Conversions from sims to rFactor

I have changed the racing line to work with the new track changes, but I have no idea how it will be until I can get the track to load which I'm still unable to find what the problem. Everything is named avus1959 instead of avus1967.

When i have both avus1967 and my avus1959 in the game files, in rfactor it only shows avus1959 but from the images its avus1967. I load up the track anyways, the bar at the bottom fills up completely but nothing happens, only way for me to exit rfactor is to turn of my laptop.
If I remove avus67 from the game files and just have avus 59 you cannot find it in game.
Hi, Gulag!

1. What happens in the freeze when trying to load the track, I can not give you any hint, since it can be anything and I would have to have the files to be able to investigate why this is; If you can give me both versions, 67 and 58, I can try to understand.

2 .As for not appearing the name of the track in the list, however, there is a procedure to be done, follow the steps:
  • Remove the folders from the tracks (58 and 67) of locations;
  • If any, delete the HAT files (both, 58 and 67) corresponding to track tracking in the LOG folder
  • Load the Rf without the clues (this is very important, load the game without any previous trace of the clues in the game, as if they had never entered the game system including also deleting the svm files!)
  • Put the track (58, which is your ultimate goal) back in places and open the Rf again and make sure it's on the list; if it's not... Go back to the studies of why this could be happening, reviewing all the files, or go to item 1, described above: Pass me both versions for me to try to understand by reviewing the files personally, because the thing is very comprehensive and can be anything, just seeing even...

Last edited:
I removed the only .hat I've found avus67, there wasn't one for avus59. Didnt see any svm files even though there are svm files being referenced in the gdb. I even removed the settings folder for both tracks. Ran the game without both tracks as you said, inserted just avus1959 into the game and ran again, could still not find it in game menu.

So I guess my problem is now yours. Have fun

I removed the only .hat I've found avus67, there wasn't one for avus59. Didnt see any svm files even though there are svm files being referenced in the gdb. I even removed the settings folder for both tracks. Ran the game without both tracks as you said, inserted just avus1959 into the game and ran again, could still not find it in game menu.

So I guess my problem is now yours. Have fun
Hi, Gulag!

Unfortunately, I couldn't have much fun... the problem is quite simple to solve: in Avus1959.GDB, first line: Avus1959 in place of Avus1967; Simple as that.

The tricky thing is you make the detour with the efficiency that it will deserve... As the track opened, I had the opportunity to see your work on AIW and, as I said, you're going to have to change all the wp_pos of the region you want to change, and you're going to have to do it manually... the AIs are even swerving where you want them to deviate, but then their tendency, no matter how much you've opened the curve, is for them to seek to get closer to wp_pos... So you have to take those wp_pos close to the center line you created, you know?! This work, as I said earlier, is an arduous and complicated task... I've done this in minor deviations, but the one you propose is quite complicated; good luck with that "So I guess my problem is now yours. Have fun":roflmao:

Last edited:
Yep I had a feeling it was some stupid mistake by me hiding under my nose. Sorry about that. As for the aiw, I thought I could get away with not moving the wp_pos because moving them move all the track edges lines in the editor plus its tedious manually editing coordinates. If it becomes too much I know I have another more advanced editor where I can edit it in game but problem is its doesn't work on windows 10 so i have to bring out my old windows 7 laptop to do that. Thanks for the help

Yep I had a feeling it was some stupid mistake by me hiding under my nose. Sorry about that. As for the aiw, I thought I could get away with not moving the wp_pos because moving them move all the track edges lines in the editor plus its tedious manually editing coordinates. If it becomes too much I know I have another more advanced editor where I can edit it in game but problem is its doesn't work on windows 10 so i have to bring out my old windows 7 laptop to do that. Thanks for the help
Man, problem is problem... some are complicated and others, as you yourself said, are under our nose and we simply don't see it; This happens to anyone, let's move on!

Really, the problem of opening the curve you want to make, it's complicated, yes... I've had a task like this, in the days of F1C, but I even managed to accomplish it because the deviation I promoted was much smaller than that and, even so, it was very complicated, so I don't even dare to try to help you in this; It's not impossible, but it's complicated... And particularly, I don't think the circuit is worth that much work... Honestly, for those who play online maybe it can even be fun, but offline is simply a rather dull circuit... Just as AinDiab himself is to me... I even liked this circuit (Ain) more because, as I said, it reminded me of my ATARI days, but honestly, I've gotten sick; I like more short circuits and with alternating low and high corners where we can apply different techniques and program an AI to have a good race, with difficult overtaking... Anyway, as you are traveling in time, your proposal is more where you have to walk and, in this regard, there is no choice.

