DiRT 2 Colin McRae: DiRT 2

I got one already ...
Hello Lee, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. We appreciate your feedback regarding the pricing in Steam. Being able to accept multiple currencies through Steam has been a feature that many of our users have been waiting for. We are always working with publishers to adjust prices to be in line with what you would find at local retailers and online shops. We are unable to allow users to purchase in other currencies that are not already listed on your local Steam Store. If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.
... yeah yeah ... whatever!

Hey ... if I don't get it free, what if I got a mate in the UK to buy this for me as a gift, then I paypal them the money ... would that work?? (eh Nige?? :wink2:)

I got to say this game is a revelation to me since RBR and CMR 1 or 2, cant even remember, the ffbs are right there, immediatly like in Simbin's, even online one can force cockpit view to get rid of all the crash kids.
It holds everything of what Shift promised

11GB :eek: ... damn I hope I get the DVD with my new card :p

Well ... I is proper loving the demo and can see many a enjoyably wasted evening devoured by sideways mud chomping fun ... so if I don't get it free, I will very likely be calling on someone in the family to buy me a nice little Christmas pressie :thumb:

• Teddie

Close cams coming for DiRT 2

I'm trying to create some close cams for DiRT 2 like I did for GRID. I've got the camera files converted from bin to txt, but I'm not sure which directories are for which cars. I assumed the sti folder was for the first car (sub sti), but through my testing, I'm not sure that is the case... If someone knows what car folders are for what cars, I'd love it if you'd provide your knowledge.

• Teddie

I cannot change my player name, anyone else has the same?

Unplug your steering wheel, reload the game and edit your profile. You should be able to do it if your wheel is disconnected. Then save your profile, shut the game down, reload the game and set up your steering wheel again...

I've managed to work around the XP64 bug so hopefully I can give this a proper trial now.

BTW if anyone else is experiencing the same problem with XP64 and GFWL you need to uninstall the GFWL version that Dirt 2 installs and find an older version - v. 3.0.86.0 from the M$ site.

I'm loving this game, had some great races online with the NSSR crew, this gets my racing game of the year vote! Defo not a sim game but still great fun!

Agreed with you on that Dan, first non sim game that I've enjoyed for ages. Great graphics and sound and some of the attention to detail is great - tyre flex, driveshafts spinning, double sided brake glow, proper suspension movement including spring compression, real time environment maps, 3d sound, damage, water effects and dirt effects. Nothing beats Battersea Rallycross at night in an RS200 :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.