Bridgehampton Race Circuit

Tracks Bridgehampton Race Circuit 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
TransAm and CanAm were usually 2-wide at the bridge, sometimes 3-wide, on a rolling start!
Yeah I originally had the track 3 wide to start like the early days but decided to go to two wide. In 2.0 I decided to go staggered grid to help the AI blend sooner at the start

Screenshot_lotus_49_bridge_13-5-115-19-47-39.jpg

I'm fairly certain that the Lola in question had a 5L motor at Bridgehampton and switched to the 5.9L unit mid-season. (The mod runs a 5.9L power curve.) I'm not sure that fully accounts for the difference, but it's a start anyway.

Our target lap times for the Lola were all at Silverstone, specifically a 1:28.8 (official) and 1:27.3 (unofficial) that were recorded by the Surtees car. Also two laps there by Denny Hulme, a 1:27.6 in quali and 1:28.2 in the BSCC race. It's dead on with those: Andy managed a best of 27.6 in testing and the ALOOG races netted fastest laps around 28.1.

These are reliable test drivers, so either it's a combo effect, or Silverstone is a little slow, or Bridge is a little fast, or the car is a bit optimistic, or likely some combination of all of it. :)

These are reliable test drivers, so either it's a combo effect, or Silverstone is a little slow, or Bridge is a little fast, or the car is a bit optimistic, or likely some combination of all of it. :)

I suspect we're taking more liberties at the Bridge than even the most suicidal CanAm drivers felt ok with - there's also weather to consider, especially with all the sand around. I'd be curious how a stiff breeze changes the surface at Zandvoort too. A pity current Brands is just different enough not to be useful for timing.

Current RSR t70 times are in the ballpark for 1967 CanAm 5.9l ( Mk3 ) times, but I know I was really hammering the apexes & I was a second off the top time last night ( bravo Pavel Spacek, I'll get you eventually! ). I haven't driven for over a year & struggling to dial out understeer so I don't consider myself representative though.

I talked to aphidgod about the lap times and we are not sure we can trust the times that are out there for the T70 at Bridge. The grip is already pretty low at .97 for the track and I don't really dare go much lower. Plus he thinks the times for the T70 may have been in a smaller engine than what is simulated in AC right now. Between the data, track, and the car I think there are just too many variables to pin point the problem. All I know is I'm not messing with the track anymore.
So the Grip cant go lower than 97 % ???? even If I use the Dusted option which is 85 % ???

@Stig Bidstrup
No, you set a specific surface grip for a track.
I.e. if you have tracks with new asphalt you will set that higher while creating the track than that of a old and worn surface.
Or in case of Bridgehampton, Zandvoort or tracks in the middle-east you will set it a bit lower because of dust and sand.

Edit: Ninja'd

Ah, yes! I should quit using the optimum grip and go for lower!
Yeah, I should too ( and fiddle with the time of day - this place always looks good when the sun is lower ). Still, everyone likes video:

How wide does a track have to be before it's not narrow? because that is not what I'd call narrow - it's just going off line is quite a penalty & really kicks you out of rhythm more than a lot of other tracks.

It might not be narrow itself, but take some classic race cars that have some movement on their own (like Cobra vs. Carrera RSR) and try to overtake in those cars and the track feels/seems pretty narrow. ;)

My first online race there was in the vintage Alfas back in version 0.7 or 0.8 - I think we were overtaking each other going sideways! back when the vintage tyre model apparently had no lateral grip. It's definitely a very high-workload place to race but not completely bereft of passing places. Pushing people into making mistakes is a proportionally easier too.

Come on... the track is too bumpy ! Just check Kunos official tracks like Barcelona, Red Bull Ring and other modern F1 tracks.... oh wait.....

I really like the track feel and looks, very inspiring work. Feels perfect to me. After watching the video from latest ratings response, it is obvious that the track definitely is not too bumpy comparing to how it was IRL.

I'm observing the track and everything is so nice, and perfected. Beautiful vegetation, really nice terrain there must have been a lot of work put into the terrain. Those road edges feels and looks really great. Great details such as white lines rubbed off at apexes...

I also think that it was good decision to release this track as a single layout this time. When skins will come out, I'm only going to drive Autumn version, it was my favorite :)

Thank you.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea