PC1 Banned for no reason!

You guys are just unbelievable. Goodbye, not sure sure I'll check back here. Got sick of this crap on Nogrip already.

Don't slam the door on your way out Mr WMD fan. Unfortunetly for all sim racers, NoGrip seems to be taken over by WMD/SMS employees, fan boys.

By all means come here and discuss it openly and fairly. I'm pretty sure the mods here won't threaten you or anyone else that dares say anything bad about Pcars. You have to be dumb and blind not to see what NG has become with SMS running it. Biased is an understatement. And as for slander on here? Point it out? I could really point out slander, bullying and damn right disgusting attitude on no grip and WMD forums.

Is incredible really. PCars had improved little, so many bugs still and I was unaware of the nogrip situation which seems staggering considering that was a real gem of a site for man gamers. Very sad indeed and utterly predictable if youa re going to ally yourself so naievely..

I am also taking a close watch on simraceway, another game of a similar ilk, but one which modders will know is fraught with issues regarding content. I dont like what has been obviously done, but clearly no proof can be directed in reality.

It is an enjoyable sim/arcadey title, games are fun and races can be too, and if you can play RF1 you will be fine, but not quite sure yet how or where they are going.

Many more releases recently, but no tracks and also the pay per car element is not helping, even though most of the cars cost very little and can be purchased with just a little game time that increases credits.

On the plus side, the mods are always about, very helpful and take criticism on the chin, indeed will actually come with you inot a server to help with issues.

No mod could change Shift in a Sim.
The engine isn't less advance then other renown sims though.

Don't get me wrong. Things like input threading are amonst the most important things for me. However in a purely technical sense you can create a sim that don't allow input at all.

Is he? :eek: Well say no more. Talk about biased moderating. Terrible. I personally don't like Mr Bell. I think he is an arogant git. But that is my opinion.
Ian, no... he got a colored name so people notice him when pCars was still cool (when the project first appeared on NG forums) . He doesn't moderate.

Well said. Some real truth in what you say there. You are right though, they are only interested in the consoles and the profit from them. God almighty, what has happened to real PC sim developers?

Just thank god for teams like ISI, Simbin and Kunos, without them the scene would be ruined. I loved the Kunos quote yesterday about not selling out and making a simcade title just to stay on the market. That is a proper sim developer, same goes with ISI.

Yes indeed. Well done Kunos.

It seems quite obvious now with the utter contempt shown by the jokers at NG/WMD that this will never be a sim, and that as long as it works well with a xbox pad and "reasonably" well with a wheel, they'll be happy, as their main focus is money.
For those modders who make stuff like the F1 2007, the Alzen Porsche etc, you have my sincere thanks....I appreciate your efforts to improve genuine sims and your commitment to sim racing rather than bastardized simcade racing.

What Nathan said. Everyone needs to cool down.

I know my comments on page 1 might put me in the "Fanboy" category so I would like to say that won't be defending pCARS as it is too easy to fall into that category. I will let the sim do the talking when it is released. Hopefully more WMD members will see that it's better that way.

What Nathan said. Everyone needs to cool down.

Yeah, cool down, you do that.

I see you point, though, your previous comments may indeed qualify you as a Fanboy, so obviously you'll never see this matter fairly.

However, it should be possible for others to talk about this here (not at WMD or NoGrip, but here), right?

Nathan Robinson said:
who cares if some people think pcars is the ultimate sim?

Yeah! That's right! Who cares, m8?

Not me. Do you?

Here's the thing:

For some of us, pCARS has the potential to become a very good sim.

Some of you "think pcars is the ultimate sim".

You, m8, "just enjoy the visuals and sounds" (which helps you "cope with the driving" - that bad for you?!).

We're all fine, see?

But, m8, I don't know what's up with you, but this is not what we are discussing here.

Nathan Robinson said:
they are entitled to their opinion just as you are about your favorite sim

Yeah, sure, whatever you say...but who are they? What sort of opinion do they have? Where did they express it? Here? But isn't this thread about people being banned from WMD, and about problems with people discussing problems of pCARS on WMD forums?

