Best driver of all time?

I voted for Senna, becouse he is simply the best! i never saw him racing live... but he is amazing cus he stops to help French pilot Eric Comas (ive watched alot of these old races and clips on YT) tradgic day 1st of may 1994... RIP Senna

also 1st of may 1994 is the day i was born... (just sayin)

can sameone fill me in on Ayrton Senna.

I know he won F1 4 times , with the BEST car in the field.
I also rember that he was struggling when he said : I race the Williams F1 car for free, because its the BEST car in formula one. The first races off that seson he was fighting with M Schumacher and lost every time.
Off course it all ended at Imola, which was sad.
But for me i cant see him as that great driver. Please fill up my lack............

For me it M Schumacher that is the best. If Nigel Mansell hadded stoped driving, it would had been him.

Regards

Erling Bøhmer

can sameone fill me in on Ayrton Senna.

I know he won F1 4 times , with the BEST car in the field.
I also rember that he was struggling when he said : I race the Williams F1 car for free, because its the BEST car in formula one. The first races off that seson he was fighting with M Schumacher and lost every time.
Off course it all ended at Imola, which was sad.
But for me i cant see him as that great driver. Please fill up my lack............

For me it M Schumacher that is the best. If Nigel Mansell hadded stoped driving, it would had been him.

Regards

Erling Bøhmer

Wrong. Very wrong. Ayrton rarely had the best car in the field. He rung a reasonable amount of success from the Lotus cars that were very much in their decline. He scored a Mclaren seat at the end of the 1980s and yeah they were the best cars, but the last half of 1991 the Mclaren was outclassed by Williams, he still won. By 1993, Mclaren were far from the best, but Ayrton still put it up front regularly when he was desperate for a Williams drive.
In 1994, he got a drive a Williams. But the FIA banned a lot of tech that put Williams so far ahead in '92 and '93, so suddenly Williams no longer had the best car.

Do a youtube search for Ayton Senna. It's full of his spectacular driving. He had a kind of sixth sense to where the grip would be, he constantly put the cars far beyond what they should have been capable of. He was also brilliant in the wet. At a drenched Donnington in 1993, he passed 5 people over the course of the opening lap to take the lead, including both the superior Williams cars.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back