1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Tracks Bridgehampton Race Circuit 1.1

The "Bridge"

1. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium Member

LilSki submitted a new resource:

Bridgehampton Race Circuit - The "Bridge"

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 2
  2. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium Member

3. A very good and promising starting point. I would suggest reconsidering colour of the asphalt of the v. 0.0.0.5.1 , though, 'cause for me it seems to be too bright. I don't know which period You're aiming at - obviously the surface was much darker in the '50s, but even when comparing to movies and photos from '70s and '80s era, Your current version is very bleached out. Something darker, more close to the surface we can see on the preview YT clip would be better, I'd say.

I'm also not convinced about roughness of the asphalt (although the elevation transitions are great).

All and all, I'm looking forward to next versions of it!

4. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium Member

Yeah the roughness is overall a work in progress. I'm not 100% happy with it either but I think it is overall better than perfectly smooth. And I agree about the road surface. The main point of this release was all the "technology" is in place. Such as proper use of shaders and such. So yes the colors of the various textures will be fine tuned from here on out. Thanks for the feedback!

5. Oh, I agree about the "smooth" part. Being a new AC user with high expectations, I've been a bit disappointed with many poor conversions of historic tracks, dumping most of them either because of low rez of the surface mesh, or ultra smoothness, which doesn't do AC's physics and FFB any justice.

Your track is notable exception. I just feel it might have the roughness trimmed just a little bit lower (though not being a modder, I don't know how simple or difficult task it is).

6. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium Member

Found a problem with the pit spawn objects tonight with a few friends so only 2 can do multiplayer right now. Will fix shortly.

7. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium Member

LilSki updated Bridgehampton Race Circuit with a new update entry:

Bridge 0.0.6

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. GMC

GMC

9. About AI, check the mash of the road, which should be the only surface possible to be legal for driving (us and ai drivers). Check the Road mash is not going out of bounds, which is the tarmac only + white lines if used as seperate object.

10. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium Member

Yeah I figured that all out the other night. I made it a seperate surface in the surfaces.ini. I turn off valid track for that surface and make a new ai file. Then I turn it back on as valid track and all is well.

11. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium Member

I just wanted to mention here that I will most definitely be working on this project much more as time goes on. But I had planned to take a break during July. I have been working pretty steady on this for the past 4 months and need to take a break to get some other stuff done. I will still plug away at it when I have spare time but don't expect too many updates until after July. I wanted to release this version to get some interest in the project and it obviously worked. It should be complete enough to be fully functional it just needs a few tweaks to the road surface and obviously more details.

12. thrilled to see this here as a local, shame it's now a golf course. thank you for your efforts!

13. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium Member

Bridge 0.0.7

14. As someone who actually raced at Bridgehampton in the Sixties, and road-tested both race cars and street cars there when I worked at Car and Driver magazine, and as someone who has worked on several earlier iterations of this venue for other sim racing platforms, I am delighted to report that this is the finest re-creation of this track I've ever seen. It was a great circuit (T1 is not only a lot faster than Eau Rouge, it's also--terrifyingly--downhill!) and now it's brought back to life exactly as it was.

15. This little track is a gem.
    I just found it yesterday, along with the Mazda 5 mod..."talk about fun!"
    It's just a blast to drive.
    Thanks...keep going.

16. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium Member

Finally figured out cameras so here are some new ones. Made some changes to the original set and added two more. One set is all fixed angles. Just drop them in the data folder of the track.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium Member

Bridge 0.0.8

18. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

How is the AI on this track? The primary issue I have with track mods is that the AI is usually terrible. From what I read, this track sounds awesome but I don't hot lap much at all.

19. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium Member

I think they are pretty darn fast and consistent. I spent a bunch of time making a nice smooth AI line for this version and i really think you would enjoy them and the track.

20. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

Definitely worth a try then, thanks.
    Love your avatar, reminds me of my first "new" car - ordered just the way I wanted. By time I was done with my 77' T/A there wasn't any pollution controls to be found and pushing 425 HP. That car didn't see a winter and barely rain for the 6 years I had it...good times!