Resource icon

Cars CART Extreme 1.501

Login or Register an account to download this content
Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Cart Extreme - Cart Extreme for Automobilista

AMS_CART2.201661517337.jpg

CART Extreme is an official revision of the original Racing Line Development´s CART Factor mod for rFactor with direct participation from some of the original developers.

CART Extreme for AMS includes :
  • Several graphics improvements (updated car shaders)
  • Moveable driver arms (from TV view only)
  • Revamped physics
  • Revamped sounds
  • flat spots, dirt pickup, etc
Along with all features...

Read more about this resource...

Oh no :confused:

European GP vs CART Extreme ... European GP vs CART Extreme ...European GP vs CART Extreme .. there's just not enough time.

LeMans, BTCC, F1 and now CART Extreme ..ARGH! Are you people trying to kill me this weekend? :cautious:

Thanks Patrick - I cannot wait to get stuck into this. :thumbsup:

Thanks to you and your team for your work.
Excellent as always and this is incredible.

Never had SCE, so never driven this before and have been looking forward to this Alot.

Better than I imagined. That's gonna be another 100+ hours of my life gone :)

You didn't need to tag me, not a chance I'd miss this. lol

-New cockpit displays are fantastic. They look much more authentic than the gamey SCE / rFactor display.

-Sounds seem like a nice blend of the rFactor and SCE sounds and reasonably realistic given how little high quality audio there is to work from. Turn up the sounds, run out the gears to 14000 - awwww yea.

I did notice the Reynards all have really shiny noses which discolors the nose compared to the rest of the car. Most noticeable in the showroom, on track it's not as noticeable outside the PacWest cars.

I also think the MaxForceAtSteeringRack in the RealFeelPlugin.ini is set too low out of the box, tons of clipping. While it helps at low speed, it compromises the high end at speed forces a lot. I'm running -3500 (1000 more than default) and would suggest "advanced" drivers to tweak it, especially if you plan on doing any oval running.

Are these cars supposed to have an auto blip on downshifts? Unless it's my G27 settings, I don't remember it trying to lock the rear wheels in the GSCE version (paddle shifting).

AWESOME mod BTW!

Thanks for the conversion, cars are fun to drive at the limit :) However engine brake torque seems excessive, braking on low gears is quite difficult unless you run max brake map (5). I checked the engine file and values are a lot higher than Reiza's open wheelers.

• Deleted member 130869

Is it possible that beyond the engine braking situation, the default setup may be too stiff for the AI as well? Or the talent files themselves need tweaking. AMS has very aggressive AI and with CART 98 there was similar behavior to the F-V10s.

Thanks for the mod!

Are these cars supposed to have an auto blip on downshifts? Unless it's my G27 settings, I don't remember it trying to lock the rear wheels in the GSCE version (paddle shifting).

AWESOME mod BTW!

According to descriptions of the CARTfactor and CART extreme mods, the cars should have a sequentially operated gearbox with electronic cuts and blips on up- and downshifts, at least that's how they were operated in real life.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing