Best driver of all time?

In all seriousness you did miss off a major contender - Alberto Ascari. The only guy to take the fight to Fangio before his death, during one streak won 9 out of 10 races in 52 and 53, both championships in those years and the Mille Miglia in 54, before his death in 55.

In all seriousness you did miss off a major contender - Alberto Ascari. The only guy to take the fight to Fangio before his death, during one streak won 9 out of 10 races in 52 and 53, both championships in those years and the Mille Miglia in 54, before his death in 55.

Didnt know you were such a history buff! Good point tho :)

I had to vote Senna, but I could also swing to Mansel 'Il Lione' as the Tifosi called him, maybe the only driver who had the balls to take the fight to senna apart from the 'Proffesor' Prost............Then Moss and Graham Hill, Fangio.........OH GOD, you need Three classes, Pre-Downforce, early downforce and Modern..........I think........... I give up, SENNA!

What's with preWW2 racedrivers like Tazio Nuvolari? I would vote for him and I think, I'm not so wrong, because Enzo Ferrari called Nuvolari the greatest drive ever. Ok, that was also preSchumacher eara and you are rigth, we can't compare them all.

What's with preWW2 racedrivers like Tazio Nuvolari? I would vote for him and I think, I'm not so wrong, because Enzo Ferrari called Nuvolari the greatest drive ever. Ok, that was also preSchumacher eara and you are rigth, we can't compare them all.

Another VERY valid point, OH GOD I'M OFF TO LOAD UP GPL for a revival..........YAY!

Non-open wheel drivers often get missed out of these sorts of polls, and yes, open-wheelers are the pinnacle of motorsport, but some just never got the chance through circumstance or even preference.

Multiple touring car champions like Roberto Ravaglia, Peter Brock, Fabrizio Giovanardi, Mark Skaife, Dick Johnson etc etc
Rally drivers like Sebastien Loeb, Walter Rohrl, Tommi Makinen, Colin McRae, Carlos Sainz, Stig Blomqvist etc etc

Favourite: Mansell.
Greatest: Clarke.

You can't compare era's (70's & 80's were my favourites), but based on the danger involved at the time and the challenge of the circuits from that era, Clarke has to be the greatest.

I don't care what the stats say, or whether you were a fan or not, Senna was the best of the best. Even Schumacher rates Senna as the number one driver. In the words of Jeremy Clarkson "Senna was spectacular every time he got in a car."

These polls are always fun but pretty much impossible to compare people from different era's.
In the spirit of the fun, where can I vote for Sebastien Loeb, even though his driving career may still have many WRC titles to come. :tongue:

I also think, that it´s impossible to compare drivers from different eras.
Considering him to be a nearly perfect combination of Senna´s speed and Prost´s racecraft, I vote for Michael Schumacher (pre-comeback, of course!).
But I really have absolutely no idea of how to compare Schumacher to Clark or Fangio.
I´m a bit surprised that Gilles Villeneuve is on the list, seeing that he was beaten by teammates like Reutemann and Scheckter and never won the championship. IMO, he´s very spectacular, pretty fast, but not in the league of the best drivers.
Seeing that Villeneuve is on the list, Ronnie Peterson should also be there, since I consider him to be superior to Villeneuve in all aspects.
Last, but not least, the driver, who is considered to be the best by Jack Brabham and Frank Williams should definitely be on the list: Jochen Rindt.

Jim Clark, because F1 is not enough for the best race driver ever...

BTW: How funny would it be if the f1 guys would drive formula renault or formula 2 or GP2....

PS: Thats why I would vote for Kimi as the greatest in modern-times. He still has this racedriver attitude that got lost nowadays... He drinks way to much alcohol and those long hairs lol.. only thing missing is a cigarette during gridwalk before the race starts.

AND: He gets millions for not competing in F1 and doing what he loves most, rally driving. I'm mean, how cool is that? He is directing his life everywhere he wants it!

And if he would like, he could always step into an f1 car and kick those a**** round Spa *g*

My modern idol for sure.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back