Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello wotever,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your great program. Makes a lot of fun. I also do not want to complain all the time.

I will take Adafruit V2 and stack several.

What amazes me, if V1 with the same engines in shakeit 100% strength, it has less than 10% power in Simhub (with test motor). The difference is huge.

I have no multimeter.

Wotever I take from now on V2 :)))

Hello wotever,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your great program. Makes a lot of fun. I also do not want to complain all the time.

I will take Adafruit V2 and stack several.

What amazes me, if V1 with the same engines in shakeit 100% strength, it has less than 10% power in Simhub (with test motor). The difference is huge.

I have no multimeter.

Wotever I take from now on V2 :)))

Hum maybe an additional clue, since I've double checked everything happening on software side, it may remains one clue, power source, if somehow you did not follow the schematics and plugged your power source through the arduino instead of the board screw connector you have to get the power jumper back to get more power.

Sorry for the trouble caused by V3 migration, but as you said I had to do that to isolate tools from each other and most importantly, tools from rF2 :)

I am now happy with plugin architecture, and do not have plans for reworking it. The only changes I envision are:
* bug fixes/tweaks
* augmenting rF2Extended buffer, this one contains info not directly exposed by the game.
* if S397 updates internals in an incompatible way, there might be breaking changes. But I would be surprised if they do that, as ISI wisely included a lot of reserved bytes, which is more than enough to fix gaps in their model.

Whenever layout of buffers changes, I increase the second number in a version. So, when you see 3.1.x.x, that means some buffer changed. Most often, however, it is rF2Extended that changes, and this should not affect many uses. Also, I tend to add fields at the end of a buffer.

You can assume that CC always ships with latest version of the plugin. You could also check version dynamically by reading rF2Extended.mVersion field. Lastly, if you are deciding whether to overwrite plugin or not, you could check the binary timestamp. If it is more recent, most likely CC updated the plugin and there's no need to overwrite it (unless I screwed up and broke everything :) )

Cheers, and thanks for reducing number of plugins running in rF2. Now I need to convince others to move :D

No worry, it's for good, I was wondering how to properly handle versions conflicts (in order to always keep the higher one),I will investigate your suggestions, I like the binary timestamp idea, I already use that to get dynamically the Simhub build date and time in the logs.

Do you know if there's a way to know in Assetto Corsa if, during a practice, you are still on the pits waiting to press the red button, or your have already done that and are inside the car? I need to map a control and I'd like it to function differently on race (key combination to restart practice) and on pits (key combination to go driving).
Hum simhub does not handle very well the "menu" state mostly by design, I may change that to actually allow spectator mode when possible (the status you describe is actually close to this mode), but it will be a hard work.

Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

Last question, is there any tutorial / guide on how to use ShakeIt to enable CSP V3 rumble motors in rF2 ? I tried the 2 checkbox in the second (fanatec dedicated) tab without any success!
Currently only separate pedals are supported, I've not been able yet to crack open the "through the base" communication yet.

- First you need to make sure you don't have any conflicting apps like fanaleds for instance,
Then you can check the fanatec pedals status in the log :
upload_2018-2-22_19-46-18.png

I don't own fanatec pedals so my log fails obviously :D

- Then you can use "'test motor" force to see if your pedals are correctly plugged to simhub (make sure to push general power at max) :
upload_2018-2-22_19-49-51.png

- If this is successful, use the "mixer" (previous picture) to set the power of the effects,

- And finally in the effects tab you can power on or off each effect :
upload_2018-2-22_19-51-43.png

No worry, it's for good, I was wondering how to properly handle versions conflicts (in order to always keep the higher one),I will investigate your suggestions, I like the binary timestamp idea, I already use that to get dynamically the Simhub build date and time in the logs.
I can point you to version check in Crew Chief if you like. But there are two levels of checks, timestamp and mVersion.

Hello Wotever, je viens de lire que l'on peut profiter des moteurs sous les pédales du CSP V3? Il faut désinstaller fanaleds et ensuite que faut-il faire? je ne trouve pas ... dsl ... et ça fonctionne sur Pcars2 et AC? Merci

Hello Wotever, je viens de lire que l'on peut profiter des moteurs sous les pédales du CSP V3? Il faut désinstaller fanaleds et ensuite que faut-il faire? je ne trouve pas ... dsl ... et ça fonctionne sur Pcars2 et AC? Merci

Oui ca fonctionne sur PC2 et AC, faut cocher dans le mixer quelle sortie doit y ètre envoyée :
upload_2018-2-23_0-36-11.png

Pour le reste c'est tou ce que j'ai montré plus haut, attention ca ne marche qu'avec les pédales branchées séparément.

