PC1 Banned for no reason!

Lol, negative feedback not allowed.. I do tracks and what i ask the most from my betatesters is to be brutally honest, the praises really don't help in developement at all. They raise spirits and moral but don't help with the actual problems.. Those who develop the content and engine are too close to the project, that's the reason for beta-testers in the first place: to find out stuff you simply can't find or even see... Ok, maybe the posts were a little too harsh and didn't offer any solutions but banning from the game and support forum, that's just awful tactic. I bet personal PM about the language and slight modedit would've been the best solution.. And Open Pre-Alpha, you got to be kidding me? Unless it's open source there's no need to release anything under Alpha monicker, ever.. Beta-candidate at the very extereme cases put never show anything from alpha. They asked non-professionals to give honest feedback and then can't handle that..

Ian Bell is very impressed by himself. He never ever like to be critisied by anyone in the world. pCars is a very awesome project and Ian puts 1,5 Million Euros in it with his SMS Studio. Maybe he gets nerves when it became a financial disaster. I believe in pCars to be one day a awesome sim . By the way the graphic is awesome right now

That's good to hear. There's never enough hi-quality sims in the world. I understand that in the next gen sim the businessmodel is going to be more subsription based, the players use company credibility and reputation as a measuring tool when choosing the provider. But where he goes wrong is the censorship tactic, it only gets you bad rep. That's because when you censor people out from your control, they'll complain for it in external locations where he has NO possibility to straighten things anymore. The damage is usually done by simply telling what happened in the first post and the image is permanently burned to memory. People get feelings associated so quickly and permanently that we may have feelings for a products that we can't even remember hearing about... In modern social media surroundings, it's half based on rumours and individuals experiences..

So what i get from this thread is that PCars has a potential to become a great title. But as an investment not the soundest of decisions. I'll look into the finished product before i'm interested at all, investing in pre-alpha just sounds stupid if the promised feedback is censored heavily to be reminiscent of propaganda.

Your decision is based on this thread? :eek: You read too much garbage. If you are even slightly interested in simracing then 10 euros shouldn't be a big problem to check it out.

Your decision is based on this thread? :eek: You read too much garbage. If you are even slightly interested in simracing then 10 euros shouldn't be a big problem to check it out.

10 euros to be a beta tester...........no thanks. I'll wait and buy the game (if it's any good) when it's on sale at steam for 10 euros.

0,01 cents is too much to find out if a product is good or not. It needs to be verified before the purchase, just like picking up oranges at the local grocers (ok, there's some amount of risk of getting a rotten one still , risk of buying anything..). If you have to buy a product based on the cover you usually have information from external sources if the product is worth buying. That info comes from word-of-mouth, advertising and company image. So yes, based on the information i've gotten from not only this thread but generally i'm not gonna invest yet. I don't have 10 euros to spend on every whim, i got 200 euros per month after utility, not everyone can just buy a game in the friday night out of curiosity.

rFactor2 beta i can understand, there's no doubt in my mind that it's gonna be worth investing. It's good that there are enough people to invest in new product, no harm there but that priviledge is reserved for those who can afford to support via payments.

When putting money in Project CARS, you don't buy a product, you take part in a project, funding it, and giving useful feed back if you can to help improve it.

And if the game is successful you could finish receiving more money that you put in.

I made several posts about bugs and things I would like to be improved and I was not banned after 121 posts.

They don't give you money when the game is succesfull. Junior and team members get a discount, every one higher get a free game + exclusive cars and stuff like that.

They don't give you money when the game is succesfull. Junior and team members get a discount, every one higher get a free game + exclusive cars and stuff like that.
No, you confuse people. Every tier from junior to senior manager will have their returns with the same percentage + Juniors and Team members get discount and all tiers higher than that will get the game.
But the main reason people take part is not to get the game or discount and even potential profit, but to be able to influence the development and get the game everybody will be happy about. SMS deserve much of respect for starting this whole WMD idea.

Well that's not sure because the change it every time. First every body could make some money, now managers and senior managers and when it's finished only 2 people ( 1 from SMS ltd and 1 SMS gmbh ).:)

I have no illusions of ever making money by joining this project, I don't see it as an investment opportunity. I'm in just to enjoy a new racer with great potential.

Managers and senior manages get discounted micro-transactions (don't know what that means).

Nobody seems to know what they mean by their ever changing T&C's. Very confusing. I'd suggest it's merely a ploy to get people to pay upfront to beta test for them instead of them paying beta testers. Clever really. The only ones that will make any money are the big investors i'll guess.

I just started reading this thread. I'm happy that I never became a member of pCars and I never will be. I even think I'm not going to buy pCars when it is released. The comment (written in red in other posts) what WDM members HAVE TO SAY about pCars outside the WDM forum is the most ridiculous thing I ever read about an agreement. Also the fact that you can get banned from nogrip for what you're writing on the WDM forum is unexceptable (IMO).

If it is true that pCars is based on Shift, I think (personal opinion) that pCars is not going to be worth buying.

Netkar Pro and probably Assetto Corsa are the ultimate sims IMHO.

Off topic but FFB doesn't make a game a sim or not. FFB in games is a joke. I never liked FFB and I always turn down the FFB ingame and in the steering wheel driver as much as possible. As long as I have some resistance I'm pleased.
ECCI once said that a steering wheel doesn't need FFB and I agree with them 100%. I bought the SRW S1 wheel and hard mounted it on an old BRD game port steering column. This wheel has no FFB what so ever and it is still a much better wheel than the G27 (except for the lack of 900°).

I have 10 years of experience in real life car control ( = auto training school) and due to the power steeirng and other technical stuff, there is not that much FFB to be felt when going with a car (IRL) on the edge of it's slip angle. It's the visible cues and the g- forces that makes you start to control a car, not the FFB. I can control a car ingame as good with or without FFB.

Yesterday I came across this: http://www.virtualr.net/why-ffb-in-simulations-does-not-work-by-leo-bodnar
I haven't read it yet but I think it's worth while reading.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 401 40.1%