Resource icon

Cars CART Extreme 1.501

Login or Register an account to download this content
Patrick- I think this genstring line is the problem:
GenString=OZ_BLA_FS
I changed it to this and the cars look fine.
GenString=BBS_BL_FS
(That may not technically be the correct value to change it to but that makes the cars look right.)
Well it's that or the materials are missing. It looks like the mod was set to the original value in v1.00.

Before
ED16411BA33308A2A4D04A0443E9AD220E5B8CA0

After
0F256918CB6C1E85E4B55216C9FDE4996AF554EA

Before
7A9959A43B52820752DE7D28CF6EF47358D0160D

After
176BFDD99D85E730828EA87B0B04B0527588E8E0

Last edited:
Getting the same issue with the wheel textures on Patrick Racing only. Also getting the no shift light issues on the Newman Haas cars now and I didn't have that issue in the 1.0 version.

I believe the word you looking for was "rims" and not "spinner".
Though... english is not my native too, so... this counts - unless I'm very much mistaken... :laugh::rolleyes:
True, my mistake here. Not a native english speaking either, so these things happen. Rim is so obvious now you said it, but when writing after few brewskies, failure is more than likely :laugh:

Also getting the no shift light issues on the Newman Haas cars now and I didn't have that issue in the 1.0 version.
I got the lights working by editing the line RPMLEDNUMBER=7 to RPMLEDNUMBER=35 (number can be something else, but dividable by seven, as per NH Swift number of lights.

Rev leds do work with that edit, but are awefully dim, very rF1/GSCE-esque :O_o: Need to look at the files more...

There definitely is something lost in translation here. Look at my previous post and the screen shot above, look at the wheels and you see something missing in the middle of the wheels :)

Cars show up just fine in the game, it is just the missing wheel spinner textures.
ok, for me the spinner was the rotating view showing the car. That is why I did not understand, probably because I am not english/american too :)

Lets fix these little things asap.

• Deleted member 130869

Any chance it gets renamed CART 1998 since there's no more Stock Car Extreme? :p

ps: very happy with the changelog, can't wait to drive it. Thanks to everyone involved, if only Nick and especially Dave were around!

Any chance it gets renamed CART 1998 since there's no more Stock Car Extreme? :p

ps: very happy with the changelog, can't wait to drive it. Thanks to everyone involved, if only Nick and especially Dave were around!
The extreme comes from the partnership between Reiza and Cockpit extreme at the beginning, so it is not silly to keep it. It means redoing all the logo, and I think it is not essential at this moment.

Anyway, uploading the fix.

fantastic job,

tiny request, can you please make the " OrientationRate" settings for cockpit cams use

"999.000000" instead of "999.00000" (yes the extra 0 matters), the former value is used by all AMS cars and makes it easier to mass replace (replace in files) the OrientationRate value with something lower, for those who prefer "car shakes" vs "camera shakes".

I use 7z ZIP RAR to unpack these files.

For some reason, I can unpack 1.00, but not 1.10 or 1.11. It gets to TonyKanaan.rcd, stops, and says "During unpacking error occured". This does not happen with anything else.

the mod is getting better and better, but 2 things, first the gold rims is light colored, the real car have darker colored gold. 2nd the boost map is locked on 1, those cars had/have boost maps 1 - 8.

the mod is getting better and better, but 2 things, first the gold rims is light colored, the real car have darker colored gold. 2nd the boost map is locked on 1, those cars had/have boost maps 1 - 8.

Turbo modeling is not yet implemented into Automobilista but is being worked on.

• Deleted member 130869

When the front wheels were remade, was there something done on the alpha layers? The front tires are more reflective, darker with a blue hue to their blackness :).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%