Bridgehampton Race Circuit

Tracks Bridgehampton Race Circuit 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
thanks for this track... really love it... loved watching hotlap replay on TV camera 2 and just watching/listening... very enjoyable track to drive and watch... can I ask in point form what you used to make the track, as i am thinking of getting into track making myself as a change from doing skins

thanks for this track... really love it... loved watching hotlap replay on TV camera 2 and just watching/listening... very enjoyable track to drive and watch... can I ask in point form what you used to make the track, as i am thinking of getting into track making myself as a change from doing skins
Do you mean what programs I used? If so Blender and GIMP are the two primary programs used to build all of my tracks.

Thank you, Lilski. :thumbsup: You took an already great track and you elevated it spectacular.
There are many things that make Lilski's tracks so great...the details he puts in. For aspiring track builders, here's a couple of things that Lilski does that makes his circuits look so great, in my opinion.

In the shot below, look at the track surface. Too often we see tracks that have surfaces that are too pristine. See the cracks? See the white boundary line faded away on the left side where cars probably ran wide to get that turn in? The way Lilski blended the sand with the grass and with the pavement is beautiful. On the outside of this turn you see the marbles scattered on the bank closest to us. This screenshot might not be the best example to show this, but if you take a slow drive around Bridgehampton you'll see skid marks at various parts of the track, but take a look at the corners that drivers can take with greater speed and you'll see darker, deeper tire marks/rubber which is how it should be.

DlmgG1r.png

I love this screenshot. Look at the patches of pavement signifying this track has seen some action over the years. Heck, in this shot we jump from a completely different pavement layer to another just in front of where the car is. Some cracks might need that hot rubberized crack sealer. Again, the sand blending in with the grass, weeds & pavement edges is fantastic. Finally, he really takes the time to make sure you're not driving along a picket-fence of trees which your brain is going to pick up on. No two trees are exactly the same in real life. I'm sure there are many duplicates scattered around this circuit, but there is such a great mix of colors, shapes & sizes I can't see them staring at a screenshot, so you sure as heck won't be seeing them in your peripheral vision.

AifvPKV.png

If you're just getting into track building, study the tracks of Lilski and Fat-Alfie to start with. Real life isn't clean, neat and tidy. Don't use colors blown out in saturation levels. There are several excellent track builders on Race Department. Study their creations. Definitely study Virginia International Raceway. :)

My God...Bridgehampton is gorgeous! :geek:

Hi guys!

I've just downloaded this awesome track (thank you LilSki for modelling and sharing it!) and I like it so much!
Just wondering: where's the fall option ended? I saw a video of this track on YouTube and it was definitely the "autumn version" of Bridgehempton...I did some research but seems like I can no longer download that "build 1.1" with those beautiful reddish trees I'd really like to use as photoset for some screenshots :D

fall_sample.png

Hi guys!

I've just downloaded this awesome track (thank you LilSki for modelling and sharing it!) and I like it so much!
Just wondering: where's the fall option ended? I saw a video of this track on YouTube and it was definitely the "autumn version" of Bridgehempton...I did some research but seems like I can no longer download that "build 1.1" with those beautiful reddish trees I'd really like to use as photoset for some screenshots :D

fall_sample.png
I never liked that the fall version was a second 'layout' so it was decided to remove it and only have the single layout. At some point I may make a skin pack that can be applied to the track to make it fall again but I have not had a chance to work on the textures. Version 1.1 can sill be downloaded from the Version History tab at the top of the page.

Thank you so much for your quick and kind reply!
I see your point here, and I agree with you: having the fall version as a skin to add and remove would be better than a different layout.

That said, I am eager to try the fall one cause I love the colors I saw in the screenshots!

So I thank you again for telling me how to get the 1.1: I was googling it and trying to download it from another website.

Cheers

• Deleted member 130869

@darkyjoe did a very nice job with his ad boards and more, such as other seasons for Nürburgring Nordschleife and Monza. Maybe offload that seasonal work to him :p.

Since i raced a lot of laps on this track I want to say that this track is undoubtedly the most interesting of all available tracks of such quality. The standard tracks from the game are very boring in comparison with it. They dont have the necessary configuration for a crazy drive. This is definitely an icing on the assetto cake.

It is very unfortunate that this amazing track is no longer on Long Island (sorry for the pun). And now there are decrepit pensioners waving their niblicks. But the memory remains.

I'd love to see 66 or 67 Trans-Am to complement the GTA or 64 USRRC for the 718 RS 60 but i'd take any of the above up to 1970 :D We have a very nice T70 Spyder if you've not tried it already.

We have a very nice T70 Spyder if you've not tried it already.

This one?

That's my son's vid. Thirty years ago when he was a toddler, he and his Mom used to sit up on the hill overlooking T1 on the outside of the track when I was racing MGB's there. I'd spot them and wave every time I went through that corner. He LOVED it.

I'm a big Mark Donohue fan. When I drive a T70 ... its in Penske/Sunoco trim.

The Cam-Am & Trans-Am cars looked so good on that track. I can't even think of the sounds coming out of Echo Valley when they ran there without the hair raising up on my arms.

I really do wish AC would do a package of both Can-Am and Trans-Am cars, but I guess that will never happen.

This one?

That's my son's vid. Thirty years ago when he was a toddler, he and his Mom used to sit up on the hill overlooking T1 on the outside of the track when I was racing MGB's there. I'd spot them and wave every time I went through that corner. He LOVED it.

I'm a big Mark Donohue fan. When I drive a T70 ... its in Penske/Sunoco trim.

The Cam-Am & Trans-Am cars looked so good on that track. I can't even think of the sounds coming out of Echo Valley when they ran there without the hair raising up on my arms.

I really do wish AC would do a package of both Can-Am and Trans-Am cars, but I guess that will never happen.
No that isn't the one, the T70 Spyder mod I meant is here on RD. I think it is great fun to drive. I highly recommend giving it a try :)

....would this be of any interest?.....

I only download mods from RD TBH, we aren't allowed to use dodgy mods on the server I race so have no use for this mod. Thank you for the suggestion though.

No that isn't the one, the T70 Spyder mod I meant is here on RD. I think it is great fun to drive.

I certainly hope that is the case, you were the official development driver. :D

Same model, but with full permission from all parties as well as totally scratch physics and sounds. (And a dizzying array of beautiful liveries from Andy and pctm.)

I did quite a lot of my own testing here at the Bridge and I think it suits the car perfectly. Great combo if I may say so myself.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back