Hi ! I used my voltmeter in all the ways,, wired back my v1, everything looks fine 100% output gives me a clean 12V, so I need your help :

First let's cover some facts ;) Please read it carefully so it will help to understand what's happening ;)

- V1 board IS weak ! It has 0.6mA (1.2A peak) per channel versus V2 board : 1.2A per bridge (3A for brief 20ms peaks), so v1 and v2 clearly can't compare in term of power and responsiveness. On "big" motors v1 will easily reach it's max power and eventually trigger some thermal shutdown (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-motor-shield/overview), I used In the past the V1 board on a moderate sized cheap RC car, except whining and heating it proved to be inadequate for large motors.

- I reworked the forces in the simhub version to try to balance better the games, so some games may feel stronger and some weaker compared to the original version.​

So here comes my questions :D

- @bayernmünchenole ,@Papifix : Could you tell me if the "test force", with everything set to maximum, is weak, this is a kind of "direct drive" of the motors,
View attachment 237003
From this test I think,
- @bayernmünchenole you should have something similar to ShakeIt v1 in this test
- @Papifix , If I remember correctly your motors are much bigger than the motors I recommend, you will know if you are over the capacity of the V1 board. If you get some cuts after 10 or 15s it's probably the thermal shutdown triggering.​

- Next test in order to exclude any powering problems : If you have a multimeter could you give me the voltage when the motors are not plugged when you are pushing everything to maximum ? With my 12v power source I got 12V in every outputs which means it's really at max.

- Next step, i think it's your problem @bayernmünchenole since simhub effects may be by default weaker than original shakeit, you can push higher the feedback factor of the forces you use, it will output more stronger, on the live output you can see the effect output (when it reaches the top it means 100% of the output, if the effect is set to 100 % in the mixer) :
View attachment 237004

Hope this will helps, I've tested everything on my side, wired back my v1 board (I use only v2 now in everyday use), checked the code (it's totally similar to the original ShakeIt) , measured everything, I can't really find anything bad, so I can't be totally sure before you answer my previous questions but this is what I think :
- @Papifix : I think Your motors are too big for the capacities or the V1 board
- @bayernmünchenole : I think you are just facing my "ffb rebalancing" and raising the feedback factor should get it back to what you had in the "legacy shakeit"

Hi Wotever,

thanks for your quick response. I have used the test motor slider with general power at 100% to compare the power of the motors. I also tested another V1 shield, but got the same results, so i did some measurements and figured out, that with simhub the output voltage is much smaller (about 4V). In Shakeit I get nearly the same output and input voltage. In the arduino shakeit script I had to set the 'maxMotorRumbleOutput' to 255. If I remember correctly this factor was used to drive smaller motors with a bigger power supply, so the pwm control was limited.
Is there a similar factor in the simhub script? Maybe it is set to low, since i use bigger 12V motors.

Hi Wotever,

thanks for your quick response. I have used the test motor slider with general power at 100% to compare the power of the motors. I also tested another V1 shield, but got the same results, so i did some measurements and figured out, that with simhub the output voltage is much smaller (about 4V). In Shakeit I get nearly the same output and input voltage. In the arduino shakeit script I had to set the 'maxMotorRumbleOutput' to 255. If I remember correctly this factor was used to drive smaller motors with a bigger power supply, so the pwm control was limited.
Is there a similar factor in the simhub script? Maybe it is set to low, since i use bigger 12V motors.
Hum, This is the only remaining test I did not made (comparing shakeit, and simhub), I will check that last combination, in simhub version I removed the factor, it's always 255.

works fine, but cant get the leadboard to collect data, so its just a screen with me on it thats all,.. can you help please.

and yes i have use crewchief and did the configurations ect.
Hi ! Just checked everything went fine, so I may think about two things,
- The app may not be enabled in AC :
upload_2018-2-23_13-32-15.png

- Or player class leaderboard is active ?
upload_2018-2-23_13-33-52.png

If it's not one of these things could you send me the log files available in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs ?
Thanks

Wotever updated SimHub, DIY Sim racing Dash with a new update entry:

6.3.6 - Weekly release

Hi !

What's new ?

- Updated to the latest version of the CrewChief RF2 plugin (v3.0.0.1 - https://github.com/TheIronWolfModding/rF2SharedMemoryMapPlugin)
- Finished lut reading for TC and ABS in AC (in some conditions AC reports wrong TC value and it may not match the real ingame level, but it's an AC bug)
- Smoother live map for RF2 (thanks to The Iron Wolf for the infos)
- Lighter record files for rf2

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does the blinker code work different with texts? I have this code which works with an image, but I've tried it with a text and it does not blink:

blink('fblinker',300,[DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.IsInPitLane] and [DataCorePlugin.CurrentGame]='CodemastersDirtRally')

Does the blinker code work different with texts? I have this code which works with an image, but I've tried it with a text and it does not blink:

blink('fblinker',300,[DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.IsInPitLane] and [DataCorePlugin.CurrentGame]='CodemastersDirtRally')
I don't have the full context so I can't tell if something else is wrong but your formula looks totally fine. Maybe the blinker key ('fblinker') is not unique making it going wrong, the key is intended to synchronize multiple blinkers but if you use totally different things for the same key it will fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes