Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Wotever!
I've just tried the latest beta. Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem of stuttering in overlay mode with RF2. I made small templates from the very beginning. In my case RF2 works smooth, but the dash applications frees for a second or two from time to time especially when I have some AI (6-8). Playing with display latency setup does not help either.
My PC specs: Intel i7 6700K@4,2gHz, 980Ti overclocked, 16gB DDR4.
Could you please check if you could reproduce the issue with my dash attached?
Link: https://yadi.sk/d/bsEv8K2r3ReQLK
Thanks for your work!

I just tested it, I've put all the parts on a 10 ai race, it runned smoothly (both game and overlays), with an additionnal USBD480 dash running at the same time and a leaderboard running in the browser.

They are nice :D Really amazed by the g-force indicator :D

I would play with the game settings. These are my game settings :
upload_2018-1-21_16-32-51.png

If somehow you get stuck with a CPU spike or something like that I would try to set simhub priority higher (an option is available in the settings).

There is something which is tickling me a lot, you probably put a good quantity of time in building these overlays ? Did it behaves like that since the beginning ?

Maybe something can be seen in the log files ? (c:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs)

Thanks for qiuck reply and video settings! I never tried using synс as red that it increases input lag! But I'll try to see if it has positive effect. As for higher process priority I've tried this already.
There is something which is tickling me a lot, you probably put a good quantity of time in building these overlays ? Did it behaves like that since the beginning ?
Maybe something can be seen in the log files ? (c:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs)
I started using Simhub from early January I think with the current build 6.2.2. So yes, it behaved like that from the beginning. I already wrote you about the issue on Jan, 6 in this post above: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.121578/page-126#post-2659852.
My IT knowledge is too poor to understand logs, so the only lines seemed suspecious to me are "...INFO - API Time error fixed". There are many such lines in the log. Could it be an indicator of the issue?
Here are my logs: https://yadi.sk/d/pxSth3yS3ReXBc

P.s. The indicator you've mentioned is not really g-force but grip level. I just got used to it while using TrackMap, so decided to reproduce one with SimHub. Thanks you made this possible with your great application!

Hi Wotever
First excellent piece of software, I got the RPM, Gear Changing and Dysplay already working, now
I do have the Dash Display with the TM1638 and the Chinese Version of the Arduino Nano
I already donwload the correct driver for the Arduino Clone and it works fine, It does upload the sketch fine
and it shows as connected inside Sim HUb Arduino Display my Hardware (pic Included), but when in game nothing happens, no LED,s or anything light up, I did include some screen shots of the process and some from Sim hub, any ideas will be greatly appreciated
thanks
Fer

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    750.4 KB · Views: 219
I just tested it, I've put all the parts on a 10 ai race, it runned smoothly (both game and overlays), with an additionnal USBD480 dash running at the same time and a leaderboard running in the browser.

They are nice :D Really amazed by the g-force indicator :D

I would play with the game settings. These are my game settings :
View attachment 231694

If somehow you get stuck with a CPU spike or something like that I would try to set simhub priority higher (an option is available in the settings).

Hum ! sorry If i missed your post earlier this month :(.
So just to resume a bit you get random stutters of 1 seconds or 2 ? Could you give me the frequency where it happens ? (Approximately, no need to stopwatch it :D)

Also could you send me the log files ? I would not ask you to decode them :D, but I think it could give me some clues.

The 'API Time error fixed', is nothing to worry about, actually the game gives the time every 50ms or so, and simhub interpolates the data between each refresh, but sometimes the game could actually run slower than the actual time, the message pop when it happens.

Another way can be to disable all the unused plugins in the settings, just to see if one of them is the root of your problem.

Hi Wotever
First excellent piece of software, I got the RPM, Gear Changing and Dysplay already working, now
I do have the Dash Display with the TM1638 and the Chinese Version of the Arduino Nano
I already donwload the correct driver for the Arduino Clone and it works fine, It does upload the sketch fine
and it shows as connected inside Sim HUb Arduino Display my Hardware (pic Included), but when in game nothing happens, no LED,s or anything light up, I did include some screen shots of the process and some from Sim hub, any ideas will be greatly appreciated
thanks
Fer
Hi
did you setup your games?
change ports and add files to be able to get the data out the game?

i dont have a 1638, so cant walk you thru it.
but if it works in the programming screen, id check game setup

K

Hi Wotever
thanks
Fer
Hi !

The tm1638 should at least show a clock when out of game , but in your picture it looks desperately dead despite being correctly connected and configured.
In the screens definitions you can see in real time which screen should display using the little green indicator :
upload_2018-1-21_19-3-24.png

I would double check the wiring, I tried to verify it using the picture you sent, but i cant see the tm1638 connector.

Have you put content on the second module ? Simhub aggregates all the displays as a big dash so you have to put content on the second module (LCD will be the second module) :

View attachment 231355

Today a screen defines the content of all the modules at the same time there is no way for now to separate them. however if you don't redefine the content of a module SimHub will take the content to the first screen :
hi sir

im kinda getting conflicts with my tm1637 and lcd 2004.

is there any chance of being able to lock functions to specific screens??

i have the tm1637 to run speed and gear on my wheel only(ala Fanateck style)
and my 2004 lcd to display alot of information for racing and trucking.
so i use the addon buttons to scroll thru the pages while im racing

conflict is, when i change lcd page 1(lap times) to lcd page 2(tire temps)
then it turns off my tm1637,
i then have to keep scrolling all the way thru all my pages to get tm1637 back.
any way of curing this?

please advise, getting frustrated here .
so close to getting the system to work perfect

hi sir

im kinda getting conflicts with my tm1637 and lcd 2004.

is there any chance of being able to lock functions to specific screens??

i have the tm1637 to run speed and gear on my wheel only(ala Fanateck style)
and my 2004 lcd to display alot of information for racing and trucking.
so i use the addon buttons to scroll thru the pages while im racing

conflict is, when i change lcd page 1(lap times) to lcd page 2(tire temps)
then it turns off my tm1637,
i then have to keep scrolling all the way thru all my pages to get tm1637 back.
any way of curing this?

please advise, getting frustrated here .
so close to getting the system to work perfect

Sadly like i've wrote before actually the whole display changes, when you scroll through the pages, I got the request several times, but separating them requires a lot of work, screen management inside SimHub is actually a monster, it's not only the current displayed content, but it manages "inheritance" , events with temporary shown screens, button presses, screen queue. I will look however if I can split them in multiple "contexts" but no promises, I've checked it already in the past and the work needed to change it was really crazy

Thank you for your great work, only lack support for led drs, but thanks for your good patience and good work.

These are my flyers made thanks to their ideas.

Excuse me the English is from the translator,

Regards!

Attachments

• WP_20171129_20_14_38_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171129_20_14_38_Pro.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 321
  • WP_20171129_20_15_44_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171129_20_15_44_Pro.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
tKS Wotever
I did double check al my connections and they were all fine, Its seems that for some reason when the Chinese Arduino driver is install it defaults to COM 16, I did change to COM 6 and works fine now, re-upload inside Sim Hub and now works, I would also like to ask what are the benefits for a Donation, I really appreciate the software and would like to help...thanks again

Hi !

The tm1638 should at least show a clock when out of game , but in your picture it looks desperately dead despite being correctly connected and configured.
In the screens definitions you can see in real time which screen should display using the little green indicator : View attachment 231729

I would double check the wiring, I tried to verify it using the picture you sent, but i cant see the tm1638 connector.

Attachments

• IMG_9206.JPG
    IMG_9206.JPG
    907.2 KB · Views: 315
also is it possible to send me a correct configuration for the LEDS? they dont seem to match the RPM limit leds on the game
Sadly there is not a universal configuration, there is not a single game giving the redline, however you can change it on the fly in the game using a button (go into the controls mappings to set a button to do it) . For now there is a single setting for all cars/games but on the next incoming version (you can find the beta in the discord server) you can now configure the redline per game/car (you can configure it per car when the game gives the current car model, assetto Corsa does it).

Concerning the donator edition it mostly unlocks the maximum refresh speed of the displays and a few comfort features such as windows startup or automatic game switching.

Tks Wotever
I will be donating as of the end of next week
thanks again for the quick reply

Sadly there is not a universal configuration, there is not a single game giving the redline, however you can change it on the fly in the game using a button (go into the controls mappings to set a button to do it) . For now there is a single setting for all cars/games but on the next incoming version (you can find the beta in the discord server) you can now configure the redline per game/car (you can configure it per car when the game gives the current car model, assetto Corsa does it).

Concerning the donator edition it mostly unlocks the maximum refresh speed of the displays and a few comfort features such as windows startup or automatic game switching.

Hum ! sorry If i missed your post earlier this month :(.
Actualy you didn't, you replied expecting new version would settle performance issues. Your program is so good as to have too many replies from different people. You can't remember everyone, that's normal, don't worry. :)

So just to resume a bit you get random stutters of 1 seconds or 2 ? Could you give me the frequency where it happens ? (Approximately, no need to stopwatch it :D)
Right, I used to get few freases per lap. Sometimes it is one, sometimes five, approximatelly.

Also could you send me the log files ? I would not ask you to decode them :D, but I think it could give me some clues.
Sure, here you are: https://yadi.sk/d/pxSth3yS3ReXBc

Another way can be to disable all the unused plugins in the settings, just to see if one of them is the root of your problem.
I had only one 3rd party plugin - DAM. I've just tested with switched off, no difference.

I did some more tests. What I found:
1. Sync does reduce stuttering in terms of both: frequency and duration (it is about 0.2 sec appr. with sync). I have a monitor with 1920*1200 at 60Hz. Without sync I used to have 150-200 FPS without rain.
2. I tested with some hardware monitors and found out that neither CPU cores was loaded to maximum cappacity. The maximum core load was 75%. GPU was loaded at 100% which is expected and normal with RF2. All temperatures were ok as well.

Thanks for your help and patience!

Hello I just got this and it is very nice thank you, I was wondering how do you put Tire wear in there I was messing around trying to and im just not getting it I guess. also how do you get the fuel to
Gallons not Liters

Last edited:
Hi,
Firstly, amazing job on this software. It is has made my sim experience even more amazing! I have been coding up the functionality into a Mercedes W08 style dashboard that I will share on RD once finished. However, I have one problem. I am trying to set up the dash to show a change in setting with a white background when I change it, however, I've been struggling to implement this.

W08.PNG

Below is my code, any help with it would be greatly appreciated!!

if(timesincelastevent($prop('DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.BrakeBias')) < 3000){
return ($prop('DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.BrakeBias'))
}else{
}

Thanks

Edit - Desired screen when changing brake bias added
W08BB.PNG

Hi,
Firstly, amazing job on this software. It is has made my sim experience even more amazing! I have been coding up the functionality into a Mercedes W08 style dashboard that I will share on RD once finished. However, I have one problem. I am trying to set up the dash to show a change in setting with a white background when I change it, however, I've been struggling to implement this.

View attachment 231904

Below is my code, any help with it would be greatly appreciated!!

if(timesincelastevent($prop('DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.BrakeBias')) < 3000){
}else{
}

Thanks

Edit - Desired screen when changing brake bias added
View attachment 231905

Hi ! Instead of timesincelastevent use the "changed" function, actually brake bias is not an event

Actualy you didn't, you replied expecting new version would settle performance issues. Your program is so good as to have too many replies from different people. You can't remember everyone, that's normal, don't worry. :)

Right, I used to get few freases per lap. Sometimes it is one, sometimes five, approximatelly.

Sure, here you are: https://yadi.sk/d/pxSth3yS3ReXBc

I had only one 3rd party plugin - DAM. I've just tested with switched off, no difference.

I did some more tests. What I found:
1. Sync does reduce stuttering in terms of both: frequency and duration (it is about 0.2 sec appr. with sync). I have a monitor with 1920*1200 at 60Hz. Without sync I used to have 150-200 FPS without rain.
2. I tested with some hardware monitors and found out that neither CPU cores was loaded to maximum cappacity. The maximum core load was 75%. GPU was loaded at 100% which is expected and normal with RF2. All temperatures were ok as well.

Thanks for your help and patience!
Hum I fill I have some clues ! Every 300 logs simhub clears the log in the log tab I see that you got a lot of them due to a recurring error(fixed in the next beta) and a lot of tracked events. I will try to reduce these logs, I feel that the problem comes from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes