rF2 Caterham Superlight Team Championship (Cancelled)

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I've tried out most of the prospective mods mooted in this thread, and i think i enjoyed the dirt sprint car one the most. However this will likely be too fiddly to sort out, and due to their twitchiness would no doubt end in a massive pile-up. (unless damage % was toned down) I reckon the most viable mods talked about so far are the Legends, AE86 or Formula Vee mods, as they seem to promote close racing with less emphasis on setup.

Thread opened.

As I mentioned in some previous posts, we will not be using the official skinpack for this event.

I will however be producing a small interim pack so those of us who have got our skins together can have a test after the event has finished.

Remember - the focus of this event is testing: teamwork, driving styles, setups, teamspeak channels etc. That's why we're having short, 15 min races, and a fully reversed grid for Race 2

Name: Yann Laprevotte
Team: Privateer
Number: 33
Reserve/Guest:Yes

I'm not sure at all to be able to do the whole season, since some rounds could clash with a Live For Speed league I will take part in(it didn't announce its dates yet, but it will probably run on Fridays around November 2010/March 2011). I will keep you updated and will announce which rounds I won't be able to take part in ASAP.

Also, I don't really know if you have to be a licensed member to be allowed to sign up, but I made a request to be one earlier today.

Well, testing is the main focus, but it's only 10 minutes less than normal club events.

But - we can have a quick race after the main event while we test the skinpack out if people are up for that.

lol at our shiny helmets fnaar fnaar :) (i might ask very nicely for the helmets to be re-submitted for the league 'proper' pack without alpha channel shininess if that's ok Stu?)

Name: Wojciech Kręcki - Team Leader
Team: Simracing Poland
Number: 52

Name: Przemysław Majtyka
Team: Simracing Poland
Number: 51

We also starts in F3 league in www.simracing.pl so we cannot show up with the full squad at events on 19/11 and 3/12 (due too clash of races in pl and on RD). But I hope it's not a problem :) In near future maybe one driver will join to our team.

Edit: As you can see below - we've filled up the team :)

Czechoslovakia simracing

scaled.php

After some time, I can now present (and with pleasure) Czechoslovakia simracing skin and drivers.

Lets start with Martin Vrba (#49) , who did an amazing work on the skin - I knew that he can beat all our expectations. His absolutely great choice of colors and great emblem will for sure make our team visible on the grid. I am sure that with results too. He is in our team representing Slovakia and is with Ries the most experienced driver there.

Ries Notenboom (#79), representing the Netherlands, was invited to our team later, and with big thanks to the leadership, we are happy he can be with us. I am sure I dont have to introduce him, because he is driver from DHR (also with Martin).

The last one is me, Ondřej Kapal (#68), who comes from the Czech Republic. I am not that much experienced, but I came with this idea and got us under one roof.

All of us will do our best to make this as good as it is gonna be. Racing, stuffs around. And we wont be quiet :) We are looking forward and are excited to drive against those names. See you on the track soon!

Czechoslovakia SR

(just small note for the pic, I have not enough time right now to snap something better... this is just preview version :) thanks for understanding)

Tard Helmet Racing

grab006k.jpg

Tard Helmet Racing is pleased to announce their new livery and driver lineup for the forthcoming Race Department Caterham league. The range of characteristics and experience within the lineup is not only exciting, but championship winning. From the startline speed of Toby Davis, with the grit and determination of Jeffrey Watkins, and to the raw pace of Chris Butcher, THR present to the league the strongest lineup yet.

#0 Toby Davis
GRAB_003.jpg

As a driver, there aren't many faster in the RDCAT league, and off the line he is one of the best. Expect him to extract the maximum at all times from the Caterham, always pushing to the limit; his preference for a heel-toe, H-shift driving style means that he is also able to brake later than those who left-foot brake. However, he tends to overheat and burn up his rubber whilst he is setting fastest lap after fastest lap, and he isn't the best at driving with older tyres, but expect that not to make much difference with the durable Caterham Avons. Also tends to disappear if he drops off the frontrunners, pushing too hard to catch up tends to cause him to make mistakes. Also watch out for some very aggressive driving when racing with others, which sometimes ends in tears.

Qualifying 7/10
Race Pace 10/10
Overtaking 10/10
Consistency 4/10
Adaptibility 6/10
Mindset 8/10

#1 Chris Butcher
GRAB_023.jpg

Another very fast driver, Chris brings with him a wealth of experience in cars similar to these, and the lack of setup options should play into his hands. If there is a balance issue with the car, he will simply drive around it, retaining his blistering pace in most conditions. Just as fast at the end of a stint as at the start, if he could eradicate the little mistakes which cost him overall time, such as locking up and missing an apex, or running wide, or scraping a barrier, then Chris should be the fastest member of THR. Definitely in with a shout of the title if he can keep his nose out of trouble and doesn't let his occasional hot-headedness get to his driving standards and motivation. If he doesn't get involved in any incidents and tangles with other drivers, then he will stay motivated throughout a race. Very fast out of the box, but with some testing Chris will be in amongst the frontrunners.

Qualifying 8/10
Race Pace 9/10
Overtaking 8/10
Consistency 6/10
Adaptibility 9/10
Mindset 5/10

#9 Jeffrey Watkins
GRAB_024.jpg

The American, who resides in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, is as fast as anybody on his day. When he isn't bang on the money in terms of laptimes, he gets his head down and makes solid progress, consistenly banging in the times and cleanly overtaking people. Signed to THR on the basis of his performance in the Caterham Academy class, Jeffrey will be hoping to be solidly in the points for every race. Looks after tyres well and his sense of humour and committed mindset will mean that he is the anchor of the team, and potentially the most important member for inter-team relations.

Qualifying 5/10
Race Pace 6/10
Overtaking 7/10
Consistency 9/10
Adaptibility 7/10
Mindset 10/10

With the first non-championship race at Mexico just a few days away, THR are testing now, and look to the Hermanos-Rodriguez track as their best opportunity yet to demonstrate their front-running potential.

grab022h.jpg

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 60.2%