Best driver of all time?

My vote went to Fangio, those times were a lot harder imo, scary to watch videos from them, imagine how it felt from the cockpit! No downforce, just a lot of power, bushes and trees on the side of the road, man! (not to talk about the quality of the road)

But of course it's very hard to decide.

I would like to vote for my hero "Tazio Nuvolari" but unfortunately he isn't in the list because not an F1 driver :(

so I voted for Ayrton, the rain wizard !!

anyway a tribute to Tazio "Il Mantovano volante" :D

".... quando passa Nuvolari gli uccelli perdono l'ali .... "

Nuvolari_.jpg

I wouldn't say senna was the greatest for me, the way he took out prost at suzuka was not what a superior driver would do. Was he afraid he couldn't beat him on the track. Same thing with shumi. My vote would be split between Mika and Prost. Mika would edge it cause of Monza 1999. A driver who shows emotion and passion. He makes jokes in the press conference, something I sorely miss these days.

• Stirb Iuliu

It was a bitter rivalery between Senna and Prost, and one year before, in 89 Prost won the championship in the same manner. Big names in F1 latter admitted Jean Marie Balestre gave the championship to his french compatriot. It was a planned french affair.

I don't blame Senna for what he did. When you lose a championship, when it's stolen from you, you are entitled to do many things.
In '91, they've inverted roles. Prost initiated the maneouver and let Senna decide whether crash or not. In '89 Senna initiated the manoeuver.

Not finding any driver the best. Senna is a very good driver, but he is beatable and he has been beaten many times (by Prost, Mansell etc etc). Schumacher won it 7 times, but he's also beatable. Same counts for every driver. I do have a favorite and that's Mansell, but to say he's the best ??...Don't know

i think senna is the best though i think schumacher is close basically becuase he is my racing hero he was the guy i saw racing at the top of his game when i was getting into motorsport

Iwould say my racing hero Ronnie Petterson by all his fellow drivers put him as the fastest driver that was in Formula one in the -70 , But as he was from Sweden he had to sign up as driver#2 ................. The crasch in Monza -78 he had already signed a contract wiuth Mclaren for the -79 season as driver #1.........

Good you´d like to know the best driver of all time,but, I honestly really don´t know.
But I do know that Lewis Hamilton is the greatest racer of all time.There are lots of drivers,they come and go.
But racers live for ever.Schumacher is the most successful.Was he or is he a racer?Absolutely! But just half as good
as Lewis.Jochen Rindt isn´t even on this list!?
What kind of idiot compiled this list?
Lewis Hamilton isn´t just the greatest racer of all time,but the most exciting to watch.
That being said,it´s unfair to compare racers from different generations.But you can compare drivers
from different generations.They´re just there ..............

Very difficult question....
I believe that any period (the 50s, the 60s,....) have they best driver....
Because the cars are more different, because the track are more different, and the driving style is more different....
But, if I take a vote I select Senna, because he run in a period where there are more strong driver (Prost-Piquet-Mansel-Patrese-Shumacher) and he can win 3 world championships, and because he could win a race with a Toleman XD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back