Let me know about your AIW; Curious if your more advanced editor will work for the complicated task... And even more curious I am as to your editor being more advanced, but only works with win7 which is less advanced than win10 ... craziest thing!:whistling:

Well i just want point out its not my editor, I believe its an official editor by ISI.
Here is a picture of it I found on internet
advanced editor-min.jpg

OK ive managed to move the waypoints using the windows 7 editor. Its very time consuming, have to hold shift and arrow keys to move them and they move very slowly. But now AI can use this new layout.
20230824_165623.jpg

Then went I fined tuned the racing line using the other editor, here's what it looks like now.
1692859866757.png

You can see I should've put more way points to make smoother curve but I didn't want to play around too much with win7 editor, it can be quite unforgiving if I press the wrong key or make a mistake.

Last edited:
OK ive managed to move the waypoints using the windows 7 editor. Its very time consuming, have to hold shift and arrow keys to move them and they move very slowly. But now AI can use this new layout.
View attachment 689516

Then went I fined tuned the racing line using the other editor, here's what it looks like now.
View attachment 689522
You can see I should've put more way points to make smoother curve but I didn't want to play around too much with win7 editor, it can be quite unforgiving if I press the wrong key or make a mistake.
Man, congratulations!

Great work; Achieving amazing goals!!

Hugs
keymap.jpg

Hi, Gulag!

I'm sorry, but I hadn't seen a detail of the G422 until then... You can change the wp_pos in it yes, see the image of the map of the shortcuts.

In fact, when I needed to change the wp_pos of the work I said I did, there were few wp_pos I had to change and I could do it quietly by manually changing the axle numbers, so I didn't even look to see a faster way to do it... and now I was doing a job in the pits and I needed to see the shortcuts in HELP and I ended up seeing that... sorry to lead you to believe that this would not be possible in G422.

Last edited:
Man, congratulations!

Great work; Achieving amazing goals!!

Hugs
View attachment 689545
Hi, Gulag!

I'm sorry, but I hadn't seen a detail of the G422 until then... You can change the wp_pos in it yes, see the image of the map of the shortcuts.

In fact, when I needed to change the wp_pos of the work I said I did, there were few wp_pos I had to change and I could do it quietly by manually changing the axle numbers, so I didn't even look to see a faster way to do it... and now I was doing a job in the pits and I needed to see the shortcuts in HELP and I ended up seeing that... sorry to lead you to believe that this would not be possible in G422.
Yeah that's for the G422 editor, I dont have problems moving waypoints in that editor, only problem is that that moving waypoints messes up with the track edges and its not easy to visualize where you are moving them to, I think in future when moving waypoints I will use the old isi editor. G422 editor is better for small changes like racing line.

Ive been going nuts the last few days modifying an already existing f1 1968 mod adding in missing drivers and missing variants of cars to try get as close to an historically accurate race by race season as I possibly can however I have ran into a problem wich I have little understanding of. I have spent the whole day adding wings to car models from other teams and modifying thier position, scale, rotation and textures, in the model in 3dsimed it all looks as its should but when I load up the cars in game they are in different places than in 3dsimed. I could just keep manually adjust the positioning and load up the game until I get it right but that will take a very long time, There must be a better way.
Here is one of the many examples of the issue I have described.

Front wings in 3Dsimed
wings in 3dsimed.PNG

How the front wings looks in game
wings in game.PNG

Graphics gen File
graphics gen file.PNG

Spinner gen File
spinner gen file.PNG

Ive been going nuts the last few days modifying an already existing f1 1968 mod adding in missing drivers and missing variants of cars to try get as close to an historically accurate race by race season as I possibly can however I have ran into a problem wich I have little understanding of. I have spent the whole day adding wings to car models from other teams and modifying thier position, scale, rotation and textures, in the model in 3dsimed it all looks as its should but when I load up the cars in game they are in different places than in 3dsimed. I could just keep manually adjust the positioning and load up the game until I get it right but that will take a very long time, There must be a better way.
Here is one of the many examples of the issue I have described.

Front wings in 3Dsimed
View attachment 690461
How the front wings looks in game
View attachment 690462
Graphics gen File
View attachment 690463
Spinner gen File
View attachment 690464
Hi, Gulag!

Sorry, but I can't find something to help you... I didn't see anything in the images that would give me any clues about a problem... As I do not mix mods in my game, I will not be able to help you even if you send me the car...

As a tip, I just suggest you make wing positioning comparisons with some other car that is working well... Put both wings on the 3Dsimed and see the placements of both... if there is any difference, place the problem wing in the same position as the wing without problems; then check in the game how it looked... Even if it seems to be in the wrong position, with respect to the car, try to see if in the game it presents itself correctly.

When checking the position coordinates of a working wing and problem wing its hard, it will always show as 0,0,0.

I've tried moving away from the car to see if it will work
1693214162495.png

the wing in game remains in the same position. So no matter where I move the wing in 3dsimed, nothing changes in game, very strange.

When checking the position coordinates of a working wing and problem wing its hard, it will always show as 0,0,0.

I've tried moving away from the car to see if it will work
View attachment 690486
the wing in game remains in the same position. So no matter where I move the wing in 3dsimed, nothing changes in game, very strange.
Yes... Mysteries...

If the wing insists on always staying in the same position, even if you put it in absurdly wrong positions, for example, it is because perhaps the game is reading another wing that has the same name... you can check this in some MAS files... see if there's another wing with the same name... also check the addresses that they are correctly routed within the GEN, HDV and VEH files... It's time for you to review everything you've done, regardless of the work on 3DSimed...

Yes... Mysteries...

If the wing insists on always staying in the same position, even if you put it in absurdly wrong positions, for example, it is because perhaps the game is reading another wing that has the same name... you can check this in some MAS files... see if there's another wing with the same name... also check the addresses that they are correctly routed within the GEN, HDV and VEH files... It's time for you to review everything you've done, regardless of the work on 3DSimed...
Ive checked, there is no wing with the same name in another mas file, the veh file is using the correct gen file, the correct object is specified in the gen file.

I think it might be something to do with how objects cordinates in 3dsimed are always at 0,0,0
The wing in the middle of the air in game might be 0,0,0. So when I change an objects coordinates using translate, save it and add to mas and open it up again its 0,0,0 even though visually its not 0,0,0. rfactor reads this and sets the objects at 0,0,0?
This is just a thought

OK ive took the same wing but before I made changes to it to try find where things went wrong.
First is just put it in the mas and gen file, in game the wing is in the same place as 3dsimed.
Next i moved the wing forward in 3dsimed, put it in the mas, load game and the wing did not move to where ive set it to.
Next Ive decreased the x scale from 1 to 0.5, load up game and the wing is smaller as it should be. There is no problem with scale.
For the last test I changed the pitch of the wings, in game the wing is floating in mid air just like the image I showed earlier. The problem seems to be the pivot point when rotating the model on its own.
After centering the model and pivot point to 0,0,0, I changed the pitch of the model again, update the mas, and finally the location of the wings in game matches up to where 3dsimed says it is. Now Im gona play around with it some more to see if it still matches up.

EDIT: moving the wing around again and once again its not matching up again.

Last edited:
OK ive took the same wing but before I made changes to it to try find where things went wrong.
First is just put it in the mas and gen file, in game the wing is in the same place as 3dsimed.
Next i moved the wing forward in 3dsimed, put it in the mas, load game and the wing did not move to where ive set it to.
Next Ive decreased the x scale from 1 to 0.5, load up game and the wing is smaller as it should be. There is no problem with scale.
For the last test I changed the pitch of the wings, in game the wing is floating in mid air just like the image I showed earlier. The problem seems to be the pivot point when rotating the model on its own.
After centering the model and pivot point to 0,0,0, I changed the pitch of the model again, update the mas, and finally the location of the wings in game matches up to where 3dsimed says it is. Now Im gona play around with it some more to see if it still matches up.

EDIT: moving the wing around again and once again its not matching up again.
Hi, Gulag!

I'm kind of confused... Did you get the wings the way you wanted and then changed them again and they didn't stay where you wanted them to?

I hadn't noticed that there was a change in the pivot in the TAG settings and you hadn't mentioned anything about that item either... see, I only apply pivot values, whether in X, Y, or Z, when I want to give animation motion to some object... as examples: car steering wheel, tires, balloons, zeppelin, helicopters, boats, Ferris wheels and etc. But when an object is static, such as the wings, the pivots are at 0,0,0. But anyway, I don't know if that would be the problem... anyway, it's hard to tell what's going on with your wings...

Hi, Gulag!

I'm kind of confused... Did you get the wings the way you wanted and then changed them again and they didn't stay where you wanted them to?

I hadn't noticed that there was a change in the pivot in the TAG settings and you hadn't mentioned anything about that item either... see, I only apply pivot values, whether in X, Y, or Z, when I want to give animation motion to some object... as examples: car steering wheel, tires, balloons, zeppelin, helicopters, boats, Ferris wheels and etc. But when an object is static, such as the wings, the pivots are at 0,0,0. But anyway, I don't know if that would be the problem... anyway, it's hard to tell what's going on with your wings...
Im not trying to get the wings where I wanted them, I am playing around with the wings in the editor and comparing them to how it looks in game. Sorry for the confusion.

OK I have an idea to solve the problem, I merge the wing object and the body object to make 1 new object, but I dont know how to merge objects. Ive tried taking the body and adding the wing by going primitives -> add object, exported it as a new object, open it up but its just only the body, It doesnt work. How do i merge objects?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back