What has this "favourite sim" <inarticulate or meaningless talk or sounds> of yours got to do with what people are talking about right here?

you guys are not the experts who define which sims are best, you're just hobbyists like the rest of us so why dont we jog on from this and stop acting like know it alls

There you are again. You guys? Who's "you guys"?

From the "favourite sim" <inarticulate or meaningless talk or sounds> to the "you guys are not experts" <inarticulate or meaningless talk or sounds> , quite a repertoire you have there.

LOL! Hobbyists? Really? :D

(Content sent to simberia as it didn't match our ToS & Rules)

Always the same tactics: for some of you, if people are not praising SMS/WMD/pCARS, then they are being negative or pretending to be experts "who define which sims are best".

But at least, it is so obvious where you come from (hat off to you for it) that there's hardly any point in taking the bait again.

Fact is, as that odd character said over at NoGrip, they're expecting to make millions with console gamers. Whatever we may have to say is of little value to these types. Which, again, is at odds with the initial expectations created by Ian Bell's declaration of a "cunning plan" involving the community:

Originally Posted by IanBell
Maybe the community can all buy into a game dev deal, and own a slice of it and the revenues. We build the game together with a huge forum so everyone can input and have complete insight into the development. That would be very cool and we'd all get what we want.

Seems to me these types were not what Ian Bell had in mind in the beginning. Quite probably, at the same time money came in, these types acted to move the community out.

Fact is, as that odd character said over at NoGrip, they're expecting to make millions with console gamers. Whatever we may have to say is of little value to these types. Which, again, is at odds with the initial expectations created by Ian Bell's declaration of a "cunning plan" involving the community:

Far as I can tell, there's no modern sims* on console, so it seems that anything multi-platform is likely to be simcade at best and a profit maximizing scheme first and foremost.

As for Bell and pcars, it's quite possible this could end up being decent game, but I don't know how much control he has given the structure they've employed, but typical of the worst throw away games, the "accountants" quickly cut the heart and soul out of it in a bid to reduce costs and render it a shallow turd that can only appeal to the mindless masses who never seem to notice anything and tolerate everything, and then thirst for a new game and wonder why....

* not sure of the exact state of RacePro, as it was in poor shape upon release and don't know if it was patched into sim status.

Wow, this was quite a read...
I've decided to remain neutral about the whole thing. I haven't been around NoGrip in ages, and I've never been one to get involved in huge debates like this, so I'll just sit back with my figurative bowl of popcorn and see what happens...

It seems quite obvious now with the utter contempt shown by the jokers at NG/WMD that this will never be a sim, and that as long as it works well with a xbox pad and "reasonably" well with a wheel, they'll be happy, as their main focus is money.
For those modders who make stuff like the F1 2007, the Alzen Porsche etc, you have my sincere thanks....I appreciate your efforts to improve genuine sims and your commitment to sim racing rather than bastardized simcade racing.

The problem is it DOESN'T work well with a pad, that's what I'm using right now and it's awful!

]That's the problem right there and exactly the reason people here are moaning about NoGrip. Like you have just done there, you have read the parts that suit you. Basically you have seen pCARS will never be a sim in the same light as NetKar or rF2 and instantly jumped in.

As others have pointed out, this thread is about attitudes and behaviour shown but moderators over at NG that are policing the site whilst working for SMS. It's also about being accused of a troll if you come out and say something that doesn't suit them or favour the sim.

The fanboys are just the cherry on the top. My opinions are my own and so whatever i say you should not partner everybody else in here with my opinions. My opinion....pCARS is NOT and NEVER will be a sim in the same light as rF2 and other established simulations. If it did want to be like them it would already be feeling good and have the driving locked down, it has not.

Yes, you are right we are not experts but guess what i know what feels right to me and also guess what if pCARS is realistic and doing it right then every other sim is arcade and doing it wrong, because all the others feel similar to each other, that suggests to me that the others are the sims that are indeed right.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.