Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wotever,

I have SimHub 6.7.8 Installed which i think is the most up to date version.

I only have Assetto Corsa (AC) and Assetto Corsa Competizione installed.
Sim hub works well with both, however it seems that they both use the same Bass Shaker settings.

I have the option "Use Game specific Settings" checked, but when i adjust the settings whist in ACC to get them just right, it seems that AC then uses those settings .... (and vice versa).

Has anyone else seen this issue ?

Any thoughts on what could be wrong or how to further check if Sim Hub is using different Bass Shaker for each sim ?

Cheers
Jay

Hi Wotever!
I recently ordered a nextion display when it came to me, I found that it already has an example loaded from the factory. On one of the pages there was the ability to change the brightness of the display ProgressBar. Can SimHub it as something to implement? or tell me how to create a progress bar in nextion template with code that I could do it myself?

Hi ! You can find a detailed sample for dirt rally 2.0 here : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimH...fig-and-troubleshooting#sample-configurations
You will also find lot of troubleshooting tips above on the page in case your settings were already correct.

It's not working. I have tried different ports in hardware_settings_config.xml and in Simhub/Settings/Games/Dirt Rally 2.0. The result is always the same: the idle screen goes to black and nothing happens. When I quit the game, the idle screen reappears. I have noticed that the upd port is often reset to 10001, and no idea why this is happening. I have even tried setting the file to read only. I have also tried with different dashboard layouts. Do I post my log here?

It's not working. I have tried different ports in hardware_settings_config.xml and in Simhub/Settings/Games/Dirt Rally 2.0. The result is always the same: the idle screen goes to black and nothing happens. When I quit the game, the idle screen reappears. I have noticed that the upd port is often reset to 10001, and no idea why this is happening. I have even tried setting the file to read only. I have also tried with different dashboard layouts. Do I post my log here?
Ah I see ! 10001 is another common port for other applications like simdashboard, simtools,SRS or some others (I can't remember exactly which one) make sure to close this app (look in tray icons for instance to close it, it's probably starting with windows)

Hi Wotever!
I recently ordered a nextion display when it came to me, I found that it already has an example loaded from the factory. On one of the pages there was the ability to change the brightness of the display ProgressBar. Can SimHub it as something to implement? or tell me how to create a progress bar in nextion template with code that I could do it myself?
It's not supported by simhub specifically, but it can be done completely in the nextion designer. I can't remember if the sample was bundled with the nextion editor but you can look how it's made in this sample.

Hi Wotever,

I have SimHub 6.7.8 Installed which i think is the most up to date version.

I only have Assetto Corsa (AC) and Assetto Corsa Competizione installed.
Sim hub works well with both, however it seems that they both use the same Bass Shaker settings.

I have the option "Use Game specific Settings" checked, but when i adjust the settings whist in ACC to get them just right, it seems that AC then uses those settings .... (and vice versa).

Has anyone else seen this issue ?

Any thoughts on what could be wrong or how to further check if Sim Hub is using different Bass Shaker for each sim ?

Cheers
Jay
Strange ! To be totally transparent the new shakeit version is 99% ready and it will feature a more transparent profile management, I will make sure it doesn't suffer of the same thing.

Ah I see ! 10001 is another common port for other applications like simdashboard, simtools,SRS or some others (I can't remember exactly which one) make sure to close this app (look in tray icons for instance to close it, it's probably starting with windows)

Well, maybe it's SimCommander4, which I'm using for my shakers, but I use it with Dirt 1 too and in this case both the shakers and the dashboard work together well.

Strange ! To be totally transparent the new shakeit version is 99% ready and it will feature a more transparent profile management, I will make sure it doesn't suffer of the same thing.

Cool ... i look forward to the new features ...

ACC seems to need much more amplitude on just about all channels than AC so it's important that SimHub has separate profiles for them.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Wotever,

I use a 3.5" nextion display with arduino, it works perfectly, but I would like to use a TM1638 modul too together with the nextion. Is it possible to use them in one arduino sketch or I have to use two arduinos?

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Jozsef

It's not supported by simhub specifically, but it can be done completely in the nextion designer. I can't remember if the sample was bundled with the nextion editor but you can look how it's made in this sample.
I Find tutorial video! Post the link, maybe someone will be useful.

Hi,

I just received my Arduino Micro and TTL boards for the Nextion display.

However when I tried to upload the template using the Nextion Editor, it always failed saying “Nextion not found”.

This happened to both TTL and Micro boards,
Also tried with both 2.8 and 4.3 display

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi,

I just received my Arduino Micro and TTL boards for the Nextion display.

However when I tried to upload the template using the Nextion Editor, it always failed saying “Nextion not found”.

This happened to both TTL and Micro boards,
Also tried with both 2.8 and 4.3 display

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Hum ! It means the nextion editor can't communicate with the screen.

A few basic checks first :
Also make sure your tll drivers are installed, they come with various chips and you need to make sure drivers are installed. About arduino did you upload the sketch as instructed, I've seen some people simply forgetting that step ?
If these previous checks are ok : since you have tested two ways of connecting it, I would feel for replicating the same wiring error on both at first sight (TX must go to RX and vice-versa it's a classic error to wire tx to tx).

If it's not coming from that it would feel like the screen uart is dead. I've seen same exact report on the itead forums a few days ago, the itead team blammed the guy for plugging it the wrong way but could it be a bad batch on the market ?

Hi Wotever,

I use a 3.5" nextion display with arduino, it works perfectly, but I would like to use a TM1638 modul too together with the nextion. Is it possible to use them in one arduino sketch or I have to use two arduinos?

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Jozsef
Hi ! It's not possible as nextion and the other arduino sketch have a really different communication protocol and trying to inject the nextion support into the main arduino sketch would suffer from huge performances issues and features like nextion upload would not work.

Well, maybe it's SimCommander4, which I'm using for my shakers, but I use it with Dirt 1 too and in this case both the shakers and the dashboard work together well.
There should be a trick or a third party software running ? one communication channel from the game can be only consumed by a single software. Maybe you have the udp forwarding enabled for dirt 1 but not for dirt 2 ?
https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Sharing-UDP-data-with-other-applications
Maybe there is a similar option in SimCommander 4 ?

I'm pretty sure the TX/RX wires are correct. I can both boards in in Windows.

In SimHub -> Arduino -> Open Arduino set up tool...
under the "Sketch Setup" on the left, I do not see any option for Nextion display. What should I upload to the Micro? Thx

Hum ! It means the nextion editor can't communicate with the screen.

A few basic checks first :
Also make sure your tll drivers are installed, they come with various chips and you need to make sure drivers are installed. About arduino did you upload the sketch as instructed, I've seen some people simply forgetting that step ?
If these previous checks are ok : since you have tested two ways of connecting it, I would feel for replicating the same wiring error on both at first sight (TX must go to RX and vice-versa it's a classic error to wire tx to tx).

If it's not coming from that it would feel like the screen uart is dead. I've seen same exact report on the itead forums a few days ago, the itead team blammed the guy for plugging it the wrong way but could it be a bad batch on the market ?

I'm pretty sure the TX/RX wires are correct. I can both boards in in Windows.

In SimHub -> Arduino -> Open Arduino set up tool...
under the "Sketch Setup" on the left, I do not see any option for Nextion display. What should I upload to the Micro? Thx
Indeed for the nextion there is a dedicated sketch emulating a TTL with a few additional features , you can read the instructions here https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display#uploading-arduino-micro-sketch

Cool. Thanks so much for your help.

I've just uploaded the sketch using Arduino IDE (for the first time!), and successfully uploaded the template to the Nextion.

I can see the dash template when the Nextion is power up. I enabled "Power Off screen when not in game" and it turns on / off the screen when I go in / out of AC. However, it's not getting any of the data when in game so the display is static with just the template. What's next?

Indeed for the nextion there is a dedicated sketch emulating a TTL with a few additional features , you can read the instructions here https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display#uploading-arduino-micro-sketch

Hi Wotever,
sorry if you already mentioned this,
how do you connect certain games, like project cars 2, for ps4/xbox consoles
cause im trying to connect to it but no joy,
sorry to be a pain

Hi Wotever,
sorry if you already mentioned this,
how do you connect certain games, like project cars 2, for ps4/xbox consoles
cause im trying to connect to it but no joy,
sorry to be a pain
Hi ! Console versions of pcars 2 are not supported yet as for games offering choice for udp or shared memory; I always choose to support shared memory which is "struggle free" and more accurate compared to udp. I admit I never thought (my mistake) people would want to connect consoles to a PC software (seems not logic at first sight :D) But the amount of features available now justifies such expansion (to consoles) I'm considering it, but it requires looot of duplicate code, maintenance and testing so it's hard to take the step.

Cool. Thanks so much for your help.

I've just uploaded the sketch using Arduino IDE (for the first time!), and successfully uploaded the template to the Nextion.

I can see the dash template when the Nextion is power up. I enabled "Power Off screen when not in game" and it turns on / off the screen when I go in / out of AC. However, it's not getting any of the data when in game so the display is static with just the template. What's next?
you can find here process here https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display---Installing-an-'editor'-template
Do you have a screenshot of the nextion settings in simhub ? hard to say what is wrong with so few informations :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes