DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod

DiRT Rally DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod 4.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Did anyone ever workout what the in game slider adhered to? Like 0.5 was 50 vertical degrees FOV? or something?
Hi, MaDMaXX.
Yes, default FOV range is set to "FOV 30-70".
So, the default FOV table is as follows. :)

<Codemasters Default FOV Table>
(In-game FOV - FOV Value)
FOV 0.0 - 30.0
FOV 0.1 - 34.0
FOV 0.2 - 38.0
FOV 0.3 - 42.0
FOV 0.4 - 46.0
FOV 0.5 - 50.0
FOV 0.6 - 54.0
FOV 0.7 - 58.0
FOV 0.8 - 62.0
FOV 0.9 - 66.0
FOV 1.0 - 70.0

(P.S. About the FOV tables of this Mod, please refer to the Readme. :))

Many thanks for that, i think you're the only person i've found that has updated info for DR.

MrPix's FOV calc says it has to x2 the result you get, then also references that it already does that for you, either way, it's a little confusing as it's suggesting a result of 39 for me, trying to check if that's already multiplied or if it needs multiplying.

Many thanks for that, i think you're the only person i've found that has updated info for DR.

MrPix's FOV calc says it has to x2 the result you get, then also references that it already does that for you, either way, it's a little confusing as it's suggesting a result of 39 for me, trying to check if that's already multiplied or if it needs multiplying.
Thanks for your reply and the information, MaDMaXX.
MrPix's FOV Calc is very useful, and it tells us the "theoretical FOV value".
In my personal experience, each title has its own "sense of perspective", and the ideal in-game FOV value depends on that title.
So, "Calculate the theoretical FOV value by using MrPix's FOV Calc, => then based on that value, tweak it to the ideal one that feels natural in-game" might be the best way (as you already described).
To find the best FOV is always an interesting topic in Sim Racing. :)

Ha, absolutely, i found that the actual value fell between two, i set to the higher, felt good, except the slow speeds felt *too* slow, so bumping it essentially 1.5 in game notches to 0.4 from the theoretical feels great. It's ever stopped me sub consciously leaning forward during play Vs my previous setting of 0.7-0.8

Ha, absolutely, i found that the actual value fell between two, i set to the higher, felt good, except the slow speeds felt *too* slow, so bumping it essentially 1.5 in game notches to 0.4 from the theoretical feels great. It's ever stopped me sub consciously leaning forward during play Vs my previous setting of 0.7-0.8
Thank you, MaDMaXX.
I always do almost the same. :)

Hello.
I uploaded the default "cameras.xml" files (all cars) for those who want to restore the default camera settings.
(Thanks to John Almqvist for the suggestion.)

*** Download ***
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ht60zh9w1sclfbt/DiRT+Rally+Default+Camera+files10_03_2016.7z

Please copy & paste "cameras.xml" file(s) to the following directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally\cars\models\(each car folder)

About "which car is which folder", please refer to the following thread.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/dirt-rally-cars-tracks-folder-names-list.104727/

Thank you. :)

Last edited:

Please edit your favorite cameras. There are no shortcuts in modding. :)

Any help on what parameters change what? I am almost clueless to when I change something, as to what it actually does, some don't seem to affect anything that is noticeable.

Maybe this is taboo to ask a moder what he has in his head :whistling:

There are not so many parameters we have to edit.
Basically, we need to edit the following 3 points.

- Base Camera Position
- FOV Range
- Seat Adjustment Range

Last edited:
So...update coming up ? :p
Im sure Tommy is working on it. ;)
Thanks for your support.
As pargiNOS said (and knows ;)), I'm working on the update.
But this time, I have to start from scratch for all 7 new cars. And I'm not sure how long it takes.
Hopefully, I want to release the update until early next week (or this weekend if possible).
I'll focus on it. Please give me some time.
Thank you. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea