Conversions from sims to rFactor

Ive given up with the whole idea compressed textures and just want to move on to somthing else so I took the easy way out and used the files Finno has given me, only difference is ive removed all trees and shrubs from the scn and Ive kept the flag men even though they dont work. So once again many thanks Finno, This track was a headache.
View attachment 688209

All that's left now is to do the cameras.
Hi, Gulag!

Anyway, sailor, you really circled the whole planet, behind your crazy trees, almost hit the Strait of Gibraltar, but finally ended up returning to the calm Mediterranean waters of Morocco, welcome!!

They, the trees, have always been their problems: collisions and lags; they had to be felled, I'm sorry...:( If you think the circuit has become empty, look for other trees from other circuits that you are sure do not have lags, of course, and apply them to the circuit through 3dsimed, but I guarantee that the work will be hard...:confused: Note: I removed palm trees and trees, no shrubs. I don't have any more lag, but since you said you still have some, I recommend you remove even more trees... The important thing, at the end of the day, is to have a track where you can run; The scenery is the icing on the cake, but if it's getting in the way of the race, it's not worth keeping it just for being pretty, is it?!

Man, I didn't send you anything other than what you sent me... With the exception of the Shadow object, all the conversion is yours; congratulations to you for the work!:) The only things I did was cut down the trees and organize the GDB and SCN files that were even functional, but there were some errors, so I insist on saying that you should study both files, compared to yours, so as not to make these mistakes again... the SCN mostly, where you doubled all the commands... in fact, there were two SCNs within the same file; check this. There were no conflicts in that, I don't even know why, but there could have been and could have been, but above possible conflicts, it made it very difficult to load the game...

Finally, I wouldn't insist on the men with the flags... they don't work and won't work in the RF system... The best thing is to look for the old traffic lights and apply them on the track, after all, in 1958, incredible as it may seem, there were already traffic lights in the world...:p

In addition, congratulations again on the excellent conversion and good luck in future projects; Any questions, do not hesitate to ask for help, but I guarantee you that the more you advance in conversions, the fewer doubts appear...:thumbsup:

See you

Last edited:
yeah it was unfortunate that trees had to go but as you said, the racing comes first. im not too bothered by it, it still feels like im racing in morocco. Yeah i know I messed up the scn quite badly, I think I once tried to update the scn via simed and accidently duplicated it. As for the flag men I think ive seen them work on other rfactor tracks, later on I might try study them on those tracks. This whole track has been big lesson, Reminder that not all rfactor track conversions are as simple as converting mts to gmt.

yeah it was unfortunate that trees had to go but as you said, the racing comes first. im not too bothered by it, it still feels like im racing in morocco. Yeah i know I messed up the scn quite badly, I think I once tried to update the scn via simed and accidently duplicated it. As for the flag men I think ive seen them work on other rfactor tracks, later on I might try study them on those tracks. This whole track has been big lesson, Reminder that not all rfactor track conversions are as simple as converting mts to gmt.
Yes... great challenges, great lessons; every track is a clue... So I even make a warning: there are circuits poorly done even and the conversion sometimes does not save what is badly done, so do not blame yourself if there are some problems that you can not get around ... As for the men with flags, for example... You may have seen them, yes, on other circuits, but with a function of simply waving the flags... this is possible, you just need to modify the animation command in 3dsimed, changing the Event for Cicle and save these objects after the new configuration, but the Event has a different way of working from the material presented by these objects and in this way as they were assembled they can not work replacing the traffic lights.

Still...

As much as I have made some changes to the GDB to correct some items, in the matter of locality, for example, it does not correspond to Morocco but to Portugal... and should be corrected, through Google Earth, for example, in order to locate Morocco and configure its correct location. Incredibly, this is functional! If you want the light and shadows that correspond to one station or another, you just need to indicate the region through the lines below, taken as an example:

Latitude = 36 // degs from Equator (range: -90 to 90, positive is Northern Hemisphere)

NorthDirection = 275 // the direction of North in degrees (range: 0 to 359)

RaceDate = July 21 // default date for the race

I think few people are aware that this is actually functional, because through the location and the dates configured on these lines, the lights and shadows present themselves differently, including the times of dawn and dusk varying according to the season to which the date is set; that's awesome!!

This post https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...s-corner-a-long-lost-website-from-isi.256994/ contains many, many information and testimonials including the creators of RF where one of them presents this information that I am passing on; It's worth checking out!

Tree A has BLEND RESULT set as Alpha Blending Transparency (can also be CHROMA), right click on object to set.

Trees B+C BLEND RESULT set as replace, this leaves ALPHA turned off. right click on object to set.

This setting is in choose object RIGHT CLICK/ COLOUR TRANSPARENCY/BLENDING

Attachments

• trees.JPG
    trees.JPG
    789.4 KB · Views: 39
Gulsg,
Whilst looking at the Alphas i noticed that the SCN file duplicated everything. So the track is actually 2 tracks, one sitting on top of the other. This is why you thought it was heavy.

Gulsg,
Whilst looking at the Alphas i noticed that the SCN file duplicated everything. So the track is actually 2 tracks, one sitting on top of the other. This is why you thought it was heavy.
Yes I know, I fixed that when removing trees from the scn, as for the alphas thanks for your knowledge but I've moved on working on the textures, main focus now is cameras, ill give the alphas another go after cameras. Many thanks

Yes I know, I fixed that when removing trees from the scn, as for the alphas thanks for your knowledge but I've moved on working on the textures, main focus now is cameras, ill give the alphas another go after cameras. Many thanks
Hi, Gulag!

So, until I'm liking Ain Diab; as I said earlier, I don't really like this type of circuit, but it turned out that it reminded me of the first circuit I ran virtually on the first gaming console I had: ATARI! I remember this circuit more or less that way, with big straights and high corners for the most part; anyway, I'm liked, yes!

Well, being so, I've been doing some practice and racing and I've observed that the AIs were doing some corners a little slower than they should, thus creating very easy overtaking points... I then made a few small tweaks to the AIW so that they, the AI, would gain a little more agility in these curves. It didn't get much better, but it did get a little better, yes.

And the cameras were bothering me a lot and, even without great experience in the subject, I was able to improve this as well: I changed some positions of some of them, worked better the FOV and added two more cameras to the circuit, because it is quite extensive and there was this need for at least two more cameras; I still think it can be even more.

I am then sending the link of the two files and hope they are useful.

Just to make it easier for anyone who ventures into CAM settings, I'm posting the shortcuts that modify those settings; they can be found when the camera is triggered on the key of the letter h on the keyboard, but it is difficult to memorize these shortcuts and to be all the time activating the h key is something that bothers me, so I worked with the image of the shortcuts and the AIW editor open at the same time and this made it much easier for terefa; is the tip.

HELP_CAM.jpg

OriginalCAM.jpg

CurrentCAM.jpg

Hugs

here it is:
Only problem is with those last couple of cameras, i couldnt get the height right because I couldnt see how high those cameras were when I use the HP button. But even still im very happy with the cameras now.
Wow, man, yes, it was amazing!!

I liked it and I liked it a lot! I didn't even notice anything about the height that was in trouble; All very well done! I really believed that with more cameras the work could get better; The only two I added weren't enough and I knew it.

Anyway, congratulations on the great work; Now I have these cameras of yours as my official circuit cameras, and if one day I need some work with cameras in another circuit, I already know who I will look for to help me: you; pure talent!!

Thanks for posting
Hugs

Tree A has BLEND RESULT set as Alpha Blending Transparency (can also be CHROMA), right click on object to set.

Trees B+C BLEND RESULT set as replace, this leaves ALPHA turned off. right click on object to set.

This setting is in choose object RIGHT CLICK/ COLOUR TRANSPARENCY/BLENDING
OK ive tested it out on the pedestrian bridge at the start of the track and tried to copy the settings you had in the image youve showed me and tried Alpha Blending Transparency, Alpha Chroma and replace. I couldn't get it to look like what you showed, the alpha would not go away.
alpha test-min.PNG

Anyways with how many trees, bushes and other objects, there are on the map, I wouldn't go around and change the blending settings of all of them, I am quite satisfied with the version with no trees as it does what it needs to do.

OK ive tested it out on the pedestrian bridge at the start of the track and tried to copy the settings you had in the image youve showed me and tried Alpha Blending Transparency, Alpha Chroma and replace. I couldn't get it to look like what you showed, the alpha would not go away.View attachment 689046
Anyways with how many trees, bushes and other objects, there are on the map, I wouldn't go around and change the blending settings of all of them, I am quite satisfied with the version with no trees as it does what it needs to do.
Occasionally I still work in Ain Diab... I put Traffic lights and I'm sending it to if you want to try it. To do this, use the following configuration in the SCN:
{
Instance=startlight
{
MeshFile=stlite.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(dynamic,solid,256,256)
MeshFile=stlite01.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
}
Instance=pitlightout
{
MeshFile=ptlit01.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(dynamic,solid,64,64)
}
Instance=pitlightin
{
MeshFile=ptlit02.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(dynamic,solid,64,64)
}

Note that I can even use the same names as the F1C, stlite e ptlit, objects traffic lights, but not the Instance lines, because the RF standard uses these commands, okay?!

I also improved one more curve in the AIW and the AIs gained a few tenths more, but I still think it can improve even more; I'm sending this AIW as well.

View attachment 689070
Cool, not historically accurate but it works wich is the most important thing. I those models and textures into a new mas file called AinDianLights just to clean things up.
That's true... in fact, the starts were made through the flags even and with the drivers out of the cars, just like the movie Ford vs Ferrari, right?! But, in the practice of the game, this is not feasible, so the best thing for us, the players, is to have the traffic lights; do what?! Good you liked it! Good idea to produce a MAS file for this; it is more organized and perfectly functional!

Do you have any idea what new project you're going to work on? Will present the news!

Hugs

I was working on turning Avus 67 into the 1959 layout, not converting anything just modifying an already existing rfactor track, I know luigi70 was working on one according to this forum https://wookey.forumotion.com/t710-...02-by-oversteer-eric-bourgouin-various-others but I don't know what's happening with it anymore, regardless If there is one out there already or not I want to modify this track for practice as I have plans later on to do something ambitious like make an historically accurate 1973-1975 monaco using monaco 79.

Heres what ive already done
1692705984791.png

The red line is the 1967 layout, The blue line is the 1959 layout. Ive already added a wall to stop cars going straight on. All that's left to do is modify the racing line in AIW, and sort out an issue I have where it seems to conflicting with avus 67 when trying to load it in rfactor wich is probably caused by some silly error by me.

I was working on turning Avus 67 into the 1959 layout, not converting anything just modifying an already existing rfactor track, I know luigi70 was working on one according to this forum https://wookey.forumotion.com/t710-...02-by-oversteer-eric-bourgouin-various-others but I don't know what's happening with it anymore, regardless If there is one out there already or not I want to modify this track for practice as I have plans later on to do something ambitious like make an historically accurate 1973-1975 monaco using monaco 79.

Heres what ive already done
View attachment 689116
The red line is the 1967 layout, The blue line is the 1959 layout. Ive already added a wall to stop cars going straight on. All that's left to do is modify the racing line in AIW, and sort out an issue I have where it seems to conflicting with avus 67 when trying to load it in rfactor wich is probably caused by some silly error by me.
Hi, Gulag!

Is... the project is large; I hope you get that, but to make that kind of change in the curve, I think you have to change the wp_pos and not just change the curve, with the wp_patch... anyway, I've already changed wp_pos for minor fixes manually, since I don't see this option on the G422, but, as I said, they were minor fixes, small route deviations, their deviation is quite large and if the work is done manually, changing point by point, both on the X and Y axis, I believe in a rather arduous task, But anyway, maybe I'll have to learn something from you if you know how to do it in a simpler way; I see it as a big problem...

As for the track not opening... Go researching what you know and maybe you can find the problem, but if you don't, you can send me the work I try to see if I think, okay?!

Good luck!

Hugs

I have changed the racing line to work with the new track changes, but I have no idea how it will be until I can get the track to load which I'm still unable to find what the problem. Everything is named avus1959 instead of avus1967.

When i have both avus1967 and my avus1959 in the game files, in rfactor it only shows avus1959 but from the images its avus1967. I load up the track anyways, the bar at the bottom fills up completely but nothing happens, only way for me to exit rfactor is to turn of my laptop.
If I remove avus67 from the game files and just have avus 59 you cannot find it in game.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back