with buttons on the wheel.

and hopefully have better response to touch that the arduino buttons, with simhub sometimes doesn't respond to.

Karl

Attachments

• TM1638 3-Wire 16 Keys 8 Bits Keyboard - Scan And Key.jpg
    TM1638 3-Wire 16 Keys 8 Bits Keyboard - Scan And Key.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 213
me again.

:)

also, could this little lad work?
TM1637 6-Bits Tube LED Display Key Scan Module DC 3.3V To 5V Digital IIC Interface For Arduino Six In One 0.36 Inches

Attachments

• TM1637 6-Bits Tube LED Display Key Scan 12.jpg
    TM1637 6-Bits Tube LED Display Key Scan 12.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 286
me again.

:)

also, could this little lad work?
TM1637 6-Bits Tube LED Display Key Scan Module DC 3.3V To 5V Digital IIC Interface For Arduino Six In One 0.36 Inches

Hi ! None of them will work I'm affraid, TM1637 requires 4digit digital point version (with no leds or buttons) like this one : https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32648785549.html
And for tm638 you can see the two models supported here : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Arduino-Tm1638-Display-Wiring

Edit : I added the requirements for tm1637 as it was missing on the wiki : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Arduino-Tm1637-Display-Wiring

No worries. Just learnt that I have to copy the (.hmistruct and .hmijmap) files. Seems to be working now. Thank you!

Sorry last two questions (for now ;-):
1) Is there an easy way to select a different dash design after changing car, without re-uploading the design to the Nextion (ie: when using Dash Studio with an iPhone, I can easily change between different dash design?
2) is there any advantage / disadvantage using Nextion vs and iPhone? Faster refresh and frame rate?

Thanks.
Hi ! Here we go !
1- No the nextion can only store one template at a time, it's an hardware restriction
2- Nextion is good for a simple and affordable embedded display (with a single usb connection) it's big brother the usbd480 does a better job as it can run dashstudio, but price is really high compared to nextion
To compare nextion to a phone here a little pros and cons :
nextion :
- pros : single usb connection, no app to start on the display itself, decent price, can be properly encased, when running over an arduino pro micro there is physical led support available
- cons : the manufacturer editor could be a little more friendly and open. A single template at a time
phones :
- pros : runs all dash studio designs,
- cons : encasing is more complex, iphone specifically does not support landscape rotation lock without jailbreak (android do), expensive for the purpose if not using a recycled phone.

there is a last option thought : small hdmi screens, you can find small models at various sizes (look for waveshare pc compatible screens)

As you can see each option can find it's specific conditions where it will fit better.
I would take into order :
- HDMI screen : when running two cables is not an issue, one of the best result on a budget
- USBD480 : When you have the budget, not the most beautiful display but the best to integrate in a wheel with a simple usb connection.
- Phones or tablets : when you have one to recycle under hand
- Nextion : embedded display on a budget with a single usb connection, but with the limitations exposed above.

For the history records, I added the nextion support when cheap hdmi screens were not a thing (or were as much expensive as a lambo), not sure if I was starting from scratch simhub I would dig again into those screens, the evolution of the designer have been a bit deceptive over the years and the manufacturer refuses any enhancement suggested by the community in order to make the designer more comfortable. But since it's already here I keep the support :D

Yes the buttons works on the supported tm1638, to take the best benefit of it you will need an arduino pro micro so you can have native gamepad support.

Are there any issues with me replacing the LEDS to 3x Green, #x Amber and 2x Red for a rev indicator??
then i can make this beautiful.
I can't help on that I'm afraid I don't know the exact characteristics of the stock ones and I never tested replacing them, I've already seen some attempts here, some ended good, some bad, just make sure to test everything before changing them so you will know that everything was fine before the "operation".

I can't help on that I'm afraid I don't know the exact characteristics of the stock ones and I never tested replacing them, I've already seen some attempts here, some ended good, some bad, just make sure to test everything before changing them so you will know that everything was fine before the "operation".

will do.
Many thanks

one more thing.

i have a problem thats started saturday morning.
booted up PC to do race practice.
Simhub would not pick up rF2.
at first AC worked, but after a few reboots, AC stopped working aswel.
the 'Dash Studio" screens show "waiting for sim"

i had to un-install simhub, reboot PC, install simhub, patch plugin.. then it worked.
now rF2 doesnt work again... says "waiting for sim"

any ideas?? it worked flawlessly for many months

also the games screen, where you can select a game to play,or patch plugin was all greyed out, i couldnt select any games.

karl

Understood! Thank you very much for the detailed info. Much appreciated!

Hi ! Here we go !
1- No the nextion can only store one template at a time, it's an hardware restriction
2- Nextion is good for a simple and affordable embedded display (with a single usb connection) it's big brother the usbd480 does a better job as it can run dashstudio, but price is really high compared to nextion
To compare nextion to a phone here a little pros and cons :
nextion :
- pros : single usb connection, no app to start on the display itself, decent price, can be properly encased, when running over an arduino pro micro there is physical led support available
- cons : the manufacturer editor could be a little more friendly and open. A single template at a time
phones :
- pros : runs all dash studio designs,
- cons : encasing is more complex, iphone specifically does not support landscape rotation lock without jailbreak (android do), expensive for the purpose if not using a recycled phone.

there is a last option thought : small hdmi screens, you can find small models at various sizes (look for waveshare pc compatible screens)

As you can see each option can find it's specific conditions where it will fit better.
I would take into order :
- HDMI screen : when running two cables is not an issue, one of the best result on a budget
- USBD480 : When you have the budget, not the most beautiful display but the best to integrate in a wheel with a simple usb connection.
- Phones or tablets : when you have one to recycle under hand
- Nextion : embedded display on a budget with a single usb connection, but with the limitations exposed above.

For the history records, I added the nextion support when cheap hdmi screens were not a thing (or were as much expensive as a lambo), not sure if I was starting from scratch simhub I would dig again into those screens, the evolution of the designer have been a bit deceptive over the years and the manufacturer refuses any enhancement suggested by the community in order to make the designer more comfortable. But since it's already here I keep the support :D

Hi, so... I Have Problems With SimHUB v6.7.8, I Play Assetto Corsa And i Play With Single Player Quick Race With AI, but, when i play with SimHUB, the problem is... That it shows ONLY Me at the dashboard. ONLY ME. And They NOT Show any AI. ANY AI.
You Have a Solution? Thanks. (I Posted This by a reccomendation of One of creators of the Dash: Gary Swallow, Or GS.)
Oh! Theres A Image about the error:
Captura de Tela (1).png

Hi, so... I Have Problems With SimHUB v6.7.8, I Play Assetto Corsa And i Play With Single Player Quick Race With AI, but, when i play with SimHUB, the problem is... That it shows ONLY Me at the dashboard. ONLY ME. And They NOT Show any AI. ANY AI.
You Have a Solution? Thanks. (I Posted This by a reccomendation of One of creators of the Dash: Gary Swallow, Or GS.)
Oh! Theres A Image about the error:View attachment 311814
Hi ! to get opponent data you need to install the app as instructed here :
upload_2019-6-24_18-22-30.png

for a more detailed version : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimH...ames-config-and-troubleshooting#assetto-corsa

one more thing.

i have a problem thats started saturday morning.
booted up PC to do race practice.
Simhub would not pick up rF2.
at first AC worked, but after a few reboots, AC stopped working aswel.
the 'Dash Studio" screens show "waiting for sim"

i had to un-install simhub, reboot PC, install simhub, patch plugin.. then it worked.
now rF2 doesnt work again... says "waiting for sim"

any ideas?? it worked flawlessly for many months

also the games screen, where you can select a game to play,or patch plugin was all greyed out, i couldnt select any games.

karl
Hi ! Do you have the log files ? They are in c:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\logs do not hesitate to post them in a github issue, it will be easier for the followup: https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/issues

Thanks. But I Maked All The Things (Leave The Apps folder to assetto corsa folder, And activate on AC Apps on AC Settings), but the message its Still There! :cautious:
The message is static, il always shows. Since it's manual instructions it will keep here. However if you installed it correctly you will get back opponents data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes