PC1 Banned for no reason!

I agree totally you only have to go to the latest thread over at NoGrip, yet another NG member has been shown the door because they dared to air an opinion different to theirs.

I think it's disgusting that a SM employee also moderates in the pCARS forum over there, truly poor buisness. Some people deserve bans IMO for some of the stuff posted but it has become a laughing stock over there now with him in charge. Basically they want the pCARS forum over there to be 100% in favour of it and sugercoat it to the max. I give credit when credit is due, when i feel something is right but i should also be allowed to say if i don't like something and not have to in the words of that moderator " eleborate " every last word.

He should of stood down the momment he was given the opportunity to work with SMS directly as a modeartor. He likes to feel a bit special though IMO and wants to hang onto the moderator tag as basically he would be made mincemeat of without that tag,

Nogrip also deleted a complete thread about the ''gut feeling'' of pCars because of the negative response.
It's shocking it really is. If people deserve to be banned from the WMD forum for offereing alternative views then i agree they have every right to do so, it's their place of work at the end of the day. But for them to seemingly be trying to police an independent forum due to SMS staff moderating there, then i find it disgusting in all honesty.

I log onto this forum after not being here in ages and I see it's just being used for slander :(

Maybe I should leave again. It's just like the trash that was posted on Nogrip recently, guess it's the same people again.

Lee Ross = Scorz? (guessing by the avatar). Man, seriously? Funny how your attitude changed completely from your posts on the first page of this thread, IMO you seemed more reasonable back then.

You guys are just unbelievable. Goodbye, not sure sure I'll check back here. Got sick of this crap on Nogrip already.

I log onto this forum after not being here in ages and I see it's just being used for slander :(

Maybe I should leave again. It's just like the trash that was posted on Nogrip recently, guess it's the same people again.

Lee Ross = Scorz? (guessing by the avatar). Man, seriously? Funny how your attitude changed completely from your posts on the first page of this thread, IMO you seemed more reasonable back then.

You guys are just unbelievable. Goodbye, not sure sure I'll check back here. Got sick of this crap on Nogrip already.
It's called freedom of speech, something that NoGrip no longer has due to the above reasons. Two sms employees moderating a independent forum. One being head of studio.

Back on the first pages yeah i was different and i still believe they were right to do so with Rob. It was on their forum and so they have evry right to do so. Also, he asked to be let loose.

NoGrip is a different matter and it getting worse and worse by the day. Luckily though this independent forum is not moderated by SMS and so you get a far more balanced and honest point of view. It's not run by SMS and all the fanboys.

Rob has it right at VirtiaulR, he does it fairly and lets all opinions stand and not just the opinions that suit and favour the game

The difference here is that you can have discusion with the moderators without being called a liar or wors.
Every body has a different opinion and thats human. ( even dogs fight )

I never lie and I will not (after I report bad FFB at the WDM portal) tell people how great pCars is on other forums.

Your mind free, nobody owns it.

I dont mind these discussions really. There are also enough threads were the talks are positive about Project CARS here on RD. (just scroll down)
So would be wrong if there would be no thread for people to talk about negative side of things. Just needs to be civil all the time and atm thats working. If people feel that here on RD they can speak there mind, let them. Dont know how it is on NG really. Never visit the forum really. Only personal had a problem on the WMD forum ones.

Here is an example of a discusion between a gamer and a mod in the ''Company structure changes coming soon.'' thread, It was the poor guys first post.

I'm not telling you who the moderator is, but is this fair. I don't think it's fair.
Gamer
''So is this going to be an other console game after all? Main focus will move to consoles and game will be made with they terms.''
Mod
''Probably the worst first post ever. Do better or go away.''
Gamer
''Hmm, soft skin guys here. Sry didn't meant to insult, but lets face it many good projects has moved to other direction what first was mended.
And i didn't say console is only platform i meant, main, not only.
Very glad if that's not the case, let's moves one.''
Mod
''I'm not seeing soft skins, I am reading bullshit though.
Last warning, contribute or we'll remove you.''

Some of us just want a racing sim...however, if pcars is going to be simcade, then they should stop with the pretense of being a sim with the best physics ever BS.
The funny thing about the pcars boosters/bullshitters is that the game will probably be a decent simcade and make money, yet that's not enough, you also want to fantasize that it's a sim despite the horrid steering precision, the FFB that just gives up at times, and the uncanny grip levels and the braking mash fest.

Also, as I've said before, a genuine racing sim like Game Stock Car is virtually plug and play with G27, but I've spent hrs and hrs trying to get pcars into a decent state and simply can't.

Some of us just want a racing sim...however, if pcars is going to be simcade, then they should stop with the pretense of being a sim with the best physics ever BS.
The funny thing about the pcars boosters/bullshitters is that the game will probably be a decent simcade and make money, yet that's not enough, you also want to fantasize that it's a sim despite the horrid steering precision, the FFB that just gives up at times, and the uncanny grip levels and the braking mash fest.

Also, as I've said before, a genuine racing sim like Game Stock Car is virtually plug and play with G27, but I've spent hrs and hrs trying to get pcars into a decent state and simply can't.

Same for me, I'm a full member and to me it's just a Simcade at this moment. But they keep saying that it's going to be the best sim.
No mod could change Shift in a Sim.
It's just a racing game that I will play some times like Shift , F1 or Grid.

Here is an example of a discusion between a gamer and a mod in the ''Company structure changes coming soon.'' thread, It was the poor guys first post.

I'm not telling you who the moderator is, but is this fair. I don't think it's fair.
Gamer
''So is this going to be an other console game after all? Main focus will move to consoles and game will be made with they terms.''
Mod
''Probably the worst first post ever. Do better or go away.''
Gamer
''Hmm, soft skin guys here. Sry didn't meant to insult, but lets face it many good projects has moved to other direction what first was mended.
And i didn't say console is only platform i meant, main, not only.
Very glad if that's not the case, let's moves one.''
Mod
''I'm not seeing soft skins, I am reading bullshit though.
Last warning, contribute or we'll remove you.''
Is this a real post? If so while it's a disgusting attitude IMO if it's on their forum, then so be it, they can act as they like as much as i find it disgusting. My issue is on NoGrip and them acting like this, who the hell do they think they are?

That seemed a genuine question to me. And i don't have to guess who the mod is, it's blatenly obvious

David is right also, when the project first started i was honestly hopefull and i supported and defended the title like crazy. I have said before i will always give credit where credit is due. But i will also be brutally honest about stuff at the same time and not sugarcoat stuff like alot do. For me the title has gone backwards and not forwards, way too much emphasis is placed on amazing people with the visuals, that's all well in good but if it drives like a turd then what good are all those visuals in the long run.

The whole attitude of the devs and moderators for me has left a very sour taste. They are kings at marketing, never forget that, but the proof is in the pudding and how it feels.

It was on WDM, it was his first post ever. He even said sorry in his seccond post.

This was my early post with build 71 and now it getting worse every week
''In build 71 I pushed F1 and changed the FFB setting in the ones from the controlset ( G27) from Race 07 ( sorry but I also did this in Shift )
And that was the best FFB I ever had feld before ( much more detailed than Race 07 and allot better than Shift2). It was very detailed and accurate, no inputlag.

Maybe you're moving in the wrong direction and test this.

With the FFB from build 73 it feels as if the car has no frontwheels and steers arround his axle.''

It's just a racing game that I will play some times like Shift , F1 or Grid.

I'll probably buy all the genuine PC sims this yr and see if I feel overwhelmed by early 2013, lol.....but my days of simcade racing is over, simply because there's always a problem here or there, ie, MP, wheel problems, etc, so unless Pcars makes a dramatic improvement{unlikely}, then the most I'd pay is $10 just for curiosity's sake.

If you guys take say RACE07's F3000 to Brno and throw it into the first corner for example, that's what I call steering precision and detailed FFB, same with lowly rf2 with the GT class, it feels like you're connected to the car at all times around some corners{mainly on the front though}....but pcars not only feels like it's these huge gross movements, like you cover 15-20mtr segments before you feel anything and what you do feel is unconvincing anyway, but the FFB goes light half the time when it should load up.

Also, thinking about the wheel weight and precision of FVA's Ferrari at Mugello and then comparing it to anything in pcars makes me laugh.

If you guys take say RACE07's F3000 to Brno and throw it into the first corner for example, that's what I call steering precision and detailed FFB, same with lowly rf2 with the GT class, it feels like you're connected to the car at all times around some corners{mainly on the front though}....but pcars not only feels like it's these huge gross movements, like you cover 15-20mtr segments before you feel anything and what you do feel is unconvincing anyway, but the FFB goes light half the time when it should load up.

Also, thinking about the wheel weight and precision of FVA's Ferrari at Mugello and then comparing it to anything in pcars makes me laugh.
The latest patch for rF2 was the nail in pCARS coffin for me. When rF2 was first released it felt a bit ice skatey like iRacing but the latest patch alongside the GT cars like you said firmly shut the door on pCARS for me. I went back and tried pCARS, it felt so sloppy and just horrible. Right now if it was meant to be a serious sim it would have this feel nailed already, it's the most vital part of a sim.

Like i say, rF2 has real fidelity to it's physics and FFB, so so precise and so much information being given to the user through the wheel alone.

. Right now if it was meant to be a serious sim it would have this feel nailed already, it's the most vital part of a sim.

Boggles my mind how people can drive any of the genuine sims, and then call pcars a sim or even have the audacity{or is it insanity] to suggest it'll be the best sim ever.....of course, it may end up being the best simcade ever, but then again, do they even acknowledge some of the problems that the simcade model has????...if not, then we've got no hope, it'll just be another messy multi-platform game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back