Colin McRae: DiRT 2

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Bram Hengeveld, May 29, 2009.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld pןǝʌǝbuǝɥ ɯɐɹq sɐ ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ uı uʍouʞ osןɐ Premium

2. Peter Duivelaar

Peter Duivelaar Licensed

Awesome graphics! Now let's hope the physics are also good.
  3. DiRT 2 E3 Gameplay Video

Here is the first gameplay trailer from Codemaster's DiRT 2. Even though it doesn't really have a lot of gameplay, it still does show us some of what is to expect from the game.

Also you can check out an interview/gameplay video featured on PlayStation's Qore episode series here.

Don't forget to join the never ending DiRT 2 discussions in the forums.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5aYjn-em_0[/ame]
  4. Bram Hengeveld

As always it looks incredible again. Codemasters know how to present it!
  5. DiRT 2 PC version delayed, waiting for DirectX11

Codemasters has announced that the PC version of DiRT 2 will be delayed unlike its counterparts on the consoles, because they would like to incorporate the new DirectX 11 technology and performance enhancing features into the game.

“While the console editions of Colin McRae: DiRT 2 (also on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, DS and PSP) will retain their September ship date, we believe that the DirectX 11 feature set is too compelling to ignore, especially considering how much more it can add to the visual experience for PC gamers.
    As a leader in digital racing entertainment, we are staying ahead of the pack by immediately taking advantage of new key technologies such as hardware tessellation, multi-threading and Shader Model 5.0 to deliver the most realistic, immersive and exhilirating racing experiences in the business. The fusion of DirectX 11 with Codemasters’ EGO Engine will raise the technical bar considerably in the racing genre.” – Byran Marshall, Chief technical Officer, Codemaster

In the mean time, they have posted 2 shots from the PC version to tease us till the game is published. The PC date is still unknown at this time.

Attached Files:

6. Bram Hengeveld

F1 the Game delayed, Dirt 2 delayed, am I smelling some financial trouble at Codemasters?
  7. Hope not. The console versions of Dirt are still carded for their expected release times.
  8. New GPU will be required as well, isnt it?
  9. Simon Trendell

Simon Trendell Licensed

My thoughts as well.. this means they're delaying for the small minority who may have a DX11 card at the time of release.
  10. Rob Shillito

Rob Shillito Licensed

So no one will be able to play this then apart from the rich, just like if you want to play iRacing.
  11. Jamie Rushworth

Jamie Rushworth Licensed

Should still be able to play in older DX
  12. Omer Said

Omer Said Weresloth Licensed

I hope so, but it will be really low quality :dont-know:
  13. "the most realistic, immersive and exhilirating racing experiences in the business" ...
    No.not again... ok. now i am confused.
  14. It should work with DX10.. (dumbed down) but you obv would need to win the lotto soon to get one of the newer DX11 compatible vid cards. No lies, DiRT 2 looks crazy good but I still want to see F1 2010 in HD.
  15. Bram Hengeveld

+1 but we need a long breath before it gets here
  16. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai Licensed

17. Ries Notenboom

Ries Notenboom Licensed

Looking forward to this one, gonna be a blast !
  18. Rob Shillito

Rob Shillito Licensed

More DiRT 2 Screenshots

Worthplaying have released some more screenshots of Codemasters upcoming game Dirt 2. Most of them show the rallycross class cars on one of the X-Games courses, while one of them shows the Colin Mcrae rally car concept on a "proper" rally stage.

Find more info at: http://www.dirt2game.com/

Attached Files:

19. Mark Birney

Mark Birney Licensed

Look at the 3rd pic... I thought they took Colin McRae out of the series completely after it's bold venture into the "hip" and "cool" scene.
  20. Rob Shillito

Rob Shillito Licensed

well he's always been part of their rally games and this is the first one since his death and they said they would call it Colin Mcrae Dirt 2 to honour him but that seemed to go out of the window so i guess they've included his car instead. I can see it being turned into Ken Block Rally in the future or something like that.