Bridgehampton Race Circuit

Tracks Bridgehampton Race Circuit 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
PS: Bridgehampton got a mention today at the Goodwood live stream. The Porsche 917/30 was doing the hillclimb, when the commentator was talking about the Can-Am series. He was describing the series, as many UK viewers would not have heard of it, and he specifically mentioned Bridgehampton as one of the "scary circuits" they raced at.

I'll try and find the clip.

In the meantime, here are the Can-Am cars from last year's festival

I heard that one as well, I'm sure he said something nice like "wonderful scary places" or something like that and the other guy said he had never heard of it IIRC

I heard that one as well, I'm sure he said something nice like "wonderful scary places" or something like that and the other guy said he had never heard of it IIRC
Well be honest. Who here have ever heard of Bridgehampton before this mod? I only know about it because I live 10 minutes from where it was and used to hear the cars as a kid in my back yard. I also could see them go up the East straight to the final two turns when at Wades beach. Now days I look over and see the big tower and imagine it still being there.

Last edited:
I read about all the races there in the 60s. This is still one of the iconic images from that era, and I would really like to duplicate it in a modern sim...
390021c71b331d96a9d8fbe365fa1b2f.jpg

Well be honest. Who have you have ever heard of Bridgehampton before this mod? I only know about it because I live 10 minutes from where it was and used to hear the cars as a kid in my back yard. I also could see them go up the East straight to the final two turns when at Wades beach. Now days I look over and see the big tower and imagine it still being there.
For sure, I hadn't heard of it... it was just an - I was there - thing, I was trying to remember what they said in the stream to prove I was in 'Nam.

I recon I would have stumbled across Bridgehampton eventually as I have spent a lot of time trawling racingsportscars.com for mod research and a big list of RL lap times I made a while back. I came across it in the best way possible though, driving your recreation once released.

I honestly would trade any 3 Kunos tracks for your 3 creations so far. All are very well made (like Kunos tracks) but they were unknown to me and all have real excitement/enjoyment factor which is something lacking in vanilla tracks IMO. As I write this, with perspiration still suffusing into my t-shirt from todays hair raising drive around Bridgehampton online in the T70, I already can't wait for the next time I get to do it again! :p

I honestly would trade any 3 Kunos tracks for your 3 creations so far. All are very well made (like Kunos tracks) but they were unknown to me and all have real excitement/enjoyment factor which is something lacking in vanilla tracks IMO.
I agree.
Although I really enjoy driving on Bridgehampton I also have to admit that I don't like racing it very much, the narrow track makes it rather difficult and getting it a tiny bit wrong means you'll probably hit the sand.
Quality wise it's great of course.

I just wish Riverside would be more popular online, I've tried to populate it several times with different car grids, but only once got it to decent traffic.
IMO Riverside I like most of LilSki's tracks, because it's a fun to drive track but racing is great too.

I agree.
Although I really enjoy driving on Bridgehampton I also have to admit that I don't like racing it very much, the narrow track makes it rather difficult and getting it a tiny bit wrong means you'll probably hit the sand.
Quality wise it's great of course.

I just wish Riverside would be more popular online, I've tried to populate it several times with different car grids, but only once got it to decent traffic.
IMO Riverside I like most of LilSki's tracks, because it's a fun to drive track but racing is great too.
Yep there certainly isn't much run off with these historic circuits, I can't say I've noticed Bridgehampton being narrow (never really paid attention to track width TBH) but I agree if you go off it can be tricky to get out of the sand in a hurry. I'm struggling with T2 in the new version a bit so had a few offs there tonight and also went off once at T10.
I'm normally racing with a handfull of guys (at most) that I race with regularly so the low player count and familiarity with the other couple of guys probably helps. I've had some really nice races at Bridgehampton and NJMP. NJMP in MX5 ND's is a wonderful experience with a couple of similar pace racers.

We've used it on Classic Blend (Cobra, Carrera RSR, Yellowbird, F40), mostly with familiar guys.
But the cars itself already move quite a bit. Every time I was in a good position to attack I thought about doing it twice, backed off more than I had on other tracks.

Racing it against the usual (unknown) public pickup racer probably is a nightmare.

Once again, the track is awesome, but racing really is a tough challenge.

Well there was bound to be something. Not enough to post a fix IMO since it is a wall just the physical part isn't lined up perfectly. It's because I moved that wall around some and forgot to update the actual wall. I'll give it some time for more bugs.
No problem, this is just a small cosmetical scratch. And i spun very unlucky into it...i should become a betatester for collidable objects. ;)

Both of these tracks are among my favorites - but mainly because they were so steeped in the lore of Can-Am and USRRC racing. Every good story about the wild and wooly days of the big cars mentioned The Bridge and RIR. I know it's another unknown track, and one with a very short history, but another one I wouldn't mind seeing is Stardust Raceway in Las Vegas. I think there's a conversion in rFactor, but I have no idea how accurate it is. The Can-Am season typically ended there with some great battles and until the rFactor release I had no idea what it looked like beyond a few scattered photos.
Everyone has the famous tracks - Laguna Seca, Road America, Sebring, the Glen - but these three have been neglected for too long.

I know it's another unknown track, and one with a very short history, but another one I wouldn't mind seeing is Stardust Raceway in Las Vegas. I think there's a conversion in rFactor, but I have no idea how accurate it is.
There are two versions in rFactor. One converted from the CanAm GPL mod and the other scratchmade for rF. They're both reasonably accurate for their time, but not up to today's trackmaking standards.

Agreed I would love to get a few more Can-Am cars to run with the recent T70.
I ran my mix of the '66 USRCC cars (handful of Lola T70s, a few Porsche 906s, and a GT40) today and had a blast. Very immersive!

My only complaint is setting laptimes 2-3 seconds faster than real life ever achieved... don't know whether Bridgehampton is too grippy or the Lola/Porsche are too fast.

I ran my mix of the '66 USRCC cars (handful of Lola T70s, a few Porsche 906s, and a GT40) today and had a blast. Very immersive!

My only complaint is setting laptimes 2-3 seconds faster than real life ever achieved... don't know whether Bridgehampton is too grippy or the Lola/Porsche are too fast.
I talked to aphidgod about the lap times and we are not sure we can trust the times that are out there for the T70 at Bridge. The grip is already pretty low at .97 for the track and I don't really dare go much lower. Plus he thinks the times for the T70 may have been in a smaller engine than what is simulated in AC right now. Between the data, track, and the car I think there are just too many variables to pin point the problem. All I know is I'm not messing with the track anymore.

I probably shouldn't have called that a complaint... more of a comment as we all know plenty of examples where certain car/track combinations are too fast, yet fine elsewhere :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.