Resource icon

Cars CART Extreme 1.501

Login or Register an account to download this content
I just searched through this support section and was wondering if there are instructions posted someplace...
a) how to install (for future reference...I just guessed, looking at the file structure.)
b) how to uninstall this mod
I installed an older version and wanted to install the newest one.

***Edit...
I think I might have confused 2 different mods.

I have a folder for Cart Extreme v 1.02 (was this for rF2? or GSCE?)
Then, I have a zip file for v 1.11 (I think I might have installed this one).

Last edited:
13613392_1187749481264850_6676539720714514995_o.jpg

the rims colors is more bronze on real car. on the game its seen to be gold.

• Deleted member 130869

If you want to be picky, you can also talk about the Player's car shade of blue... and the Eagle running with the Reynard chassis. But what Nick and Dave built was and still is awesome.

Maybe is up to the lighting on the specific picture? In this one seems to be a bit lighter, closer to the mod.

Anyway, it looks to be the same color as the "golden" strip on the car itself...

may-1998-paul-tracy-in-action-in-the-team-kool-green-reynard-honda-picture-id316168

Kool_Menthol_Non-Filter_soft_box_2014_CP4944.jpg

Very easily. Who wants the bronze rim, download and install it. Description is in the .rar file.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/oh9denvnaxqae6i/CARTExtreme_TmGre_Rims.rar
Actually.. there's no ANY explanation in rar file, I've just download it and I wonder what to do with all those files... :cautious:

Wrong(?) colored rims aside...:rolleyes: did anyone notice a rather strange driver finishing order ?
I mean... P.J. is good driver but he shouldn't be as high as SECOND !?! In one normal quick race. In last three races he was 2nd, 4th and - 27th ? :O_o:
Arnd Meier, although a very nice guy,:geek: was 3rd in one of those races and Roberto Moreno was 4th once.
On the other hand, guys from KOOL Green, Rahal and even Target Chip often finish as low as ...15, 17, even ~20 ?! :alien:
I did short quick races, for testing sake, without qualifying, maybe that can cause this...
And don't get me wrong, although they not lined perfectly as in real '98 season, I absolutely love this mod and will die playing it, they have to bury me with my wheel, cause I won't let it go, until the very end. :)

There is a comment in the packed file. Unpack with Winrar. But you can do it easy, unpack the loose files in Steam\SteamApps\common\Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\CART_Extreme, should work

Last edited:
Actually.. there's no ANY explanation in rar file, I've just download it and I wonder what to do with all those files... :cautious:

Wrong(?) colored rims aside...:rolleyes: did anyone notice a rather strange driver finishing order ?
I mean... P.J. is good driver but he shouldn't be as high as SECOND !?! In one normal quick race. In last three races he was 2nd, 4th and - 27th ? :O_o:
Arnd Meier, although a very nice guy,:geek: was 3rd in one of those races and Roberto Moreno was 4th once.
On the other hand, guys from KOOL Green, Rahal and even Target Chip often finish as low as ...15, 17, even ~20 ?! :alien:
I did short quick races, for testing sake, without qualifying, maybe that can cause this...
And don't get me wrong, although they not lined perfectly as in real '98 season, I absolutely love this mod and will die playing it, they have to bury me with my wheel, cause I won't let it go, until the very end. :)

If you don't run a qualify - even just a session you advance through - that is why you see that. If you run a qualifying session I will guarantee you the AAR cars, Vitolo and Meier end up at the back each time.

Newbee here. Need some help. I have extracted the CART_Extreme_AMS_v111.rar to my AMS folder. When I go to the game it loads the Fontana splash screen but the track does not load, No progress on the progress bar. What am I doing wrong?

If you don't run a qualify - even just a session you advance through - that is why you see that. If you run a qualifying session I will guarantee you the AAR cars, Vitolo and Meier end up at the back each time.
Seems like you're right, I have tested it again, with qualy and it's much better. :thumbsup: Only one driver was lower than expected (I think it was a Tracy) but that's not unrealistic, every driver can have a bad day.
Especially if your name is Paul Tracy. :rolleyes:

I started to edit some of the drivers .rcd files as I feel that they don't realistically represent their real life performance from '98. For now, I edited Paul Tracy, Tony Kanaan and Helio Castroneves.
Tracy, although I joked in my very post above was too slow. And yes I know that this isn't his best year but still... he was to weak, often finish as low as 15 or ~20.
And for Kanaan and Castroneves was actually a funny story. :O_o: I feel like those two are somehow... swap their position in this mod, comparing to their RL results. Helio was often at places Tony deserves to be (Tony was rookie of the year in '98) and vice versa. So I edited that.
We'll see... a lot of testing still has to be made and it would be nice if drivers don't finish every time at the same spot +-1, so... early work in progress I guess. :)
I try to test on real CART '98 tracks as much as possible, oval and road.
And if you have and advices I'm ready to listen.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

It's important to look at the drivers before they had retirements. Hélio had a few retirements from contact, he was also new after all, but he led dozens of laps too. Tony also drove well but reliability played a hand.

If you can make sure Greg Moore, Jimmy Vasser, Michael Andretti, Bryan Herta and Dario Franchitti get their pole positions more often than Alex Zanardi - but lose out in the race due to Alex's consistency, race craft and also machinery - that will be a nice refinement. Just be cautious with numbers, small changes are best and aggression can't be high for anyone. There's built-in savageness to the AI so 50% aggression should be the very limit.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back