rF2 Caterham Superlight Team Championship (Cancelled)

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
....aaand then my internet drops and doesn't come back up and my ISP are reeeally apolgetic but they can't see a fault 'but it might be a line fault so disconnect everthing for 20 mins so the server knows you aren"t connected' and i was 0.84 up on a 52.2 best...gutted, i'll be back as soon as i can

wrighty (posting on his phone...)

I would say a successful test from my end,looks like Caterham league is in healthy shape and ready for action,and a bonus couple of brilliant races thrown in the test for good measure ;P.
No dissappearing cars or lag problems at all over both events,and the little skins "half-test" done at the end went perfect too.

Thank You Stu & RD

Technical problems destroyed any chance to start in the race. I and Goszczycki can't join to server (join timed out:/) , Majtyka has got problems with computer too :(.
Maybe in next event will be better.

Did you check the password on GPCOS? It wasn't the normal club password, the issue you were having sounds very much like a wrong password

Absolutely the least fun I've ever had in a Cat, possibly any, event.

Regretting offering to run the League, regretting my time invested to this point, massively regretting making it a team event.

edit - my issues were not about the racing, by the way.

Stu you have pm m8

I really enjoyed last night but it's clear that the established teams have a slight advantage at the moment merely due to their familiarity with each other - as the new teams develop that advantage will diminish. It may be the case that, as a Gentleman's series (as Cats was) turns into a league, some new rules or recommendations need to be introduced as a result of things seen last night (i stress this is merely supposition on my part) but that's what testing nights are for, and if rules need to be introduced during the league progress then that's fine with me.....good league racing is always a two-way thing between the organiser and the participants, not a 'them-and-us' relationship.
I've already agreed with Stu to address a couple of minor technical issues in the mod - i'd personally suggest we test again next Friday (15th) to check these so Stu can refine what needs refining.

Overall though, great cars and great racing on a great track :)

cheers chaps

Greg, drivers who are used to racing together will find bump drafting far easier to get the maximum advantage from at the start of the league. I think Michael and Gary have shown that over the past few Cat events. That will even out as the league progresses.

you tried to join via GPCOS?

Why not open rfactor and join straight through that?

I suspect that is your biggest issue.

As a side issue - don't post passwords in here. They are kept in GPCOS for a reason, and password security is mentioned in the RD rules you accepted when you applied to join.

I'm about to change it, but don't do it again, please.

you tried to join via GPCOS?

Why not open rfactor and join straight through that?

I suspect that is your biggest issue.

Yeah, isn't it something to do with the RD servers not allowing connections via direct IP input? I'm no expert on the internal workings of GPCOS but I would guess that's how the "Join Server" link works.

OK - my conclusions after the Test event, and the processes I will be putting into place are as follows:-

1. People need to read. There were loads of questions etc over TS and on chat, all of which were up on the site in various, obvious places (event thread, intro & info thread etc.)

2. Because of 1. above, come the real League events I am not going to be making myself available for questions or queries, either on TS or Chat, because I will have posted all info up already. If you want to know something, go back and re-read everything.

It is incumbent upon YOU, as an entrant, to familiarise yourself with the details.

3. Also, on the real event nights, I am just a driver, and it's unfair to me, and more importantly my teammates, to make any additional demands on my time and practice. The only thing I'll do above and beyond any other drivers is the session and grid admin. I will be in my own team's TS channel, and that's it. I may be active in the chat window, but won't be responding to questions.

4. Post-race, complaints will be handled by going to all team leaders for a vote, so i) everyone gets a say, ii) everyone knows exactly who is complaining about whom, iii) I don't get swamped with petty and trivial grievances, iv) no-one can use a closed complaints process to try and force any concessions or favouritism. Anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, of a complaining nature will go into the complaints thread for all to see, and that includes PM's to me.

Caterham Superlight Team Challenge - Complaints thread

This is where any and all complaints and related materials will go.

Any complaining PM's to me will be posted here in the spirit of full transparency.

All votes will be open, so people can see who voted for what.

APART FROM MYSELF, ONLY TEAM LEADERS CAN POST IN THIS THREAD. ANY NON TEAM LEADER POSTING IN HERE WILL FACE PENALTIES.

I am not a Team Leader, so I will not be voting.

Thread will open after Event 1.

Is a league like this going to be too 'hard' for someone like me to enter?

I normally race Minis (Every Friday when it was on at the end of last year) and come around 10th, but last, because everyone else in front of me crashes out. I am regularly around 5-7 seconds a lap slower than the pole position on a 2 minute lap circuit, but I'm pretty experienced at dealing with blue flags :)

I've tried GT-Pro cars and the suchlike and I can't handle them, just keep overdoing it in corners *grins*

I've only had rFactor for a few weeks, but have been racing in SimBin games for a year or so and before that on Console (Race Pro, Forza). I'm sure I could figure out how to load the mod and join servers with a couple of nudges after reading all the info threads here. I use TS regularly for all my gaming.

I won't stop some experienced driver getting in, that people would actually want on their teams, if the signups here are getting full. I am just looking for a regular race with people who like to race cleanly.

So - any chance of this very old fart being the right material for this league?

You'll be fine Connor. While there are some very fast people in the league, there's also a lot of slower guys too, not to mention those that forget to stay on the road :p

The setup options for the Caterham Superlights is limited, so it's pretty much get-in-and-drive, and the Cats are a lot of fun too.

Not suree how many slots are left in the league, that's a question the long-suffering Mr. Thompson will have to answer

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%