Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ! Could you send me the log files after this happens so I can take a look. I've already seen a similar effect when using e-gpu (motherboard output) it seems to be bound to intel graphics "drivers" freezing output when simhub is spread accross multiple gpu (main window on your main monitor and dash on the the e-gpu), in this case simply reducing the main simhub window in tray is enough as a workaround. So simhub is only workingon a single GPU

I've taken a look at my log files and the last entry, after launching Dirt Rally, was referring to Assetto Corsa, so it's clear that Dirt rally was not detected at all. After some investigations, I have found out that the responsible is a resident icon in my tray called Assetto Corsa Service, which seems to remain there after exiting Assetto Corsa I don't know if it has to do with my Content Manager. What I have done is to automatically kill the process (AsettoCorsa.exe) from my Dirt Rally Launcher. That way, my Simhub dashboard always works.

I've taken a look at my log files and the last entry, after launching Dirt Rally, was referring to Assetto Corsa, so it's clear that Dirt rally was not detected at all. After some investigations, I have found out that the responsible is a resident icon in my tray called Assetto Corsa Service, which seems to remain there after exiting Assetto Corsa I don't know if it has to do with my Content Manager. What I have done is to automatically kill the process (AsettoCorsa.exe) from my Dirt Rally Launcher. That way, my Simhub dashboard always works.
Ah I see, it's a content launcher "hacky" way to launch the game and bypass steam. Make sure to choose the default launcher mode in content manager settings it will avoid troubles. I already tried this "mode" in the past and it did a beautiful mess, at the point I had to reinstall totally AC

Hi ! This is not possible out of box. We had lot of discussions about such behaviours on the discord, but this leads to lot of complexity about configuration (there is no direct access to send actions to games, only inputs) and would be quite unreliable.
Interesting to hear you have considered this already. Appreciate the response, thanks!

Hi. Maybe someone can help me. The problem is in the dashboard from bmw e36, everything works well except the fuel gauge and the temperature gauge. They do not work and are not calibrated (the fuel gauge is calibrated but does not work in the game). I have already checked all the connections more than once, tried different Arduino boards - nothing helps. I saw that some people had a similar problem, but I did not find a suitable solution except for checking the connection. Maybe someone knows how else to solve my problem?

@Wotever
Would there be any way possible to add "google chrome" into the games menu ?
C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\GamePlugins
I am using this Shakeit Bass Shaker feature with 4x buttkickers its setup perfect the software is really nice for these tactile devices and very easy to setup great work there,
yesterday I tried hrs to get the buttkickers playing with music from youtube while working with no avail,
tried 5-6 different software for the hardware out of my amps getting strange echoes and unwanted noise,
its just no way near as good as SimHub ingame,
is this something doable please ? :)

hi, anyone having issues with nextion showing RPM bar display?

mine always dont show the blue using the presets, only green then red then nothing.

is there anything i need to change? thanks

2 questions...... plus bonus question.

1: Any chance we will ever see this sold on steam like the other dash software, as I really don't like the donation method of funding. I would love to buy the full version, but I just personally can't support this type of payment method.

2: Can the app be run in portable mode so it doesn't run outside of its directory?

And as a bonus question.
Would you consider creating either a basic IOS app that allows donating / in app purchase via that method, or releasing on steam, or allow users to pay / donate via other means etc. Anything except this current method?

2 questions...... plus bonus question.

1: Any chance we will ever see this sold on steam like the other dash software, as I really don't like the donation method of funding. I would love to buy the full version, but I just personally can't support this type of payment method.

2: Can the app be run in portable mode so it doesn't run outside of its directory?

And as a bonus question.
Would you consider creating either a basic IOS app that allows donating / in app purchase via that method, or releasing on steam, or allow users to pay / donate via other means etc. Anything except this current method?
Hi ! I'm working hard on changing the current method, indeed, simhub has grown and I have to change the current model to get something future-proof. About steam or other methods, I'm not planning to reach those platforms as I feel I still have lot of improvements to do to Simhub before I could even think about that.

About portability, it can work anywhere on the same computer but some settings will be lost when moving it (it's how works .NET user settings, there is one setting file per "location"), except that copying everything will work. However considering the dependencies installed at setup it won't work on another computer without going through the installer (at least chances are small that 100% of the dependencies are met)

Any plans to add KartKraft for Shakit ?
Hi ! Yes it's available in the beta published on discord (link is in simhub bottom right corner) and i'm polishing the official version for the release.

@Wotever
Would there be any way possible to add "google chrome" into the games menu ?
C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\GamePlugins
I am using this Shakeit Bass Shaker feature with 4x buttkickers its setup perfect the software is really nice for these tactile devices and very easy to setup great work there,
yesterday I tried hrs to get the buttkickers playing with music from youtube while working with no avail,
tried 5-6 different software for the hardware out of my amps getting strange echoes and unwanted noise,
its just no way near as good as SimHub ingame,
is this something doable please ? :)
It's really different as Simhub generates sounds using telemetry while youtube or other "sound" applications requires recording filtering and replaying on the sound card, I won't tell it's impossible, but it's clearly aside of the original shakeit way of working. Maybe in the future ;) As I see this as another way to expand the use of shakers outside of the game (or even improve in-game experience)

hi, anyone having issues with nextion showing RPM bar display?

mine always dont show the blue using the presets, only green then red then nothing.

is there anything i need to change? thanks
Hi ! What template are you using ? Most templates are mostly two states (normal/redline) to get 3 states it will require a bit of tweaking (you can see how works the editing process here : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display---Template-creation-using-mapping-editor).

@Wotever First I'd like to say thank you so much for developing this and offering the full version for a reasonable cost! Really an awesome thing you are doing for this community.

I am having issues with the dashboards stuttering/lagging behind the gameplay. Every 5-10 seconds, both dashboards I have running will freeze/stutter for a second or two, then return to normal. Rinse repeat the entire time it's running. They also tend to stutter at separate times.

To summarize all the details I can think of:
  • Running SimHub 6.7.8 (Licensed Donator) off my desktop (i7 8700k, 16gb DDR4 RAM, GTX 1080Ti, M.2 SSD)
  • Only using this for the dashboards, no arduino/shakeit/udp relay/etc.
  • SimHub Android App running on two devices - Galaxy S9+ and Galaxy Tab A (2016)
  • Playing all various titles (Project Cars 2, iRacing, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa) - all exhibit same behavior
  • Desktop is set to a static internal IP, using the default 8888 port. Have both devices connected via the internal IP address
  • Have tested both the Android App, and web browser, same behavior on both.
  • Enabled Run as Administrator and Higher process priority, neither to any change.
  • Tested each device by itself, 1 at a time, same results. Both the apps and web browsers.
  • Also run CrewChief at the same time, but this issue predates me installing CrewChief, so I doubt that has any effect on this
  • Not using the built in record function
I must be overlooking something that's causing this? I've tried looking for older posts with the same issue, but that just led me down a rabbit hole.

After posting I thought about maybe using my external IP, but I just picture that adding a longer delay, as the devices will be essentially hopping out of my network, just to jump right back in.

@Wotever First I'd like to say thank you so much for developing this and offering the full version for a reasonable cost! Really an awesome thing you are doing for this community.

I am having issues with the dashboards stuttering/lagging behind the gameplay. Every 5-10 seconds, both dashboards I have running will freeze/stutter for a second or two, then return to normal. Rinse repeat the entire time it's running. They also tend to stutter at separate times.

To summarize all the details I can think of:
  • Running SimHub 6.7.8 (Licensed Donator) off my desktop (i7 8700k, 16gb DDR4 RAM, GTX 1080Ti, M.2 SSD)
  • Only using this for the dashboards, no arduino/shakeit/udp relay/etc.
  • SimHub Android App running on two devices - Galaxy S9+ and Galaxy Tab A (2016)
  • Playing all various titles (Project Cars 2, iRacing, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa) - all exhibit same behavior
  • Desktop is set to a static internal IP, using the default 8888 port. Have both devices connected via the internal IP address
  • Have tested both the Android App, and web browser, same behavior on both.
  • Enabled Run as Administrator and Higher process priority, neither to any change.
  • Tested each device by itself, 1 at a time, same results. Both the apps and web browsers.
  • Also run CrewChief at the same time, but this issue predates me installing CrewChief, so I doubt that has any effect on this
  • Not using the built in record function
I must be overlooking something that's causing this? I've tried looking for older posts with the same issue, but that just led me down a rabbit hole.

After posting I thought about maybe using my external IP, but I just picture that adding a longer delay, as the devices will be essentially hopping out of my network, just to jump right back in.
Hi ! That's a kind of symptoms I've already encountered due to routers, on my end after a time the router was getting "buggy" and a simple reboot solved it , considering the devices (I don't really know much way does the galaxy A have under the hood, but the galaxy s9 is faaaar enough.) that would be my best bet. It could be also a firewall messing up,I've seen some rare reports over the years about lag induced by firewalls. In all cases I think the answer is to be found on the network "layer" (firewall, router,WiFi),
Never use the public IP indeed it will be unchanged at best, worst in most cases.

Can you please say exactly how to modify hardware_settings_config.xml for Dirt Rally 2.0 to make my dashboard display work? The instructions provided are about Dirt Rally and other Codemasters games. I have not been able to make it work. I tried the automatic fix and then manually. Can you paste the complete section called <motion_platform>?

Hi ! That's a kind of symptoms I've already encountered due to routers, on my end after a time the router was getting "buggy" and a simple reboot solved it , considering the devices (I don't really know much way does the galaxy A have under the hood, but the galaxy s9 is faaaar enough.) that would be my best bet. It could be also a firewall messing up,I've seen some rare reports over the years about lag induced by firewalls. In all cases I think the answer is to be found on the network "layer" (firewall, router,WiFi),
Never use the public IP indeed it will be unchanged at best, worst in most cases.

UPNP I think was the culprit. Still a tiny bit of "lag" but so much better. I just opened the port up on port forwarding and it seems to be much better. Not sure why I hadn't thought of that sooner. Was about to start capturing network captures to see where it was getting held up lol.

Can you please say exactly how to modify hardware_settings_config.xml for Dirt Rally 2.0 to make my dashboard display work? The instructions provided are about Dirt Rally and other Codemasters games. I have not been able to make it work. I tried the automatic fix and then manually. Can you paste the complete section called <motion_platform>?
Hi ! You can find a detailed sample for dirt rally 2.0 here : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimH...fig-and-troubleshooting#sample-configurations
You will also find lot of troubleshooting tips above on the page in case your settings were already correct.

UPNP I think was the culprit. Still a tiny bit of "lag" but so much better. I just opened the port up on port forwarding and it seems to be much better. Not sure why I hadn't thought of that sooner. Was about to start capturing network captures to see where it was getting held up lol.
Strange :thumbsdown:upnp is intended just to open automatically ports requested by applications, the most classic effect which could impact network so much would be BitTorrent downloads which can use lot of bandwidth with direct connection and not able to do it anymore.

@Wotever
Hi Wotever, is there any way to implement something in Simhub to automate the pressing of the R key in Rfactor 2 when it starts a new session ie moving from quali to race? I am using a spectator PC which is used for replays but the instant replay is only triggered if you press the R key which gets reset after each session and I can't get to the Spectator PC to press the R key every time a new session is started. I am trying to think of a way to automate the pressing of the R key when rfactor moves between sessions but I can't think of a way of doing it unless maybe there is something that can be programmed into Simhub as simhub would detect when a new session is starting. I have looked into Rfactor 2's config settings but I can't see anything in there to automate the process either.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 51 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 83 59.3%