Conversions from sims to rFactor

OK I have an idea to solve the problem, I merge the wing object and the body object to make 1 new object, but I dont know how to merge objects. Ive tried taking the body and adding the wing by going primitives -> add object, exported it as a new object, open it up but its just only the body, It doesnt work. How do i merge objects?
In 3dsimed, once you have positioned the wings where you want them to be, you explode the objects in EDIT/EXPLODE ALL and save as MODEL DATA, giving the name of the body of the object (original name of the body of the car), thus eliminating the wings... but don't forget, of course, to remove the name of these wings from the GEN and Spinner files, right?!

Try exploding objects then save
It works, I didn't think explode would do it, I thought it would do the opposite, thanks I have finally made progress today.
However one small problem, the tires have shifted forwards now, strangely the spinner model is fine even though I did the exact same things to it, I will review that.
1693469050026.png

Looking at the gen files the main difference I see is the the spinner has the suspension included as in the body object instead as objects on thier own, so my thinking is that there is some sort of connection between the suspension and tires, so if I merge the suspension to the body maybe the tires will be in the right place.
1693470849878.png

It didn't work

Last edited:
It works, I didn't think explode would do it, I thought it would do the opposite, thanks I have finally made progress today.
However one small problem, the tires have shifted forwards now, strangely the spinner model is fine even though I did the exact same things to it, I will review that.
View attachment 691232
Looking at the gen files the main difference I see is the the spinner has the suspension included as in the body object instead as objects on thier own, so my thinking is that there is some sort of connection between the suspension and tires, so if I merge the suspension to the body maybe the tires will be in the right place.
View attachment 691239
It didn't work

Hi Gullag, how are you?!

It's been a long time since we've spoken, a sign that your projects are going well, right?!

I hadn't even seen that last post of yours... Were you able to solve this?

Man, I remember you wanted to put a flag to start your races in the past decades, in the twentieth century... At the time I even thought about trying something, but for me it was impossible and you even said that you had seen something like this, but I had only seen the flags in the cycle settings and not in event... Well, I don't know if you were able to find what you wanted, but I did a fully functional object for the start... I didn't do it, I found it on one of the tracks I downloaded and remembered you.

I'm sending you the whole track again, with the flag at the start already set up and without the start lights, however I kept the pitlane lights. I'm sending you the entire track because, in addition to having changed some settings in the SCN because of this new object and having also inserted its textures and the objects themselves, I also reconfigured the entire terrain, because there were no shadows in all areas, except on the asphalt when, at the time, I had made an object to generate shadows on the asphalt – this object is still present in the MAS file, But it is no longer useful, because I was also able to put shadows on the asphalt without the need for such an object to be present.

I know the project is old, but I think it's worth improving, I'm always updating and improving my old projects and it's worth sending you, especially that if you still didn't get the flag object to start, now you'll have it to put in other projects, right?!

Well, I'm putting the link here, but if any moderator takes it down, because I'm breaking a rule by posting the link here, feel free to contact me privately and I'll resend it to you.

FlagmanStarting.jpg

Hugs

Yes it has been a long time since we have spoken, I have been keeping a bit busy with projects.

I still haven't solved the issue regarding the 1968 mod, I haven't touched that project in months. I know there is a race by race version of it existing for it for F1C but I think its part of that F1CVB all season mod thing and I don't have the space to download and install 100gbs of mods at the moment. Ill leave this project for later on down the line, probably next 1 or 2 years.

I've created race by race grids of the F1 1972 and 1971 mods by adding in missing drivers and mixing up parts of cars to get versions of them that raced that year which also bypasses the upgrades system so you could run any version of cars on any track.

And the last project I've been working on which I just took a break from is trying to complete the Touring Car Legends TCL mod by adding in missing cars by converting them from GTR2. So far I've converted Cars like the R30 and R32 Skyline, Ford Capri, Vw Golf and several others. There are still plenty of more cars to convert, after once that's done then there's allot of research and skinning needed to complete the Group A era of Touring Cars as much as I can.
This is probably going to be a year long project. I don't even know why I bother because I will never be able to publicly release it.

But that's what I've been upto, I haven't done any work on tracks since Avus 1959.

Anyways I've tried the updates you have made, I am happy with the flag man at the start, The bridge or stand he is on does feel a little low but it suits the time period that this race took place as compared to the lights. Also I've noticed that many of the details are back like the trees and spectators which does give me allot of lag when racing so I still stick to my older version without these details but maybe when I have free time to work on this project again I will try add that flag man as well as the newer shadows to my lower detailed scn. Maybe my scn can become like the FPS or Low Spec version of the track like I see some tracks do.

Many thanks for your work.
Cheers

Yes it has been a long time since we have spoken, I have been keeping a bit busy with projects.

I still haven't solved the issue regarding the 1968 mod, I haven't touched that project in months. I know there is a race by race version of it existing for it for F1C but I think its part of that F1CVB all season mod thing and I don't have the space to download and install 100gbs of mods at the moment. Ill leave this project for later on down the line, probably next 1 or 2 years.

I've created race by race grids of the F1 1972 and 1971 mods by adding in missing drivers and mixing up parts of cars to get versions of them that raced that year which also bypasses the upgrades system so you could run any version of cars on any track.

And the last project I've been working on which I just took a break from is trying to complete the Touring Car Legends TCL mod by adding in missing cars by converting them from GTR2. So far I've converted Cars like the R30 and R32 Skyline, Ford Capri, Vw Golf and several others. There are still plenty of more cars to convert, after once that's done then there's allot of research and skinning needed to complete the Group A era of Touring Cars as much as I can.
This is probably going to be a year long project. I don't even know why I bother because I will never be able to publicly release it.

But that's what I've been upto, I haven't done any work on tracks since Avus 1959.

Anyways I've tried the updates you have made, I am happy with the flag man at the start, The bridge or stand he is on does feel a little low but it suits the time period that this race took place as compared to the lights. Also I've noticed that many of the details are back like the trees and spectators which does give me allot of lag when racing so I still stick to my older version without these details but maybe when I have free time to work on this project again I will try add that flag man as well as the newer shadows to my lower detailed scn. Maybe my scn can become like the FPS or Low Spec version of the track like I see some tracks do.

Many thanks for your work.
Cheers
Hi, Gullag!

It's bad when we can't solve something... It's very annoying! Unfortunately, I can't help too much with this cars thing, as I really invest more in track tasks.

I don't quite understand when you say that you will "never" post your works... I feel that you do a thorough research job and assemble your works with propriety and there are many aficionados of this type of material, so I believe it would be interesting to think about one day exposing this to the RF community, no?!

Well... As for the material I sent you, there are still problems. The arm on which he is with the flag, for example, is invisible in training... If you look at it well you will see that, so I strategically placed it with the left side, facing the cars on the grid, if it is on the other side, you notice the absence of the arm. In the race itself, the arm and flag only appear when the countdown begins, but if you restart the start the arm and flag are already present... Anyway, I didn't find a way to control it, but I think it was already an evolution for what you were looking for. As for the height... It's a matter of lifting the objects, but, in any case, the visualization of this flag for the last cars on the grid is pretty bad... in short, precariousness of ancient times...

As for the SCN, just a few comments:

. I didn't change the presentation I sent you the first time about the trees or audience, I didn't add them now, they were always present. The trees that I initially removed to settle the initial lag problem were still left out in this new presentation.

. The shadows that I applied now on the terrains were not settings in the SCN but settings in the Specular RGB and Emissive RGB colors of the objects themselves that were blank and, therefore, no shadows were seen in these objects, for this reason I ended up reassembling the MAS files, especially AinDiab.MAS, because there would be many loose objects in the folder which would generate a lot of mess.

In addition, I wish success to your projects and in whatever I can help I am always willing, you know.

Hugs

Yeah I really should think about publicly releasing some of my work. Problem is I don't keep track of what's original, what's changed and by who so crediting people may be a bit of a headache and reaching out to the original owners may be a headache.
I really don't want to anger anyone, Its one of the things I fear.

Yeah I really should think about publicly releasing some of my work. Problem is I don't keep track of what's original, what's changed and by who so crediting people may be a bit of a headache and reaching out to the original owners may be a headache.
I really don't want to anger anyone, Its one of the things I fear.
You're not without a point, in part... After all, some may think they have rights to something, but honestly, I think that's silly... Most people only do these tasks as a hobby, you don't make money from it, just the satisfaction of producing something so that everyone can have fun, so much so that many authors don't even sign their works – which I even think is unfortunate, after all, receiving credit for something that was produced is the only little return that someone can receive; I am in favour of subscriptions! And it would be easier for everyone, as the credits would be easier to present on any changes that were made. I posted about five converted leads, but only one was signed and it was easier to ask for permission since I knew who to look for... However, the others that were unsigned, I simply posted without giving any credit and that's it; Do what?! If the author had no interest in presenting himself, I think he lost the right to complain about something, right?! But, anyway, everyone has their own way of thinking and I respect that; Let's get going!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back